Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: penny and 67 guests

Chapters by copy/paste?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Chapters by copy/paste?
Post by JohnRoth   » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:50 pm

JohnRoth
Admiral

crewdude48 wrote:
pinzig wrote:I was using the numbering present in the kindle store for Honor Harrington novels.

So that is Mission of Honor, A Rising Thunder, and Shadow of Freedom? Yah, it happened a couple of times, but I don't think I noticed any copy paste in CoG, and considering that we are getting back to a single storyline, I don't think it will be much of an issue in the future. I do think it was a little jarring, and I kind of wish that RFC [edit to add: RFC, or Runsforcelery is what David Weber post as on this site] had gone back and rewritten them with a different POV, but I would rather have the books with the copy paste rather than not have the book.

Just out of curiosity, did you read the first two Talbott books before SoF? Also, have you read the Torch branch yet? If not, you may want to before the next Honorverse book comes out, because, as I mentioned above, RFC has said that he is going to reintegrate the parallel stories into a single line. I have a full list of all of the books to date (including anthologies and the first compendium) if you want it. For the record I really hate the way the series is recorded both on Amazon and on Wikipedia.

Well, edit Wikipedia then. To get Amazon to fix it, I suspect you'd have to start with Baen. Toni Weiskopf hangs out at Baen's Bar at the Toni's Table forum.
Post by crewdude48   » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:56 pm

crewdude48
Commodore

I have, twice. Other people keep changing it. And what it was changed it to after the first time was even worse.
Post by SWM   » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:12 pm

SWM
Fleet Admiral

chrisd wrote:What and when is the next "Honorverse" book?

We don't know.

Currently David is working on other series. He will not be able to start working on the Honorverse again until at least next year.

Timothy Zahn is reportedly working on the next Manticore Ascendant book, set around the time of the discovery of the Wormhole. BuNine is working on the next Companion, titled House of Lies, which will probably contain a short story. But I assume you are asking about the next novel set in the time of Honor Harrington. That might not show up until 2017, but we won't really know until David starts working on it.
--------------------------------------------
Librarian: The Original Search Engine
Post by Annachie   » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:10 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

The best WAG is 2 years, punlished in 3..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by thinkstoomuch   » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:54 am

thinkstoomuch
Admiral

crewdude48 wrote:I have, twice. Other people keep changing it. And what it was changed it to after the first time was even worse.

Which is why using wiki as a sole reference is really bad. It is a a good starting point and that is about it.

Simpler like an encyclopedia but you get out of any research what you put into it. GIGO comes to mind.

Have fun,
T2M

PS I really don't know about it but Amazon at least seems to go by publication date. Which in my opinion is the best way to read the books. I even set up my audio book play list to go in that order. YMMV
-----------------------
Q: “How can something be worth more than it costs? Isn’t everything ‘worth’ what it costs?”
A: “No. That’s just the price. ...
Christopher Anvil from Top Line in "War Games"

Return to Honorverse