Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 153 guests

Need some help...

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Need some help...
Post by Caithford   » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:10 pm

Caithford
Midshipman

So, a friend saw Jim Butcher at a con a year and a half ago or so, and made the comment he would LOVE to write a short story in the Honorverse. I would love to see this happen. I want to make it happen. MWW, can you make this happen for me in your next anthology? Pretty please? With sugar on top?
Re: Need some help...
Post by kzt   » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:41 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

Caithford wrote:So, a friend saw Jim Butcher at a con a year and a half ago or so, and made the comment he would LOVE to write a short story in the Honorverse. I would love to see this happen. I want to make it happen. MWW, can you make this happen for me in your next anthology? Pretty please? With sugar on top?

Contact Tom Pope. Not sure he is the right guy, but he's close to the right guy and easier to get the attention of than David.
Post by Armed Neo-Bob   » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:40 am

Armed Neo-Bob
Captain of the List

kzt wrote:
Caithford wrote:So, a friend saw Jim Butcher at a con a year and a half ago or so, and made the comment he would LOVE to write a short story in the Honorverse. I would love to see this happen. I want to make it happen. MWW, can you make this happen for me in your next anthology? Pretty please? With sugar on top?

Contact Tom Pope. Not sure he is the right guy, but he's close to the right guy and easier to get the attention of than David.

I like the Dresden Files stories. But.

Butcher has written stories in a half dozen anthologies, so if he wanted to write for one of RFC's, his agent would have spoken with RFC about it. In the intro to most of the stories in his own anthology (Side Jobs) most of the stories he wrote were last minute jobs that he somehow got done at the last second.

And, somehow, Harry Dresden doesn't seem like a good candidate for the RMN officer corps. . . . He'd have burnt down the Janacek Admiralty. :D

Rob
Post by ericth   » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:06 pm

ericth
Commander

Armed Neo-Bob wrote:<stuff deleted for brevity>

Butcher has written stories in a half dozen anthologies, so if he wanted to write for one of RFC's, his agent would have spoken with RFC about it. In the intro to most of the stories in his own anthology (Side Jobs) most of the stories he wrote were last minute jobs that he somehow got done at the last second.

And, somehow, Harry Dresden doesn't seem like a good candidate for the RMN officer corps. . . . He'd have burnt down the Janacek Admiralty. :D

Rob

I strongly suspect he short story would be about how wizards exist in the Honorverse. Do they have their own planet/colony? Is prolong compatible? How do they avoid detection, and recruit newly emerged wizards from the overall population? Can the Nevernever be used to travel between worlds?
Post by Armed Neo-Bob   » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:42 pm

Armed Neo-Bob
Captain of the List

ericth wrote:
Armed Neo-Bob wrote:<stuff deleted for brevity>

Rob

I strongly suspect he short story would be about how wizards exist in the Honorverse. Do they have their own planet/colony? Is prolong compatible? How do they avoid detection, and recruit newly emerged wizards from the overall population? Can the Nevernever be used to travel between worlds?

Actually, no, I think he is versatile enough to write something suitable to the mileau. But he isn't someone who has published SF in the past, I think his work is all fantasy. So I don't know whether he'd be invited to submit a story. He might like and even need a chance to do something else, though. Doing something different is why DW writes the Bahzell stories, after all.

Rob
Post by Dauntless   » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:52 pm

Dauntless
Rear Admiral

given the limited sample chapters available so far for his new book, the steampunk one, which has a fair amount of naval stuff happening i think he could cope.

but there is the fact that Jim Butcher seems to prefer playing in in universes of his own creation. The short stories in all the anthologies that i've read were all Dresden Files.

Return to Honorverse