Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 131 guests

Flag in Exile: 20th Anniversary Leather-Bound Signed Edition

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Flag in Exile: 20th Anniversary Leather-Bound Signed Edition
Post by Industrial Scribe   » Wed May 27, 2015 6:40 am

Industrial Scribe
Ensign

With the latest 20th Anniversary Leather-Bound Signed book "Field of Dishonor" about to ship I was wondering how and when to put my pre-order in for the next book, Flag in Exile.

Any news on when these other following books are going up for printing/publishing as the first 3 were quite quick to come out?
Re: Flag in Exile: 20th Anniversary Leather-Bound Signed Edi
Post by SWM   » Wed May 27, 2015 9:05 am

SWM
Fleet Admiral

Industrial Scribe wrote:With the latest 20th Anniversary Leather-Bound Signed book "Field of Dishonor" about to ship I was wondering how and when to put my pre-order in for the next book, Flag in Exile.

Any news on when these other following books are going up for printing/publishing as the first 3 were quite quick to come out?

I had thought that Baen's plan was to do one a year. But so far, it has been just slightly over one every six months.

I don't think you will be able to put in a pre-order until it shows up on Baen's publication schedule.
--------------------------------------------
Librarian: The Original Search Engine
Post by wastedfly   » Thu May 28, 2015 7:12 pm

wastedfly
Commodore

SWM wrote:
Industrial Scribe wrote:With the latest 20th Anniversary Leather-Bound Signed book "Field of Dishonor" about to ship I was wondering how and when to put my pre-order in for the next book, Flag in Exile.

I had thought that Baen's plan was to do one a year. But so far, it has been just slightly over one every six months.

I don't think you will be able to put in a pre-order until it shows up on Baen's publication schedule.

Seriously, who pays so much for a fiction book??? Apparently people do. :roll: Then again fools pay for "gold" iwatches from apple so...
Post by Direwolf18   » Thu May 28, 2015 10:38 pm

Direwolf18
Captain of the List

wastedfly wrote:
Seriously, who pays so much for a fiction book??? Apparently people do. :roll: Then again fools pay for "gold" iwatches from apple so...

25 dollars for a leatherbound? I'm sorry but that's not that extravagant, I will routinely spend more on that on booze at a bar.

Or are you talking about the books being resold for several hundred. That number only matters if/when it sells. There are books that for thousands of dollars because of their rarity.
Post by dreamrider   » Fri May 29, 2015 3:27 am

dreamrider
Rear Admiral

Direwolf18 wrote:
wastedfly wrote:

25 dollars for a leatherbound? I'm sorry but that's not that extravagant, I will routinely spend more on that on booze at a bar.

Or are you talking about the books being resold for several hundred. That number only matters if/when it sells. There are books that for thousands of dollars because of their rarity.

No, he's just making a semi-snide comment that he doesn't believe that anyone should ever buy a new HB. He wants to imply that the esthetics of owning and reading a hardback should not count for anything against the additional cost in anyone's value system, because owning the hardback is not personally significant to him.

Also, he may be deliberately trolling.
Post by wastedfly   » Fri May 29, 2015 3:59 am

wastedfly
Commodore

dreamrider wrote:
wastedfly wrote:

No, he's just making a semi-snide comment that he doesn't believe that anyone should ever buy a new HB. He wants to imply that the esthetics of owning and reading a hardback should not count for anything against the additional cost in anyone's value system, because owning the hardback is not personally significant to him.

Also, he may be deliberately trolling.

Aw, don't like me poo pooing your vanity books...

Owning a fictional book HB or paper or... when it comes out so you can reread it and discuss with friend when it is an author you enjoy makes sense. 20 years after the fact paying a premium, not for an already released HB, but for a leather bound book that you will never read is just nuts. Kinda like those who buy "toys" and then keep them in their original packaging and never play with them.

Ah, vanity.

Shoulda gone into marketing instead of engineering. make a heck of a lot more money.

Sucker born every second.
Post by Duckk   » Fri May 29, 2015 6:48 am

Duckk
Site Admin

I've made my position about snide remarks very clear in the past, especially to you. Since you choose not to comply, you are no longer welcome on this board.
-------------------------
Shields at 50%, taunting at 100%! - Tom Pope
Post by Greentea   » Fri May 29, 2015 8:01 am

Greentea
Commander

Duckk wrote:I've made my position about snide remarks very clear in the past, especially to you. Since you choose not to comply, you are no longer welcome on this board.

Ouch. I'd call this harsh, but wastedfly was trolling / creating drama in two different threads with snide remarks putting down other forum members.
Cup of tea? Yes, please.
Post by Industrial Scribe   » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:09 pm

Industrial Scribe
Ensign

wastedfly wrote:Seriously, who pays so much for a fiction book??? Apparently people do. :roll: Then again fools pay for "gold" iwatches from apple so...

Is £13 and free shipping really that much ($18-$20) ???

Like many others I pass around my paperbacks and Ebooks and have hardbacks of my "Re-reads" as they last longer.

I could only keep to paperbacks and drink cheap vodka when I sit down for an evening read but I much prefer to sit down with a hardback and a good whisky.

Is that really something to get worked up about someone else doing?
Post by Duckk   » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:27 pm

Duckk
Site Admin

Given that I used the Banhammer, you won't be getting an answer from wastedfly.
-------------------------
Shields at 50%, taunting at 100%! - Tom Pope

Return to Honorverse