Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 188 guests

Say it isn't so...

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Say it isn't so...
Post by tiber1978   » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:21 am

tiber1978
Ensign

Ugh! I'm SO confused. The information on the Wikis/Wikias and what I am reading in the book has me upside-down.

So, the short and sweet of it seems to be that Andrew and Miranda died...somewhere...somehow...but not in a way that was like "and they died."

It sounds like they were collateral damage, not that they had like...a meaningful end.

It also sounds like Alfred and Allison are not dead. Not sure about Faith and the other children, but...still. Very confusing.

I'm just rolling over the part immediately after Thomas and Honor complete their first sim together, after the alliance is formed, in A Rising Thunder, but...I think I am going to have to go back and read to figure this out now...
Post by Dauntless   » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:39 am

Dauntless
Rear Admiral

it could be argued that every death was "just" collateral damage. The stations where the targets, not those working or living on them or on the planet below them
Post by Hutch   » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:38 am

Hutch
Vice Admiral

tiber1978 wrote:Ugh! I'm SO confused. The information on the Wikis/Wikias and what I am reading in the book has me upside-down.

So, the short and sweet of it seems to be that Andrew and Miranda died...somewhere...somehow...but not in a way that was like "and they died."

It sounds like they were collateral damage, not that they had like...a meaningful end.

It also sounds like Alfred and Allison are not dead. Not sure about Faith and the other children, but...still. Very confusing.

I'm just rolling over the part immediately after Thomas and Honor complete their first sim together, after the alliance is formed, in A Rising Thunder, but...I think I am going to have to go back and read to figure this out now...

I suggest you read Mission of Honor, next, that will take care of your confusion regarding the losses Honor suffered in her "family" due to what is now called Oyster Bay. If you don't have time for the whole back story, go to chapters 28-30 for the attack and 35-36 for Honor's reaction to the losses she suffered.

And yes, Andrew and Miranda are gone; Allison and Alfred are alive, as our Honor's son and siblings. And that's all I'm going to say for now. Read and discover.
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Post by tiber1978   » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:10 pm

tiber1978
Ensign

I actually just finished it, but I think I just missed those parts when I was listening to it. I tried to follow Oyster Bay as best as I could, but a lot happened.

I'll have to double back and reread it...

Hutch wrote:
tiber1978 wrote:Ugh! I'm SO confused. The information on the Wikis/Wikias and what I am reading in the book has me upside-down.

I suggest you read Mission of Honor, next, that will take care of your confusion regarding the losses Honor suffered in her "family" due to what is now called Oyster Bay. If you don't have time for the whole back story, go to chapters 28-30 for the attack and 35-36 for Honor's reaction to the losses she suffered.

And yes, Andrew and Miranda are gone; Allison and Alfred are alive, as our Honor's son and siblings. And that's all I'm going to say for now. Read and discover.

Return to Honorverse