Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 165 guests

Next book........

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Next book........
Post by redbaron8   » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:04 am

redbaron8
Midshipman

New guy here. Been reading sci-fi for decades. Stumbled on HH about a year and a half ago. Here's my question.
Is there a book after "Shadow"? Just finished all the books so far, and now that the Alignment has been pegged, where does it go from there? Thanks in advance.
Re: Next book........
Post by Theemile   » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:41 am

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

redbaron8 wrote:New guy here. Been reading sci-fi for decades. Stumbled on HH about a year and a half ago. Here's my question.
Is there a book after "Shadow"? Just finished all the books so far, and now that the Alignment has been pegged, where does it go from there? Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the Bar - Enjoy your favorite (virtual) beverage on us.

The "last" book is currently "Cauldron of Ghosts", which wraps up the "Wages of Sin" sideline. It's end pushes forward the events in the Honorverse about 4-6 weeks past "Storm from the Shadows," though essentially "A Rising Thunder", SFTS, and CoG span roughly the same time period.

We won't be seeing another until 2016. :(
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Post by SWM   » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:35 am

SWM
Fleet Admiral

redbaron8 wrote:New guy here. Been reading sci-fi for decades. Stumbled on HH about a year and a half ago. Here's my question.

Which "Shadow"? There is Shadow of Saganami, Storm from the Shadows, and Shadow of Freedom. If you mean Shadow of Freedom, then Cauldron of Ghosts is the only novel since then set in the Honor Harrington era.

There is an anthology (the sixth) titled Beginnings, with short stories from several time periods (including when Honor's parents met, and how Honor and Nimitz met). Note that Beginnings is not listed in the Bibliography on this website!

There is a novel Call to Duty, set in the Travis Long era (around the time that the wormhole was discovered). There will be further novels about Travis Long.

There is also the first Honorverse Companion, titled House of Steel, which is facts and figures about Manticore, Grayson, and their navies, and includes one short story set somewhat before the Harrington era.

If you are not already aware, the majority opinion is that it is best to read the Honor Harrington books, the Talbott Cluster books, the Torch books, and the anthologies, all intermingled, in publication order. At least for the first time through. The Stephanie Harrington books (three of them) and the Travis Long books (only one so far) can be read separately, nor not, but preferably after the appearances of the main characters in the anthologies.
--------------------------------------------
Librarian: The Original Search Engine
Post by Theemile   » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:50 am

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

SWM wrote:

Which "Shadow"? There is Shadow of Saganami, Storm from the Shadows, and Shadow of Freedom. If you mean Shadow of Freedom, then Cauldron of Ghosts is the only novel since then set in the Honor Harrington era.

There is an anthology (the sixth) titled Beginnings, with short stories from several time periods (including when Honor's parents met, and how Honor and Nimitz met). Note that Beginnings is not listed in the Bibliography on this website!

There is a novel Call to Duty, set in the Travis Long era (around the time that the wormhole was discovered). There will be further novels about Travis Long.

There is also the first Honorverse Companion, titled House of Steel, which is facts and figures about Manticore, Grayson, and their navies, and includes one short story set somewhat before the Harrington era.

If you are not already aware, the majority opinion is that it is best to read the Honor Harrington books, the Talbott Cluster books, the Torch books, and the anthologies, all intermingled, in publication order. At least for the first time through. The Stephanie Harrington books (three of them) and the Travis Long books (only one so far) can be read separately, nor not, but preferably after the appearances of the main characters in the anthologies.

Oh. I did get SftS and SoF swapped didn't I - opps...
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Post by redbaron8   » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:20 pm

redbaron8
Midshipman

If you are not already aware, the majority opinion is that it is best to read the Honor Harrington books, the Talbott Cluster books, the Torch books, and the anthologies, all intermingled, in publication order. At least for the first time through. The Stephanie Harrington books (three of them) and the Travis Long books (only one so far) can be read separately, nor not, but preferably after the appearances of the main characters in the anthologies.[/quote]

Oh. I did get SftS and SoF swapped didn't I - opps...[/quote]

Thanks for the info from all of you.! I like to read serials in the order they were written in order to maintain continuity. I will look for Cauldron tonight, as well as the other books.

Return to Honorverse