Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 123 guests

A certain RMN Officer...

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: A certain RMN Officer...
Post by timmopussycat   » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:36 pm

timmopussycat
Lieutenant Commander

roseandheather wrote:JChilds made the mistake of (re)introducing me on another thread to one Senator Ninon Bourchier, former Aprilist personally responsible for seven assassinations, one of the first to rally in support of the Theisman Coup after Saint-Just met his timely end, and ultimately high-ranking senator and member of the Constitutional Progressives who was in on the peace talks with Honor Harrington before Oyster Bay kicked the shit out of Manticore and Grayson and prompted my darling's mad midnight dash to the former to heal all of my heartbreak in a single stroke.

So, my kinda gal. :mrgreen:

Now, given that this is me, obviously she is single until explicitly proven otherwise. (Not that that ever stopped me before, mind you. Threesomes are fun!)

Who do we pair her off with?? :twisted:

Oooh, I know.....

ALLEN HIGGINS!!

Nah. . . Henri Kreitzmann. Opposites attract especially where there is communality of interests.
Post by tourist   » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:15 pm

tourist
Lieutenant Commander

SharkHunter wrote:
BrightSoul wrote:Mike Henke is perhaps the easiest to ship. There is only one credible candidate. Steven Westman, hopefully General Steven Westman of the Quadrant Guard, is the perfect foil for the Countess. He's also a wealthy commoner so he fits the constitutional succession requirements should she end up on the throne.
Nah, I'm with rose on this one. Henke and Oversteegen ought to be able to drive each other up a tree and around the command decks (and dare we eventually say, less public spaces) for the foreseeable future, and have fun doing it.

Anyone without at least Oversteegen's willingness to roll up his sleeves and get rollicking would be too boring for Henke. Westman is too ornery -- Michelle would eventually shoot him and dump the body into a nearby star.

She could try...

However, she's too straightforward to shoot him in the back, and ubercowboy wins on a draw
Post by tourist   » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:31 pm

tourist
Lieutenant Commander

JeffEngel wrote:
roseandheather wrote:That's actually one of the reasons I am so in favor of it. Watching Michelle Henke fall in love with someone she's spent most of her life hating?? Gimme.
The "it" there was Henke/Tourville, not Henke/Oversteegen. It's entirely possible she and Oversteegen have a history that already includes nekkid touching - they're certainly familiar.

Why rose wants to inflict Oversteegen on Abigail Hearns is beyond me. I don't know whatever vicious crime Abby's committed off-screen to merit that kind of punishment....

How about shipping Oversteegan and Prichart if you really want to go for the opposites attract/ natural enemies thing. Stuffy Aristo and Gurilla leader champion of freedom, democracy, and all things non-hereditary rule, whose nations have been at war with each other for decades.

Also I still root for Shannon and Scotty. Of course I see this happening as Scotty gets transferred to a new experimental fleet program at Bolthole given his experience with the last one, and after a few too many, he and Shannon wake up in bed together (and possibly married).
Post by Theemile   » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:42 pm

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

tourist wrote:
How about shipping Oversteegan and Prichart if you really want to go for the opposites attract/ natural enemies thing. Stuffy Aristo and Gurilla leader champion of freedom, democracy, and all things non-hereditary rule, whose nations have been at war with each other for decades.

Also I still root for Shannon and Scotty. Of course I see this happening as Scotty gets transferred to a new experimental fleet program at Bolthole given his experience with the last one, and after a few too many, he and Shannon wake up in bed together (and possibly married).

Oversteegen's veneer hides a massive brain, who actively seeks intelligent, opposing viewpoints, so such a hook up wouldn't suprise me.
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Post by roseandheather   » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:46 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

Theemile wrote:
tourist wrote:

Oversteegen's veneer hides a massive brain, who actively seeks intelligent, opposing viewpoints, so such a hook up wouldn't suprise me.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...Now I want to see this and I hate you all.

(Sonja/Shannon until the end of time :twisted: )
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by tourist   » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:11 pm

tourist
Lieutenant Commander

Somtaaw wrote:
SharkHunter wrote:Seriously though, about Abigail...

I'm going to hazard a guess that if she survives the current conflict, she'll marry a Matthews or a Yanakov. Later on "in that generation" one is the high admiral and one is the commandant and head-mistress of the Grayson version of Saganami Island.

I think by this point in time, Grayson is so firmly tied to Manticore, they'd just keep using Manticore's Saganami Island. Especially after Honor started making the Advanced Tactics Course start putting students in the shoes of being in non-Manticoran shoes.

And that the Manticoran BuPers saw those advantages, so we'll likely see Abigail coming in to be the ATC's Commandant, just like Honor.

And also potentially going to start seeing Havenites attending Saganami Island, easy now Rose remember to breathe :lol: *gets a crash cart and stretchers just in case*

The thought of Havenites starting to get that Edward Saganami tradition passed onto them, let alone helping them get a better handle on engineering? That's going to boost Havenite naval efficiency by at least 200-300%

I suspect that you are maligning the Republic's officer corps. Given their constriants, such as the tech imbalance and the fact that there was always someone over your shoulder offering to shoot you if you fail, they did some damn fine work. While Manticore has a long standing solid naval tradition, so does Haven, and the idea of Manticore training Haven's officers is akin to the idea that the US will move its officer training from West Point to Sandhurst.
Post by roseandheather   » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:24 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

tourist wrote:
I suspect that you are maligning the Republic's officer corps. Given their constriants, such as the tech imbalance and the fact that there was always someone over your shoulder offering to shoot you if you fail, they did some damn fine work. While Manticore has a long standing solid naval tradition, so does Haven, and the idea of Manticore training Haven's officers is akin to the idea that the US will move its officer training from West Point to Sandhurst.

*STANDING OVATION*

You, I like.

Agreed. All of this, agreed. It's not going to be Saganami Island that boosts Havenite technical efficiency by orders of magnitude - it'll be the toys the combined genius of my two favorite geek girls comes up with, and it'll have just as much an effect on the erstwhile Manticoran Alliance.

That said, if I don't see Havenites going through the Crusher and RMN/GSN officers going through the Havenite equivalent thereof, I will be more than slightly disappointed.
~*~

Javier & Eloise
Post by tourist   » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:51 pm

tourist
Lieutenant Commander

roseandheather wrote:
tourist wrote:

*STANDING OVATION*

You, I like.

Agreed. All of this, agreed. It's not going to be Saganami Island that boosts Havenite technical efficiency by orders of magnitude - it'll be the toys the combined genius of my two favorite geek girls comes up with, and it'll have just as much an effect on the erstwhile Manticoran Alliance.

That said, if I don't see Havenites going through the Crusher and RMN/GSN officers going through the Havenite equivalent thereof, I will be more than slightly disappointed.

Thank you Rose! :D :oops:

Much as I love adorable geek girl geniuses ;) , I would like to think that the occasional geek guy genius gets to contribute too.

Also, not to rain on your parade or anything, but isn't Sonya closer to Hamish in age (and prolong) than Honor, who is then a good bit older than Shannon? I thought that Sonya was already BuWeps cheif in OBS and got Honor exiled for failing to prove the genious of the weapon which must not be named. If so, going with a a Sonya/Shannon pairing just isn't as much.... fun. :o :? :( Sorry. Now you know why I ship Scotty.
Post by roseandheather   » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:56 am

roseandheather
Admiral

tourist wrote:Thank you Rose! :D :oops:

Much as I love adorable geek girl geniuses ;) , I would like to think that the occasional geek guy genius gets to contribute too.

Also, not to rain on your parade or anything, but isn't Sonya closer to Hamish in age (and prolong) than Honor, who is then a good bit older than Shannon? I thought that Sonya was already BuWeps cheif in OBS and got Honor exiled for failing to prove the genious of the weapon which must not be named. If so, going with a a Sonya/Shannon pairing just isn't as much.... fun. :o :? :( Sorry. Now you know why I ship Scotty.

I could point out that my weakness for geeks falling in love with each other via mutual geekery is equalled only by my weakness for May/December romances, but that would be like pointing at a cloudless noontime sky and saying, "That's blue," so I won't. :D

I could also point out that I've had a massive, epic crush on Sonja Hemphill pretty much since FoD and therefore any Cupid pairing involving her is going to be fun in my book, but as that would be tantamount to pointing at water and saying, "That's wet," I shall refrain. :D

Tongue-in-cheek joking aside, I actually do see the logic of Scotty/Shannon quite easily, and I think if I weren't quite so madly in love with Sonja (and besides, goddammit, I want geeky lesbian space nerdery!), I'd be cheering them on a lot more than I am. Suffice it to say that if he does go the Shannon/Scotty route, I won't exactly be crying myself to sleep in grief, if you know what I mean. (There might be sniffling, though.)

Now, if RFC wants to hook Scotty up with Shannon and deal with Sonja by handing her off to me, I am certainly open to parley. I do hope she'd be willing to share my affections with Eloise, Estelle, Allen, Augustus, Michael, Abigail, Tom, and Michelle, though... ;) :mrgreen:
~*~

Javier & Eloise
Post by Armed Neo-Bob   » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:25 pm

Armed Neo-Bob
Captain of the List

Rose,

Why not hook up Jean-Claude Nesbit with Ninian Bouchier? Seems like they ought to get along. . . . at least, they will after she guts him.

Rob

Return to Honorverse