Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 14 guests

CLAC's in Home Fleet

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: CLAC's in Home Fleet
Post by stewart   » Mon May 04, 2015 8:49 pm

stewart
Captain of the List

Hutch wrote:"stewart"]My original thoughts on Terekov remaining had more to do with
1) as assigned Senior Officer, he would see the operation thru to completion.
2) one of the reasons for his assignment was his Foreign Office experience. I suspect a foundation for an alliance or perhaps basing agreements (similar to Sidemore).
3) Breaking up the Verge Satrapies into viable, independent systems or clusters is a good goal in it's own right.

-- Stewart

n7axw wrote: If Terekov does stick around Mobius for a while, he can help them pst the initial chaos that revolutions leave in their wake. That would be a worthwhile use of his skill set.

Don

--------------

"stewart wrote:
My thoughts (and I think Mike Henke's) exactly

-- Stewart

I can see both your points, but remember, there are probably a dozen or more systems primed by the MAlignment to go off (we know of at least two others and another one that revolted prematurely), and more that will be set off on their own as word of what is happening in the SL begins to spread (you tink the oligarchs in New Tuscany are a little nervous right now?)

The point is, Therekov and his skills are needed in a lot of places, and Mobious at least has recognized and it appears fairly popular (or they never could have organized a planet-wide attack) leaders of the rebellion to build something around.

Other systems may not be so lucky. And leaving more than 1-2 destroyers, when you may have multiple committments and too few ships (an issue that is only going to get worse out in the Verge), is a luxry you simply cannot afford.

IMHO as always. YMMV.[/quote]

----------------

Scotty and Harkness and the other half of Terehkov's Squadron and 1 or 2 squadrons of DD's are still at Montana with Adm Culbertson and "primed and ready" orders.

If any messengers pass thru on the way to Spindle, they may, like the Modius messenger stop off in Montana, even if just to maintain their cover.
Swallow, Loomis and Seraphim messengers will be met. Either in Montana or Spindle.

-- Stewart
Post by saber964   » Mon May 04, 2015 9:24 pm

saber964
Admiral

stewart wrote: quote="Hutch"]"stewart"]My original thoughts on Terekov remaining had more to do with
2) one of the reasons for his assignment was his Foreign Office experience. I suspect a foundation for an alliance or perhaps basing agreements (similar to Sidemore).
3) Breaking up the Verge Satrapies into viable, independent systems or clusters is a good goal in it's own right.

-- Stewart

n7axw wrote: If Terekov does stick around Mobius for a while, he can help them pst the initial chaos that revolutions leave in their wake. That would be a worthwhile use of his skill set.

Don

--------------

"stewart wrote:

-- Stewart

I can see both your points, but remember, there are probably a dozen or more systems primed by the MAlignment to go off (we know of at least two others and another one that revolted prematurely), and more that will be set off on their own as word of what is happening in the SL begins to spread (you tink the oligarchs in New Tuscany are a little nervous right now?)

The point is, Therekov and his skills are needed in a lot of places, and Mobious at least has recognized and it appears fairly popular (or they never could have organized a planet-wide attack) leaders of the rebellion to build something around.

Other systems may not be so lucky. And leaving more than 1-2 destroyers, when you may have multiple committments and too few ships (an issue that is only going to get worse out in the Verge), is a luxry you simply cannot afford.

IMHO as always. YMMV.[/quote]

----------------

Scotty and Harkness and the other half of Terehkov's Squadron and 1 or 2 squadrons of DD's are still at Montana with Adm Culbertson and "primed and ready" orders.

If any messengers pass thru on the way to Spindle, they may, like the Mobius messenger stop off in Montana, even if just to maintain their cover.
Swallow, Loomis and Seraphim messengers will be met. Either in Montana or Spindle.

-- Stewart[/quote]

IIRC the Loomis Liberation League was wiped out and the messenger with info-chip was gunned down in the capitals sewer with the info-chip sinking into the ooze of the sewer.
Post by n7axw   » Mon May 04, 2015 11:22 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Hutch wrote:
stewart wrote:My original thoughts on Terekov remaining had more to do with

-- Stewart

Don

--------------

"stewart wrote:

-- Stewart

IMHO as always. YMMV.

Hi Hutch,

I couldn't agree more whole heartedly with your basic point. That being said, however, Mobius is the situation that has turned critical now and Terekov is Johnny on the spot juggling the hot potato. I think that over the intermediate to long term, the GA is going to need specialized teams to handle these sorts of situations.

And quite frankly my own pov is that the GA needs a lot more light combatants to look after its interests in the Verge.

Don
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.

Return to Honorverse