Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Theemile and 55 guests

Spoilers possible. Really pissing Honor off.

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Spoilers possible. Really pissing Honor off.
Post by pokermind   » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:40 am

pokermind
Fleet Admiral

From Notes from Weber--SPOILER WARNING!!! thread:

About 10 Million Beowulfers are going to die. He originally planned that "Uncle Jacques" would be one of them, but may be back off that, since how much more can you piss Honor off than she already is?

Well in A Rising Thunder we learned one of her surviving uncles was returning to Beowulf, if he gets killed it will be yet another personal hit on Honor.

This might make the Grand Alliance take the gloves off, or if the truth comes out Onion might get Salamandered big time.

Poker
CPO Poker Mind Image and, Mangy Fur the Smart Alick Spacecat.

"Better to be hung for a hexapuma than a housecat," Com. Pang Yau-pau, ART.
Re: Spoilers possible. Really pissing Honor off.
Post by saber964   » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:55 pm

saber964
Admiral

pokermind wrote:From Notes from Weber--SPOILER WARNING!!! thread:

About 10 Million Beowulfers are going to die. He originally planned that "Uncle Jacques" would be one of them, but may be back off that, since how much more can you piss Honor off than she already is?

Well in A Rising Thunder we learned one of her surviving uncles was returning to Beowulf, if he gets killed it will be yet another personal hit on Honor.

This might make the Grand Alliance take the gloves off, or if the truth comes out Onion might get Salamandered big time.

Poker

You must mean Uncle Allen 'Al' Duncan
Post by n7axw   » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:12 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Let's see.. Honor has already lost Tim Meares, Andrew and Miranda LaFolette, most of her aunts, uncles,and cousins in her dad's family, Wesley Matthews, lots of her Harrington Steading people who happened to be working at Blackbird when the strike came in.

She almost lost her mom and her son...

ALL TO THE MALIGN...

Does anyone seriously believe that Honor is not already as thoroughly pissed and motivated to take off the gloves as she needs to be?

Don
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by saber964   » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:07 pm

saber964
Admiral

n7axw wrote:Let's see.. Honor has already lost Tim Meares, Andrew and Miranda LaFolette, most of her aunts, uncles,and cousins in her dad's family, Wesley Matthews, lots of her Harrington Steading people who happened to be working at Blackbird when the strike came in.

ALL TO THE MALIGN...

Does anyone seriously believe that Honor is not already as thoroughly pissed and motivated to take off the gloves as she needs to be?

Don

Personally I would introduce Detwhiler & CO to a member of each treecat clan and place bets on how long each would live.
Post by roseandheather   » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:03 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

saber964 wrote:
n7axw wrote:Let's see.. Honor has already lost Tim Meares, Andrew and Miranda LaFolette, most of her aunts, uncles,and cousins in her dad's family, Wesley Matthews, lots of her Harrington Steading people who happened to be working at Blackbird when the strike came in.

ALL TO THE MALIGN...

Don

Personally I would introduce Detwhiler & CO to a member of each treecat clan and place bets on how long each would live.

What?

No, that's totally not popcorn butter I'm wiping off my chin, why do you ask?

*reaches for another handful*
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by Weird Harold   » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:23 pm

Weird Harold
Fleet Admiral

saber964 wrote:Personally I would introduce Detwhiler & CO to a member of each treecat clan and place bets on how long each would live.

You should probably make sure your bets are in place before introducing the Treecats.
Answers! I got lots of answers!

(Now if I could just find the right questions.)
Post by Greentea   » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:17 pm

Greentea
Commander

Honestly, it is impossible to piss Honor of further. Killing off Jacques (whom we've gotten to know) would serve a similar purpose to the killing of Andrew LaFollet. It added a familiar face and humanized the depth of the loss. I hope Jacques isn't killed, but I understand if RFC chooses to. He may have to in order to get the horror of the death of 10 million people across to readers with the death of a familiar character.

pokermind wrote:From Notes from Weber--SPOILER WARNING!!! thread:

Poker
Cup of tea? Yes, please.
Post by viciokie   » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:05 pm

viciokie
Captain of the List

Just ask native americans about the horrors of millions of people being slaughtered , i am very sure each and every tribe that still is around can tell you horror stories. My own tribe a certain state on the east coast tried their best to exterminate them. The final so called battle killed over 1k men, women and children. Mass slaughter sickens me to no end and i really Hope RFC does not do another slaughter.
Post by n7axw   » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:49 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

viciokie wrote:Just ask native americans about the horrors of millions of people being slaughtered , i am very sure each and every tribe that still is around can tell you horror stories. My own tribe a certain state on the east coast tried their best to exterminate them. The final so called battle killed over 1k men, women and children. Mass slaughter sickens me to no end and i really Hope RFC does not do another slaughter.

Me too. But the confrontation with the Alignment is coming up. So brace yourself for the ride.

Don
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by saber964   » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:55 am

saber964
Admiral

viciokie wrote:Just ask native americans about the horrors of millions of people being slaughtered , i am very sure each and every tribe that still is around can tell you horror stories. My own tribe a certain state on the east coast tried their best to exterminate them. The final so called battle killed over 1k men, women and children. Mass slaughter sickens me to no end and i really Hope RFC does not do another slaughter.

Which tribe, I am part Delaware, Choctaw and Cherokee. Along with the gamut of European ethnicities like Russian, Ukrainian, German, French, Polish, Czech and Scandinavian.

Return to Honorverse