Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 168 guests

The Battle of Darius - What would you say?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: The Battle of Darius - What would you say?
Post by Rakhmamort   » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:32 am

Rakhmamort
Captain (Junior Grade)

Uhmmm... Better if the location of Darius is given to Congo/Ballroom then hand to them those captured Solly SDs which they can use as relativistic weapons against the MA home planet.

No need for humans to be on-board to send any messages. Just a programmed broadcast transmission saying "Express Delivery from the rest of the Galaxy" a minute or two before impact.
Post by Hutch   » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:12 am

Hutch
Vice Admiral

Rakhmamort wrote:Uhmmm... Better if the location of Darius is given to Congo/Ballroom then hand to them those captured Solly SDs which they can use as relativistic weapons against the MA home planet.

No need for humans to be on-board to send any messages. Just a programmed broadcast transmission saying "Express Delivery from the rest of the Galaxy" a minute or two before impact.

And have Torch kill several billion slaves in a massive Erandi violation?

I think not.
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Post by cthia   » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:26 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Hutch wrote:
Rakhmamort wrote:Uhmmm... Better if the location of Darius is given to Congo/Ballroom then hand to them those captured Solly SDs which they can use as relativistic weapons against the MA home planet.

I think not.

Oh he doesn't really want to violate Eridani. He wants to violate Mesans. Regarding Darius, I suffer from that malady too. It's called "blind rage."

Aside:
Should the denizens of Darius be called Mesans or Darisians, or something other?

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Dauntless   » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:29 am

Dauntless
Rear Admiral

just call them targets.
Post by Rakhmamort   » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:44 am

Rakhmamort
Captain (Junior Grade)

Hutch wrote:

I think not.

Better to end things quickly. Keeping the inhabitants alive would mean keeping the leaders and members of the MA alive, each and everyone which think they have the right to be masters of the human race. With these kinds of people, it is best to kill them all with prejudice so nobody else will try the same stunt.
Post by SWM   » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:07 pm

SWM
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:
Hutch wrote:And have Torch kill several billion slaves in a massive Erandi violation?

I think not.

Oh he doesn't really want to violate Eridani. He wants to violate Mesans. Regarding Darius, I suffer from that malady too. It's called "blind rage."

Aside:
Should the denizens of Darius be called Mesans or Darisians, or something other?

But the residents of Darius are not Mesans--they are mostly genetic slaves, born and bred on Darius. Darius is all they know.
--------------------------------------------
Librarian: The Original Search Engine
Post by Fox2!   » Sun May 03, 2015 9:31 pm

Fox2!
Commodore

My name is Honor Alexander-Harrington. You killed my family. Prepare to die.

Apologies if it has already been used.
Post by cthia   » Sun May 03, 2015 9:40 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:
Hutch wrote:And have Torch kill several billion slaves in a massive Erandi violation?

I think not.

Aside:

SWM wrote:But the residents of Darius are not Mesans--they are mostly genetic slaves, born and bred on Darius. Darius is all they know.

Which is why I'd like to know what the hell to call them. Besides, well... hell.

I hope we can soon call the slaves, free!

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by stewart   » Sun May 03, 2015 11:02 pm

stewart
Captain of the List

cthia wrote:"Hutch"]"Rakhmamort"]
Uhmmm... Better if the location of Darius is given to Congo/Ballroom then hand to them those captured Solly SDs which they can use as relativistic weapons against the MA home planet.

I think not.[/quote]

Aside:
Should the denizens of Darius be called Mesans or Darisians, or something other?[/quote]

---------------

To quote a sign in a Sean Connery James Bond Movie "Trespassers will be Violated"

-- Stewart
Post by stewart   » Sun May 03, 2015 11:05 pm

stewart
Captain of the List

Fox2! wrote:My name is Honor Alexander-Harrington. You killed my family. Prepare to die.

Apologies if it has already been used.

--------

Only in "The Princess Bride"

-- Stewart

Return to Honorverse