Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 157 guests

(SPOILERS AHOY) House of Lies: Let the Speculation Begin!

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
(SPOILERS AHOY) House of Lies: Let the Speculation Begin!
Post by roseandheather   » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:26 am

roseandheather
Admiral

Hutch wrote:So I am at Liberty Con in Chattanooga (2 hr drive for me), where the MWW is the Writer Guest of Honor (and Eric Flint is here with the 1632 Mini-con). DW had a session of "Weber Talks" (not what it was called, but that is what we got), where he held forth on a variety of topics, most have little to do with the Honorverse (but we did get his take on Islam, history thereof). But in the last 5 minutes of the session, he did let several things slip.

So I repeat again..SPOILER WARNING!! If you read past here and then say "Awww, I didn't want to know that now, tough patooties...You Have Been Warned.

Also, I'd ask that you take care not to drop this out of the thread except with Spoiler warnings....the way DW talked we won't see anything from Honor in 2015 and if there is anything in 2016, it'll be later than sooner, so let's be careful about spoiling anything for folks who don't like to know ahead of time.

That said.....

* House of LIes is taking longer than planned, both due to the MWW writing schedule and Bu9's ability to get together and hash out the detail work. He has not started his novelette for House of Lies yet, but he did reveal....

*...That it was supposed to be about the DuQuense plan and Mesan involvement with same, but that instead he currently plans to write two shorter novelettes focusing on the lives and times of Thomas Theisman and Eloise Prichart as they go from the Legislaturist Era to the Rob Pierre/Oscar St. Just era and ending the Tom asks Eloise to take over the Government.

(And no, I take no responsibility for any seismic shifts caused by rose-n-heather's reaction to this news.)

* Weber confirmed that there will be only two more books in the 'mainline' Honor Harrington saga, and guaranteedthat we will not be disappointed on how it turns out or Honor's involvement in the storyline. While giving nothing of the plot away, he did say (spoiler warning, remember....)

--About 10 Million Beowulfers are going to die. He originally planned that "Uncle Jacques" would be one of them, but may be back off that, since how much more can you piss Honor off than she already is?

--Eloise and Emperess Elizabeth are going to forge even closer ties between Haven and Manticore, by giving citizenship in one polity the same recognition in the other (i.e., if a Manticorian moves to a Havenite system, he will be treated the same as if he was a Havenite, and visa versa for Havenites in the SEM. He hasn't decided yet if the fleets will be merged or be more like a NATO-type relationship, but the pattern will be to ensure that whatever comes in the future, Haven and Manticore will face it together...as friends and allies.

(somebody please check on rose-n-heather's BP)

And that should be enough. Again, don't expect anything before the last half of 2016 and maybe 2017. Runs for Celery said nothing (at this time) about the movie deal. But we still have two days to go and he's doing a session with Eric Flint tomorrow morning, so who knows what may get dropped.....

Remember. "SPOILERS" if you use this information in other threads...or try to keep the conversation on this one.

All (accurate) jokes about my blood pressure aside - this is possibly the single most exciting news I have ever had come out of the Honorverse, and I've been following this series in one form or another for well over half a decade. So - let us speculate!

What might we see in these magical perfect unicorns - I mean, short stories?

Do we finally get to find out what happened to Tom Theisman that one drunken night his third year at the Academy?

Do we get to see Eloise and Tom's first meeting after "Goodbye, Citizen Chairman" and find out how a lifelong friendship began?

Do we get to see Brigade Commander Delta in action?

And, the point closest to my heart - do we get to watch Javier and Eloise fall in love??

Have at it! What do you want to see from these stories? What do you think we will see? And how many times am I going to die while reading them? :mrgreen:
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Re: (SPOILERS AHOY) House of Lies: Let the Speculation Begin
Post by cthia   » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:47 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Well, I was meaning to place this in your POV thread. A thread that I love so very much - thank you kindly. But it will fit here just as well...

I'd like to get a little more background on Theisman's life as an orphan. And perhaps a few chapters of his mother, who was a prostitute. Did she love him? Did she do what she does because she loved Tom and that was the only means to feed him? Where was his father?

And last but not least, for now, how did a man like Tom Theismann find himself on the other side of the Masadan fence? A chapter or three leading up to it would be nice. That objective, though he undoubtedly saw as his duty initially, must have given him the worst mental wedgie imaginable. I'm talking emotional knickers pulled so far up his butt that it choked off neurons in his brain.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by John Prigent   » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:49 am

John Prigent
Captain of the List

Well over half a decade, roseandheather? Is that all? Some of us have been following it for over two decades :D .
Cheers
John (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Post by cthia   » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:23 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

John Prigent wrote:Well over half a decade, roseandheather? Is that all? Some of us have been following it for over two decades :D .
Cheers

Yes John. But you followed the series literally. She followed the series emotionally with her heart and soul. That more than makes up for the difference in exposure.

In the words of a woman. You love the series and the characters but Rose is in love with the series and the characters.

If you've never had a woman dumping you and explaining the difference of loving you and being in love with you, then you're lucky. It's the pits - so I've heard.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:18 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

There could be given a little more personal background of Eloise, such as the command track leading to her becoming known as 'Brigade Commander Delta.'

And I'd like to know of any first loves, prior to Giscard.

Post by Kizarvexis   » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:27 pm

Kizarvexis
Captain (Junior Grade)

cthia wrote:There could be given a little more personal background of Eloise, such as the command track leading to her becoming known as 'Brigade Commander Delta.'

Prior to Giscard would be Kevin Usher, while she was an Aprilist. Although, that sounded more like friends with benefits than love.
Post by JeffEngel   » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:31 pm

JeffEngel
Admiral

Kizarvexis wrote:
cthia wrote:There could be given a little more personal background of Eloise, such as the command track leading to her becoming known as 'Brigade Commander Delta.'

Prior to Giscard would be Kevin Usher, while she was an Aprilist. Although, that sounded more like friends with benefits than love.

Best-of-friends with benefits? Love and sex and friendship and trust without it being specifically romantic, I'd say. It certainly wasn't a casual relationship as a whole, but the sex part doesn't seem to have been crucial and it wasn't like it was with Javier.
Post by JeffEngel   » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:32 pm

JeffEngel
Admiral

JeffEngel wrote:
Kizarvexis wrote:Prior to Giscard would be Kevin Usher, while she was an Aprilist. Although, that sounded more like friends with benefits than love.

Best-of-friends with benefits? Love and sex and friendship and trust without it being specifically romantic, I'd say. It certainly wasn't a casual relationship as a whole, but the sex part doesn't seem to have been crucial and it wasn't like it was with Javier.

Or for Kevin like it is with Ginny, for that matter.
Post by cthia   » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:41 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Kizarvexis wrote:

JeffEngel wrote:Best-of-friends with benefits? Love and sex and friendship and trust without it being specifically romantic, I'd say. It certainly wasn't a casual relationship as a whole, but the sex part doesn't seem to have been crucial and it wasn't like it was with Javier.

Absolutely. That wasn't a love affair, as you've both noted. I saw their relationship akin to that Hamish had on the down-low with - who was that officer?

It's just that I sense there being a first love for Eloise, because Giscard wasn't mentioned as her first real love. Probably her strongest though. With her profile giving her as the most beautiful woman that Theisman's ever seen, takes little imagination to entertain that blonde having had more fun earlier on.

Post by John Prigent   » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:45 pm

John Prigent
Captain of the List

Did I disturb your equanimity, Cthia? Sorry about that. No, I've never had that experience so I'll defer to you. FWIW, we've been happily married for more than 50 years so I don't think she'll dump me now.
Cheers
John

cthia wrote:
John Prigent wrote:Well over half a decade, roseandheather? Is that all? Some of us have been following it for over two decades :D .
Cheers

Yes John. But you followed the series literally. She followed the series emotionally with her heart and soul. That more than makes up for the difference in exposure.

In the words of a woman. You love the series and the characters but Rose is in love with the series and the characters.

If you've never had a woman dumping you and explaining the difference of loving you and being in love with you, then you're lucky. It's the pits - so I've heard.

Return to Honorverse