Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 58 guests

A certain RMN Officer...

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: A certain RMN Officer...
Post by stewart   » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:41 pm

stewart
Captain of the List

"roseandheather"]"cthia"]"SharkHunter"]
I dunno, we could pair Suchon off with a similarly useless person like, say, Houseman et. al? But only if they can't add anything to the descendancy gene pool.[/quote]
You know, this concept is actually rather humorous. Quiteso!

People in the Honorverse that you wouldn't want to couple and procreate.

Victor should be forbidden to procreate with Cordelia Ransom! The makings of a natural genetic monster! :lol:[/quote]

Anything should be forbidden to procreate with Cordelia Ransom. Particularly given that she's a demon from the deepest pits of Hell, and not an actual human being. :twisted:[/quote]

------------

Fortunately that possibility has been dealt with rather permanently by "Sir" Horace

-- Stewart
Post by jchilds   » Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:23 am

jchilds
Captain of the List

Unless she had children before she died. When she first appeared, she had all the trappings of a Dolist, IIRC. So it's possible that one or more of her offspring took the same path as Tom Thiesman did though state care. Saint-Just had children - I wonder if they survived?
Post by exiledtoIA   » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:16 pm

exiledtoIA
Lieutenant Commander

I wonder. . . how about someone closer to home? Tony Nesbit is shaping up; and she could have a bit of playtime chopping his cousin up into treecat snacks, later. . . .

Rob[/quote]

I dunno, isn't his cousin working for the MA?
How do we know he isn't as well?
It would be in character for the MA to slide someone into
Haven's new government.
Post by SharkHunter   » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:14 am

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

roseandheather wrote:JChilds made the mistake of (re)introducing me on another thread to one Senator Ninon Bourchier, former Aprilist personally responsible for seven assassinations, one of the first to rally in support of the Theisman Coup after Saint-Just met his timely end, and ultimately high-ranking senator and member of the Constitutional Progressives who was in on the peace talks with Honor Harrington before Oyster Bay kicked the shit out of Manticore and Grayson and prompted my darling's mad midnight dash to the former to heal all of my heartbreak in a single stroke.

So, my kinda gal. :mrgreen:

Now, given that this is me, obviously she is single until explicitly proven otherwise. (Not that that ever stopped me before, mind you. Threesomes are fun!)

Who do we pair her off with?? :twisted:
cthia wrote:As a colleague, she could be a member of a seemingly innocuous looking trio of bridge players called the "movers&shakers" -- Estelle Matsuko, Cathy Montaigne and Senator Ninon Bourchier. I know for a fact the Senator is a hell raiser -- she gives my spell checker fits.

roseandheather wrote:Oooh, I know.....

ALLEN HIGGINS!!

*listens with satisfaction to simultaneous collective groan of entire board*
No groan here.... APPLAUSE!! although... [dare I say it?] She sounds like a better match for...

Yep, Jeremy X.
---------------------
All my posts are YMMV, IMHO, and welcoming polite discussion, extension, and rebuttal. This is the HonorVerse, after all
Post by timmopussycat   » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:19 pm

timmopussycat
Lieutenant Commander

roseandheather wrote:
Here's a project for you: find someone for Bernardus van Dort. (Not Dame Estelle. She's taken.)

Ginger Lewis. She's an engineer and Bernardus knows who keeps the ships running, she's bright and poised and with a certain maturity about her.
Post by Fox2!   » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:50 pm

Fox2!
Commodore

timmopussycat wrote:
Ginger Lewis. She's an engineer and Bernardus knows who keeps the ships running, she's bright and poised and with a certain maturity about her.

Isn't Ginger (like Paolo and Wanderman) in somewhat of a Schrödinger state right now? Was she or wasn't she (and Wanderman) aboard Weyland when the Yawata Strike occurred? Was Paolo aboard Nasty Kitty (Or aboard Hephaestus? Or (reasonably) safe dirtside?

Inquiring minds (and Helen Zwiliki) want to know!

I know she's been busy playing Flag Lieutenant, but has Helen even thought about Paolo since Yawata?
Post by SharkHunter   » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:46 am

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

Fox2! wrote:
timmopussycat wrote:

Isn't Ginger (like Paolo and Wanderman) in somewhat of a Schrödinger state right now? Was she or wasn't she (and Wanderman) aboard Weyland when the Yawata Strike occurred? Was Paolo aboard Nasty Kitty (Or aboard Hephaestus? Or (reasonably) safe dirtside?

I know she's been busy playing Flag Lieutenant, but has Helen even thought about Paolo since Yawata?
We assume that she and Paolo would be part of the evac'd folks because only some of the top brass were still on the station, and they're lower ranking. She'd have been part of evac'ing her engineering types.
---------------------
All my posts are YMMV, IMHO, and welcoming polite discussion, extension, and rebuttal. This is the HonorVerse, after all
Post by Somtaaw   » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:15 am

Somtaaw
Rear Admiral

jchilds wrote:Saint-Just had children - I wonder if they survived?

I'm actually thinking there might be room for some plot later on, consisting of OSJ's children coming back to haunt Theisman for his actions.

"Officially" Theisman had nothing to do with OSJ's unfortunate encounter with a pulser dart, but it's an open-secret that he personally did it. So someday, Theisman's going to meet grown up OSJ spawn who have a bone to pick with daddy's killer...
Post by Somtaaw   » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:27 am

Somtaaw
Rear Admiral

Fox2! wrote:
timmopussycat wrote:

IIRC Paolo had been off-the-ship, I seem to recall a small briefing between Fitzgerald and some other officer about Paolo being 'peeved' about not being aboard when they moved into a slip for the repairs. This was just prior to the Oyster Bay attack, so logically Paolo should be alive, simply because he was ordered to go spend time with family.

On a similar nature, at least so far as Lewis/Wanderman are concerned, I think it was Lewis who came by, was involved in, the one Lieutenant who was bitching about the evacuation (and how it could have been done better), and getting chewed out.

And since they reported together, and both Lewis and Wanderman watch out for each other (from their times on both Wayfarer, and Hexapuma) before reporting for duty about Weyland, and Lewis having survived (probably) then I think as a lower-level Beauty and the Beast pairing, if one has survived then the other should also be alive.

---

Found a snippet off the wiki, right before clicking submit.

in early 1922 PD, after returning to Manticoran space, Paulo was assigned to the fabrication department aboard the space station HMSS Weyland, along with Aubrey Wanderman. He and Wanderman were evacuated along with the station's research staff during an emergency drill, causing them both to survive the destruction of Weyland in Operation Oyster Bay.[2] (HH12)

So both Wanderman and Paolo were in the evacuation, Aikawa Kagiyama (the midshipman who survived the Nasty Kitty due to leave, not Paolo like I think),

By early 1922 PD, she had been promoted to Captain (JG) and was assigned to research and developement division under Admiral Yeager's staff aboard the space station HMSS Weyland. She was absent due to a training exercise when the station was destroyed by the Mesan Alignment Navy's Operation Oyster Bay. (HH12)

And Ginger Lewis survived, because she reported for duty (ground-side I presume), at the exact time of the evacuation exercise which was merely hours before Oyster Bay. while the Admiral (and his aides, which would have had Lewis had she reported early) walked inspection.
Post by munroburton   » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:09 am

munroburton
Admiral

Somtaaw wrote:
jchilds wrote:Saint-Just had children - I wonder if they survived?

I'm actually thinking there might be room for some plot later on, consisting of OSJ's children coming back to haunt Theisman for his actions.

"Officially" Theisman had nothing to do with OSJ's unfortunate encounter with a pulser dart, but it's an open-secret that he personally did it. So someday, Theisman's going to meet grown up OSJ spawn who have a bone to pick with daddy's killer...

Saint-Just's surviving family was probably shipped off to the far side of the Verge, on the other side of the Solarian League. They're the ones more worried about someone wanting to take revenge on Saint-Just, who ran a policy of collective responsibility that included families being shot.

Return to Honorverse