Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 149 guests

List of Honour - Honourverse

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: List of Honour - Honourverse
Post by saber964   » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:48 pm

saber964
Admiral

Theemile wrote: quote="saber964"]
cthia wrote:D'Orville had King Roger and Kuzak had King Roger III. Who had King Roger II? Also, even though they were destroyed, wouldn't both Sebastian's and Kuzak's ships continue to be honoured? They both died heroically.

There should also be a RMS Salamander, much to Honor's chagrin. Even with her metabolism, she can't have her cake and eat it too.

The League should be running out of ship names. And I think textev supported that, because didn't they have a ship named for something or someone that Honor, or someone, couldn't believe would be a ship name? Can anyone recall that ship's name?

Does textev give account of a ship being removed from the list?

There has already been a ship named HMS Salamander she was the lead ship of the Salamander class destroyers. It is also the name of Manticore A-I.

We could also assume that one of the Thorston(Torston?) class BBs (named for Manticorian Planetary bodies) was named Salamander also.[/quote]

Probably not. Because the Battleships were named for moons. Thorston is more properly styled as Manticore A-III(a) and the other two Bellerophon is Manticore A-IV(a) and Perseus is Manticore A-IV(b)
Post by Jonathan_S   » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:18 pm

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:
saber964 wrote:There has already been a ship named HMS Salamander she was the lead ship of the Salamander class destroyers. It is also the name of Manticore A-I.

Thanks for the info saber. I wasn't aware of either fact.

My next puzzlement is why RFC passed up weaving it directly into storyline in dramatic fashion?

I can imagine Honor -- the Salamander -- having at her disposal, only several lowly destroyers - outnumbered, of the Salamander class to assist her. Where she squeezes blood out of baby Salamanders.
Even Honor is going to be hard pressed to do anything with 400 year old destroyers. :D

The wiki (I know, I know) says they were introduced in the 2nd Travis Long (Manticore Ascendant) book; [which is being released next month (full ebook released on Sunday)]. So that makes it a 16th century PD design (compared to the 20th century PD designs Honor Harrington is used to).
Post by cthia   » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:34 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:
saber964 wrote:There has already been a ship named HMS Salamander she was the lead ship of the Salamander class destroyers. It is also the name of Manticore A-I.

Thanks for the info saber. I wasn't aware of either fact.

My next puzzlement is why RFC passed up weaving it directly into storyline in dramatic fashion?

I can imagine Honor -- the Salamander -- having at her disposal, only several lowly destroyers - outnumbered, of the Salamander class to assist her. Where she squeezes blood out of baby Salamanders.

Johnathan_S wrote:Even Honor is going to be hard pressed to do anything with 400 year old destroyers. :D

The wiki (I know, I know) says they were introduced in the 2nd Travis Long (Manticore Ascendant) book; [which is being released next month (full ebook released on Sunday)]. So that makes it a 16th century PD design (compared to the 20th century PD designs Honor Harrington is used to).

We're talking about Honor Harrington Johnathan. She can bluff treecats into thinking she's not human. If Peeps would have seen three or four destroyers acting like they ran something other than dishwater, they would have honored them if Harrington commanded them.

"Obviously, she thinks she can take us. Which means she probably can." lol

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense

Return to Honorverse