Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: penny and 116 guests

The Battle of Darius - What would you say?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: The Battle of Darius - What would you say?
Post by cthia   » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:11 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

SWM wrote:How about channeling Delenn from Babylon 5? :D

"Only one navy has ever defeated the Manticoran Navy in battle. They are behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else!"

I wasn't such a huge fan of Babylon 5, but my brothers and sisters thought it the cat's meow.

From references on this forum alone, I've stated that it seems I've cheated myself.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Thunder Child Actual   » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:40 am

Thunder Child Actual
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

If you are going for a Babylon 5 vibe I would go with Ivanova’s speech to the Shadow Tech refitted Earthforce Ships.

“Who am I? I am Honor Stephanie Alexander-Harrington. Daughter of Alfred and Allison Harrington. I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is going to grind your plans and dreams into dust! I am death incarnate, and the last living thing that you will ever see. God sent me.”
Post by cthia   » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:57 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

All of that intelligence yet you never understood...

'You can run, but you can't hide.'

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by saber964   » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:32 pm

saber964
Admiral

Bleek!! followed by a canvas shredding sound
Post by phillies   » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:58 pm

phillies
Admiral

cthia wrote:Just before entering the system, Honor has a talk with Abigail Hearns. Miss Hearns has had a calming effect on Honor, she has served to soothe her pent up anger.

Abigail lectures to Honor, in a reversed role...

"Remember the Doctrine of the Test Honor. Or, put in the words of your own religion...
◄ Ecclesiastes 3 ►

A Time for Everything

1There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven—
2A time to give birth and a time to die;
A time to plant and a time to uproot what is planted.

3A time to kill and a time to heal;
A time to tear down and a time to build up.

4A time to weep and a time to laugh;
A time to mourn and a time to dance.

5A time to throw stones and a time to gather stones;
A time to embrace and a time to shun embracing.

6A time to search and a time to give up as lost;
A time to keep and a time to throw away.

7A time to tear apart and a time to sew together;
A time to be silent and a time to speak.

8A time to love and a time to hate;
A time for war and a time for peace.

9What profit is there to the worker from that in which he toils? 10I have seen the task which God has given the sons of men with which to occupy themselves.

"Honor, guess what time it is."

"Target Foracker supernova induction ray. Fire Foracker supernova induction ray."
Post by Mitchell, Esq.   » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:00 pm

Mitchell, Esq.
Commodore

"You've got mail" - Me.
Post by cthia   » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:43 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:Just before entering the system, Honor has a talk with Abigail Hearns. Miss Hearns has had a calming effect on Honor, she has served to soothe her pent up anger.

Abigail lectures to Honor, in a reversed role...

"Remember the Doctrine of the Test Honor. Or, put in the words of your own religion...
◄ Ecclesiastes 3 ►

A Time for Everything

1There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven—
2A time to give birth and a time to die;
A time to plant and a time to uproot what is planted.

3A time to kill and a time to heal;
A time to tear down and a time to build up.

4A time to weep and a time to laugh;
A time to mourn and a time to dance.

5A time to throw stones and a time to gather stones;
A time to embrace and a time to shun embracing.

6A time to search and a time to give up as lost;
A time to keep and a time to throw away.

7A time to tear apart and a time to sew together;
A time to be silent and a time to speak.

8A time to love and a time to hate;
A time for war and a time for peace.

9What profit is there to the worker from that in which he toils? 10I have seen the task which God has given the sons of men with which to occupy themselves.

"Honor, guess what time it is."

phillies wrote:"Target Foracker supernova induction ray. Fire Foracker supernova induction ray."

Funny phillies.

If we psychoanalyze this, we'd realize the ever present undertone of everyone's desire, wish, bet, and perception of something this way a-coming from the formidable S&S dreamteam out at Bolthole.

RFC, we need all of the Mad Wizard's powers to deliver the goods on this one.

An eye of Newt, a toe of frog. Whatever you need to meet our expectations coming out of Bolthole.

Post by Roguevictory   » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:04 pm

Roguevictory
Captain of the List

cthia wrote:
SWM wrote:How about channeling Delenn from Babylon 5? :D

"Only one navy has ever defeated the Manticoran Navy in battle. They are behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else!"

I wasn't such a huge fan of Babylon 5, but my brothers and sisters thought it the cat's meow.

From references on this forum alone, I've stated that it seems I've cheated myself.

B5 had some incredible one liners and short speeches. My favorite though is the speech you see Sheridan rehearsing in the season 2 finale that he never gives. He's being force to apologize for destroying a ship that attacked the station which belonged to a government Earth was negotiating an appeasement deal with.

" I apologize. I'm…sorry.

I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unprovoked attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell!

As with everything else, it's the thought that counts."

That speech pretty much sealed his place as my favorite onscreen starship captain.
Post by BobG   » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:33 pm

BobG
Captain (Junior Grade)

cthia wrote:I wasn't such a huge fan of Babylon 5, but my brothers and sisters thought it the cat's meow.

IMHO, Babylon 5 (the first 4 seasons, anyway) was the best SF drama on the small screen. It's been a while since I watched it. I guess I'll have to pull out the DVDs and watch it again.

Susan Ivanova: Lennier, get us the hell out of here!

Lennier: Initiating "getting the hell out of here" maneuver.

And Walter Koenig in one of the creepest roles ever.

-- Bob G
SF & Fantasy: The only things better than Chocolate.
Post by RogueWarrior   » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:22 pm

RogueWarrior
Ensign

Remember, Detweiler, when I said I will kill you last?
Ye ee eess?!

I lied.

Return to Honorverse