Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Galactic Sapper, Google [Bot], Joat42 and 14 guests

The Battle of Darius - What would you say?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: The Battle of Darius - What would you say?
Post by Henry Brown   » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:30 am

Henry Brown
Commodore

Posts: 890
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:57 pm
Location: Greenville NC

I'm your huckleberry.
Top
Re: The Battle of Darius - What would you say?
Post by George J. Smith   » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:05 am

George J. Smith
Commodore

Posts: 768
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:48 am
Location: Ross-on-Wye UK

cthia wrote:
My Romanian friends, mostly doctors and surgeons, discussed long ago that in the Honorverse, certainly the Malign, may have found out the defunct use of the gall bladder, the appendix and sinuses, all which are commonly removed in humans because they seem to serve no purpose, and put them to use. Reactivated them to serve the purpose they were meant to serve but are currently no longer needed because of whatever reason. We can speculate...


  • Man crawled out of the water.
  • The earth was once worse than Grayson.

At any rate, the Malign seem to have some auxiliary parts to work with. Already built-in and unseen for what they are.

Wow, internal stealthy organs hiding in plain sight. LOL



Reminds me of a recent article on the BBC news site, researches found that nomads in the East Indies who rely on free diving to harvest from deep water, have developed a larger spleen which gives them a larger oxygen reserve
.
T&R
GJS

A man should live forever, or die in the attempt
Spider Robinson Callahan's Crosstime Saloon (1977) A voice is heard in Ramah
Top
Re: The Battle of Darius - What would you say?
Post by SYED   » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:31 pm

SYED
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1340
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:03 pm

Could the alignment sustain a relationship with Darius if they say loose Felix to the alliance? The distances involved would limit secrecy and viability. Sure it would be an asset but in a different form.
Top
Re: The Battle of Darius - What would you say?
Post by JohnRoth   » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:01 pm

JohnRoth
Admiral

Posts: 2385
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:54 am
Location: Albuquerque, NM, USA

SYED wrote:Could the alignment sustain a relationship with Darius if they say loose Felix to the alliance? The distances involved would limit secrecy and viability. Sure it would be an asset but in a different form.


The Mesan part of the Mesan Alliance has no need to talk to Darius, while the MAlign (the Onion) is located on Darius.

Losing the Felix junction would certainly affect coordination. However, I recently heard one of General (and President) Eisenhower's aphorisms: "What is urgent is seldom important, what is important is seldom urgent."

Once the Detweiler kids get over their emotional snit fit, they're going to be going back into long-term mode.
Top
Re: The Battle of Darius - What would you say?
Post by SYED   » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:59 am

SYED
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1340
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:03 pm

While we know Mesa had a joke of a fleet, we assume the world's of the alignment have built up each their own superior SDF. The Malignment had all kinds of access in the league navy, I wonder if they used the contacts and assets to funnel supplies, tech, access and ships to their world's. Such an effort could be revealed, due to the exposure of the Naval assets being taken in.
Top
Re: The Battle of Darius - What would you say?
Post by Annachie   » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:07 am

Annachie
Admiral

Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:36 pm

Here's an idea.

A public campaign to locate the wormhole that leads towards the MAligns home planet.

You literally ask everybody does the <insert whj here> lead to the MAlign's new base of operations.

Keep asking, using different whj's until you run out or they fall over dead.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Top
Re: The Battle of Darius - What would you say?
Post by JohnRoth   » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:07 am

JohnRoth
Admiral

Posts: 2385
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:54 am
Location: Albuquerque, NM, USA

Annachie wrote:Here's an idea.

A public campaign to locate the wormhole that leads towards the MAligns home planet.

You literally ask everybody does the <insert whj here> lead to the MAlign's new base of operations.

Keep asking, using different whj's until you run out or they fall over dead.


Is there any in-universe evidence that there is a wormhole leading to the MAlign's hideout planet?
Top
Re: The Battle of Darius - What would you say?
Post by Loren Pechtel   » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:57 pm

Loren Pechtel
Captain of the List

Posts: 594
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:24 pm

Annachie wrote:Here's an idea.

A public campaign to locate the wormhole that leads towards the MAligns home planet.

You literally ask everybody does the <insert whj here> lead to the MAlign's new base of operations.

Keep asking, using different whj's until you run out or they fall over dead.


Yeah, the MAlign really set up an Achilles heel with their suicide protocol. Of course they can send out new agents but all their old ones are pretty easy to remove at this point. Even once the MAlign figures out what's going on the only way they can save their people is to extract them.

What happens when the BSC with treecat assistance starts checking all the freighters that could have delivered the bombs? Those computer cores should be very interesting indeed...
Top
Re: The Battle of Darius - What would you say?
Post by pappilon   » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:00 pm

pappilon
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1074
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:29 pm

SYED wrote:While we know Mesa had a joke of a fleet, we assume the world's of the alignment have built up each their own superior SDF. The Malignment had all kinds of access in the league navy, I wonder if they used the contacts and assets to funnel supplies, tech, access and ships to their world's. Such an effort could be revealed, due to the exposure of the Naval assets being taken in.


Textev says that Mannerheim hasthe strongest SDF of theRenaissance Factor (MAlign) worlds. They are the ones at the other end of the Torch WHJ that scragged the wormhole expedition.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The imagination has to be trained into foresight and empathy.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Top
Re: The Battle of Darius - What would you say?
Post by pappilon   » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:05 pm

pappilon
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1074
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:29 pm

Annachie wrote:Here's an idea.

A public campaign to locate the wormhole that leads towards the MAligns home planet.

You literally ask everybody does the <insert whj here> lead to the MAlign's new base of operations.

Keep asking, using different whj's until you run out or they fall over dead.


Already SOP for the RMMM. Most of the captains and engineers are RMN reservists. Just tell them what you're looking for.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The imagination has to be trained into foresight and empathy.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Top

Return to Honorverse