Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 148 guests

The Battle of Darius - What would you say?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: The Battle of Darius - What would you say?
Post by SWM   » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:30 pm

SWM
Fleet Admiral

Avast, ye mateys!
--------------------------------------------
Librarian: The Original Search Engine
Post by JohnRoth   » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:47 pm

JohnRoth
Admiral

I'm with Andy33 and Hutch. This is another Mesa, on steroids. Everyone on the planet except the inner core of the Onion thinks they're playing defense against an outer universe that's out to get them.

When the outer universe comes calling, what is the moral thing to do in that situation?
Post by roseandheather   » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:08 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

JohnRoth wrote:I'm with Andy33 and Hutch. This is another Mesa, on steroids. Everyone on the planet except the inner core of the Onion thinks they're playing defense against an outer universe that's out to get them.

When the outer universe comes calling, what is the moral thing to do in that situation?

Find the sharpest, thinnest sword in your arsenal, slide it between the Onion's ribs, and laugh while the heart of the Onion lies bleeding at your feet and begging for mercy?

Or maybe that's just my secret evil side.
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by stewart   » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:36 pm

stewart
Captain of the List

Daryl wrote:"Good Morning. I am Alliance Grand Fleet Commander Admiral Honor Harrington. We are here to make the universe a better place by destroying your military capability. Our intention is to uphold civilized rules of engagement, so we therefore insist that you surrender immediately to ensure no lives are lost unnecessarily."

"Oops, who pressed that button?"

Long pause ****

"Must have been the same person who pressed Filarta's button?"

"Oh well, that certainly simplifies things".

---------------

either that or
"Shannon !! That was supposed to be later !!"

-- Stewart
Post by Eagleeye   » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:15 am

Eagleeye
Commodore

I think, she should copy and adapt a quote from Terekhov:

"Why is it, Mister Detweiler, that people like you always think you are more ruthless than people like me?"

Or, more suitable in my eyes, Queen Berry should say that, preferably from one of the Torch frigates, which serves at this time as the "political flagship" of the GA fleet.
Post by Roguevictory   » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:37 am

Roguevictory
Captain of the List

Honor would ever burn the planet to the ground though she'll want too. She's too good a strategist to not see the negative impact such an action would have on the GA's reputation in neutral systems.
Post by SharkHunter   » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:36 am

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

"You have two options. First option: Drop all of your wedges and put those responsible for the Yawata Strike in an unarmed ship outside of energy fire or missile range. Then abandon your ships to the planet below. If I am satisfied with your documentation that all of the perpetrators are aboard that ship, I will land Marines and the Guard to begin the process of integrating your planet into the outside universe. Option 2: I blow all of your ships to kingdom come, take the planetary orbitals, and find the perps with my treecat and Torchese friends. Keep in mind, I have no preferred option. Your ships have thirty seconds to decide before I start demonstrating option 2."

I'm not quite sure what she does with the perps in either oprtion, but it'll likely be something the 'cats find satisfactory and permanent.
---------------------
All my posts are YMMV, IMHO, and welcoming polite discussion, extension, and rebuttal. This is the HonorVerse, after all
Post by cthia   » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:33 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Just before entering the system, Honor has a talk with Abigail Hearns. Miss Hearns has had a calming effect on Honor, she has served to soothe her pent up anger.

Abigail lectures to Honor, in a reversed role...

"Remember the Doctrine of the Test Honor. Or, put in the words of your own religion...
◄ Ecclesiastes 3 ►

A Time for Everything

1There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven—
2A time to give birth and a time to die;
A time to plant and a time to uproot what is planted.

3A time to kill and a time to heal;
A time to tear down and a time to build up.

4A time to weep and a time to laugh;
A time to mourn and a time to dance.

5A time to throw stones and a time to gather stones;
A time to embrace and a time to shun embracing.

6A time to search and a time to give up as lost;
A time to keep and a time to throw away.

7A time to tear apart and a time to sew together;
A time to be silent and a time to speak.

8A time to love and a time to hate;
A time for war and a time for peace.

9What profit is there to the worker from that in which he toils? 10I have seen the task which God has given the sons of men with which to occupy themselves.

"Honor, guess what time it is."

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by John Prigent   » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:56 am

John Prigent
Captain of the List

I'mnot sure what happened there - I only pressed 'post' once :oops: .
Cheers
John

John Prigent wrote:Perhaps including the immortal phrase 'do you feel lucky?' or even 'go ahead, make my day'?
Cheers
John

jchilds wrote:Not sure on the exact wording, but I'd probably make sure it was from the flag deck of a Beowulfan ship and that any words for posterity made sure to mention that the MAlign, as Beowulf's rabid dog, was being put down by Beowulf and her like-minded allies for as many violations of Beowulfan laws and Code as could be made to stick. But I can be a little petty on occasion.
Post by SWM   » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:01 am

SWM
Fleet Admiral

How about channeling Delenn from Babylon 5? :D

"Only one navy has ever defeated the Manticoran Navy in battle. They are behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else!"
--------------------------------------------
Librarian: The Original Search Engine

Return to Honorverse