Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 38 guests

New books planned.

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: New books planned.
Post by kzt   » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:20 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

SWM wrote:I disagree. It may be easy to write a book where it is clear what has to happen, but it is NOT easy to write a good book that surprises people when they think they know what has to happen next.

Oh, come on now, doesn't everyone love "The Phantom Menace"? :twisted:
Post by SWM   » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:40 pm

SWM
Fleet Admiral

kzt wrote:
SWM wrote:I disagree. It may be easy to write a book where it is clear what has to happen, but it is NOT easy to write a good book that surprises people when they think they know what has to happen next.

Oh, come on now, doesn't everyone love "The Phantom Menace"? :twisted:

:lol: Cold, man, especially with SW VII coming out. :D
--------------------------------------------
Librarian: The Original Search Engine
Post by ksandgren   » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:12 pm

ksandgren
Captain (Junior Grade)

The mentions near the top of the thread are still the latest that have been revealed, but I need to point out that in terms of books under contract:

The new Norfressa (War God) series was signed on for based on five novels - of which the first is at Baen and scheduled for publication (eARC available). Four are stilled owed.

Safehold book eight of the original contract for eight is submitted and announced as an October release date. Like Honorverse, the series is not done and people want to see it to conclusion, but it is not clear from what has been presented to the forum that more are currently contracted. As with Honorverse, the next one is desired and much of its likely content is understood, but we don't know that there is still a contract to deliver to.

Hells Gate now has found a principle writer and is scheduled for publication Feb 2016 (Yes, MWW has approved the copy submitted).

There has been talk by MWW about the progress of Tim Zahn on the early history stuff in Honorverse and of Bu9 work on the next Honorverse companion. While I'm sure MWW is involved in seeing both are consistant with his universe, it is not clear that he has any commitment to write in Honorverse himself.

MWW has spoken of some of his agreements with Evergreen, but while these are certainly Honorverse efforts, they do not require MWW to write new material.

There has been a lot of talk about how he may approach a new Honorverse book, but we don't know of any under contract. All the maybe in 2016 guesses are only forumite guesses. We don't even have convention statement summaries that hint at when he may actually write in Honorvese again. If its not under contract, and several other works are, he may not write a new Honorverse novel for five years while he clears his contractual docket. I'm as loath to see that be the case as most of you, but we have no evidence otherwise at this time.
Post by Relax   » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:37 pm

Relax
Fleet Admiral

As someone who has tried "working" when a very close loved one is constantly in and out of a hospital, lets just say, one gets less and less effective at "working" the longer the health problem entails. With the ages of DW's children, additional pressure is applied. He is probably putting in very short "work" days with all of his additional responsibilities due to his sick wife.
_________
Tally Ho!
Relax
Post by George J. Smith   » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:11 am

George J. Smith
Commodore

I wondered before if Mr Weber had given any thought as to who would take over from him to write the next arc in the Honorverse, with all the commitments and medical concerns he has I wonder if he ought to think about getting a ghost writer to help out. (Or would reviewing and editing manuscripts take just as long as doing it himself?)
T&R
GJS

A man should live forever, or die in the attempt
Spider Robinson Callahan's Crosstime Saloon (1977) A voice is heard in Ramah
Post by kzt   » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:21 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

George J. Smith wrote:I wondered before if Mr Weber had given any thought as to who would take over from him to write the next arc in the Honorverse, with all the commitments and medical concerns he has I wonder if he ought to think about getting a ghost writer to help out. (Or would reviewing and editing manuscripts take just as long as doing it himself?)

He jokingly said that one of his daughters had that job. I can't remember which.

Return to Honorverse