Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 163 guests

Say it isn't so...

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Say it isn't so...
Post by tiber1978   » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:57 am

tiber1978
Ensign

I should probably preface this with a SPOILER ALERT even though I am probably the only one who hasn't read this far...

So I am just rolling over chapter 40 of Mission of Honor, and trying to find the part in the book where we, inevitably, find out that Honor Harrington's parents, and Andrew, didn't DIE, but I am having a hard time locating this particular part of the story...

My question, for the people ahead of me, is to ask "So, what book/part of the story do we find out where all the Harringtons are and what happened to them or how they survived and stuff?"

I read in one of the Wikis that it her mother was among the number counted from when the station impacted on Sphinx, but I also know that any troll can show up and edit Wikis to say whatever they want, and you can't always trust that garbage.

So when is the next time we get to read about the Harrington clan other than Honor and Hamish...?
Re: Say it isn't so...
Post by JeffEngel   » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:10 pm

JeffEngel
Admiral

tiber1978 wrote:I should probably preface this with a SPOILER ALERT even though I am probably the only one who hasn't read this far...

So I am just rolling over chapter 40 of Mission of Honor, and trying to find the part in the book where we, inevitably, find out that Honor Harrington's parents, and Andrew, didn't DIE, but I am having a hard time locating this particular part of the story...

My question, for the people ahead of me, is to ask "So, what book/part of the story do we find out where all the Harringtons are and what happened to them or how they survived and stuff?"

I read in one of the Wikis that it her mother was among the number counted from when the station impacted on Sphinx, but I also know that any troll can show up and edit Wikis to say whatever they want, and you can't always trust that garbage.

So when is the next time we get to read about the Harrington clan other than Honor and Hamish...?

Keep reading. It's not much further along. Honor will find out the details - both horrible and relieving - when she gets back to Manticore.
Post by Kytheros   » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:11 pm

Kytheros
Rear Admiral

tiber1978 wrote:I should probably preface this with a SPOILER ALERT even though I am probably the only one who hasn't read this far...

After Honor gets back to Manticore.
I think there might be some talk in ART as well, when we're with the Beowulf Board of Directors.
Post by tiber1978   » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:33 pm

tiber1978
Ensign

It's almost enough to make me want to skip going back to read Storm from the Shadows so I can see what happens next...

:P It's like a sick joke.
Post by tiber1978   » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:02 pm

tiber1978
Ensign

Ok, so I just finished Mission of Honor. Maybe I just glazed over it, but I didn't catch any specific tidbits about where Allison or Rafael Harrington ended up.

I just started A Rising Thunder, so maybe they'll follow up on this relatively early on...?
Post by n7axw   » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:57 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

tiber1978 wrote:Ok, so I just finished Mission of Honor. Maybe I just glazed over it, but I didn't catch any specific tidbits about where Allison or Rafael Harrington ended up.

I just started A Rising Thunder, so maybe they'll follow up on this relatively early on...?

MOH is dense enough that skimming is containdicated. Read the chapter where Hamish and Caprelli (sp) go out to 8th Fleet's flag ship to give Honor the sad news about what's happened to her family.

OR

The blow by blow of how Andrew LaFollet dies but manages to save Allison, Raoul and Lindsay is told as part of the story of the Yawatta Strike.

On these forums, spoiler warnings are only asked for for 30 days after publication date.

Don
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by Armed Neo-Bob   » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:07 pm

Armed Neo-Bob
Captain of the List

Don,

I really like your sig.

When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Post by n7axw   » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:36 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Armed Neo-Bob wrote:Don,

I really like your sig.

Thanks. That is specifically in response to the situation in the Safehold series although it might be said that Grayson and Masada have had enough experience with the issue as well.

Don
Post by Armed Neo-Bob   » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:50 pm

Armed Neo-Bob
Captain of the List

n7axw wrote:
Armed Neo-Bob wrote:Don,

I really like your sig.

Thanks. That is specifically in response to the situation in the Safehold series although it might be said that Grayson and Masada have had enough experience with the issue as well.

Don

I went to Iraq in 2005; all-source intel analyst. I really, really agree with the sentiment.

Rob
Post by Relax   » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:56 pm

Relax
Fleet Admiral

I would say nearly every societies political culture is a direct image of their religion by and large.

Religion is politics. Politics is religion.

There is no such thing as a separation between the two. The only time this is partially true is when the majority all hold the same base tenents but disagree on the details of their religion.
_________
Tally Ho!
Relax

Return to Honorverse