Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 141 guests

Courageous class in HOS

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Courageous class in HOS
Post by BrigadeΔ   » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:24 pm

BrigadeΔ
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

JeffEngel wrote:
BrigadeΔ wrote: I did however think of a reason to possibly put the bridge at the top of the ship at least on dd's anc CL's, it would be a way to limit the angles that it could be shot at from and those ships do not have any armor anyway. Sadly I expect them to cut a lot of characters like armsman candless and probably even Paul Tankerslly.

You know, nothing prevents use of observation platforms actually out on the surface for non-combat stuff. (Or some poor schmuck caught in the wrong place when combat shuts down blast doors....) And with the holographic technology, nothing but the risk of distracting people keeps you from displaying a whole lot of space from the ship's POV in the bridge itself, wherever it's located. I'd think they could preserve more of the book canon (or violate it in milder fashions, anyway) and keep things nifty and visual that way.

Actually they mention observation blisters in several books, usually on heavy cruisers and battlecruisers I can remember it was on the hexapuma with helen and paolo both wandering into it at the same time and another with the comander of the state sec counter invasion force comander watching hyper transit from one it echoes of honor, I always imagined them as armored rooms with gravlensed windows however it would work much better as far as canon goes to make the things on top of ships those instead of the bridge.

Return to Honorverse