Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 36 guests

Stories you wish were told?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Stories you wish were told?
Post by roseandheather   » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:14 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

Hutch wrote:SNIP
Doesn't detract from his writing.

I would beg to differ. *grumblemumble* Augustus and Estelle *grumblemumble* Sonja and Shannon *grumblemumble* Michael and Abigail *grumblemumble*

In all seriousness, though, I actually don't read RFC for the romances. (I will pause here to allow you all to recover from the collective heart attack.) Individual characters, the way they mesh together as friends and colleagues and allies; the vast interlocking factors that shape the social and political landscape; shit blowing up... that's what keeps me coming back.

(Augustus and Estelle still need to get married.)
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by Hutch   » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:20 pm

Hutch
Vice Admiral

Maldorian wrote:Some of the sidecharacters! What happens to Lars, Berry´s brother? A few words would be enouhg like "He is chasing Girls at University" or so!

He has a 'cameo' during Cauldron of Ghosts, he does appear to be attending college..

Underwood had shifted the focus of The Star Empire Today. Again, the Talking Heads were swiveled in the chairs, watching the footage recorded earlier of an interview with Lars Zilwicki. The campus grounds of the New University of Landing formed the backdrop. Lars had just started his third year there.

“—never saw it, not even the…leftovers, I guess you’d say. They made sure to take me and Berry out by a different route. I heard a lot about it later, of course. But I didn’t meet Victor Cachat then, and I’ve never met him since.”

Cathy smiled. “We’re talking about Lars. Being interviewed by a very attractive and sophisticated-looking young woman. You really think he’s not going to keep talking?”

“She’s ten years older than he is,” Anton growled. “At least.”

Across from him, Berry smiled also. “And that has stopped my brother…when, exactly?”

What is with Benjamin Mahew´s childs? Honor was shocked as she saw Benjamin last time (In my Country is the last book or books not published yet), what are his daughters doing? What happens when Benjamin dies?

Yeah, I would like to know how the kids are doing. As for Benjamin, I think his son would be his successor, followed by his brother (not sure if the Protector can devolve to a female yet, despite the reforms elsewhere).

Little bit more about the wormholes?

One to Beowulf
one to Basilisk
one to the Andermans (Gregor's Star)
one to Trevor´s Star
one to Lynx/Talbott

Makes two missing! Maybe I only don´t remember them if there was something written about them.

The other two go to Hennessy and Mataplan; neither has figured prominently to date, but given the expanse of the Great Solarian War (as I'm naming it), we may yet see them featured.

Maybe if DW want to put the whole Honorverse upside down, what is, if mankind meet´s an technologed advanced Alien species?

I don't see that happening at this stage of development.
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Post by cthia   » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:35 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

I'd sure like a few chapters on Emily when she was a huge HD star with mega fans.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by SWM   » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:04 pm

SWM
Fleet Admiral

How about the story of a young idealist, mocked and scorned by his peers. Betrayed by people he thought his friends. Forced out of his job, harassed in the media. A man who rises above adversity to establish one of the most powerful dynasties in the galaxy. A man named Leonard Detweiler.

:D
--------------------------------------------
Librarian: The Original Search Engine
Post by kzt   » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:06 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

I'll go for that.

But Steve Stirling is kind of busy writing books I can't stand, so it probably won't happen.
Post by exiledtoIA   » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:53 pm

exiledtoIA
Lieutenant Commander

Hutch wrote:
exiledtoIA wrote:...I still think that they have a Havenite counterpart and I want to see them meet up. Probably somewhere in the Talbot quadrant where they get to mix it up with Sollies.

Add in the RMN version and you have "the Three Stooges", but I love the idea all the same.

Hutch, the Francis has a crew of Manties and Graysons mixed.
I doubt the RMN has one as since they have the Masada station to man.
Being assigned there would let you know you had had intimate relations with the puppy.
Post by justdave   » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:05 pm

justdave
Lieutenant Commander

Hutch wrote:
cthia wrote: Was Manticore discovered first or the MWJ?

The wormhole junction wasn't discovered untilsometime around 1580 PD (the first transit (to Beowulf) was in 1585PD). The initial settlement of Manticore was in 1416PD (that's when the slow-boat colonists arrived; there was a small colony already there to help them, having arrived by FTL).

All the above is from HoS.

As for stories to be told, we've had bits and pieces about Mike and Honor while at the Academy; I imagine there are a few more stories in there.

Manticore Ascending books are just about to the discovery point
Post by Valen123456   » Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:02 am

Valen123456
Lieutenant Commander

SWM wrote:How about the story of a young idealist, mocked and scorned by his peers. Betrayed by people he thought his friends. Forced out of his job, harassed in the media. A man who rises above adversity to establish one of the most powerful dynasties in the galaxy. A man named Leonard Detweiler.

:D

That we hope is going to be the House of Shadows book that will be one of the sequels to House of Steel. Hopefully one of its chapters/sections will have a short story from Leonard Deitweilers point of view.

My private thoughts are that it will demonstrate that Leonard really was a genuine idealist who desired to improve the whole human race, and prove just how far the Mesan Alignment has fallen from his goals. (Or maybe even that in the end before he died, he regretted setting what would become the Alignment in motion.... Unlikely i know, but would make for a fascinating plot twist).
Post by kzt   » Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:28 am

kzt
Fleet Admiral

Valen123456 wrote:My private thoughts are that it will demonstrate that Leonard really was a genuine idealist who desired to improve the whole human race, and prove just how far the Mesan Alignment has fallen from his goals. (Or maybe even that in the end before he died, he regretted setting what would become the Alignment in motion.... Unlikely i know, but would make for a fascinating plot twist).

I rather suspect he was a completely genuine idealist who was perfectly willing to climb over mountains of bodies to accomplish his utopia. There are at least a dozen people in the last century who collectively managed to kill something like 200 million people failing to achieve their new Soviet Man, Aryan superman, Tutsi-free Rwanda or whatever insane ideal motivated them.
Post by JeffEngel   » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:44 am

JeffEngel
Admiral

Hutch wrote:
What is with Benjamin Mahew´s childs? Honor was shocked as she saw Benjamin last time (In my Country is the last book or books not published yet), what are his daughters doing? What happens when Benjamin dies?

Yeah, I would like to know how the kids are doing. As for Benjamin, I think his son would be his successor, followed by his brother (not sure if the Protector can devolve to a female yet, despite the reforms elsewhere).

The Protector's office was specifically excepted from the reforms allowing a steading to be inherited by a daughter. (Also, the existing immediate male steading heirs had their inheritance guaranteed by a grandfather clause, though I think if they should be unable to inherit, the reformed succession order would then apply.)

Return to Honorverse