Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 131 guests

The Battle of Darius - What would you say?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: The Battle of Darius - What would you say?
Post by Valen123456   » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:56 pm

Valen123456
Lieutenant Commander

Brigade XO wrote:What do you do with 2 BILLION Alpha, Beta, and Gamma line people on Darius who fully believe in the Alighment? The 1.3 Billion genetic slaves are also a problem in that they also fully believe in that same view of the universe and have for centuries.

Something of the same situation exists on Safehold, where the % of people who know anything about happened anywhere and anywhere else is increadably tiny and there are going to be major problems getting people on the ground to accept that reality is something different than they have been living for generations.

I would also wonder what the Lenney Dets and the "other" things that have been very briefly mentioned in the books are going to turn out to be and be capable of. I can see Albrect- shorlty before he ceases to exist- sending out forces of Lenny Dets to devastate various primary systems that have now been arrayed against the Alignment in a plan to let the Alignment to rise from a crushing defeat though Alpha line agents still in place throughout the known universe. Could be good for 30 or 40 more books :)

My own personal little form of hell for the Mesan Alignments various members is to maroon them with nothing but the clothes on their backs and a years supply of food on an pristine and undeveloped world with absolutely no forms of technology or tools (even a knife or hammer). Then just sit back and leave them to act exactly as humans will do, and give them the chance to prove to all the others watching them just how a new human civilization would behave when comprised of genetically enhanced supermen.

This will NOT happen since the GA will mostly want to have the Alignment tried and convicted in proper legal proceedings. How willing the Alignments various members will be willing to submit to that (and how loyal many will ultimately prove to the Deitweilers cause) remains to be seen.

Take Aldonna Amisinov who is one of the few non-Deitweiler inner Onion members we really know. If given the choice between dying for the cause, and living a relatively comfortable if closely monitored life in custody for giving the Alignment up, which one do you think she will take? Most of the Onions inner members are likely to be strangers to discomfort or not being in positions of power or survival, and i suspect that when put under some real penalties and life-or-death struggle, most will crack far more readily than the Alignment really believes. (That is more my opinion though).
Post by stewart   » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:57 pm

stewart
Captain of the List

Valen123456 wrote:"Brigade XO"]

What do you do with 2 BILLION Alpha, Beta, and Gamma line people on Darius who fully believe in the Alighment? The 1.3 Billion genetic slaves are also a problem in that they also fully believe in that same view of the universe and have for centuries.

Something of the same situation exists on Safehold, where the % of people who know anything about happened anywhere and anywhere else is increadably tiny and there are going to be major problems getting people on the ground to accept that reality is something different than they have been living for generations.

I would also wonder what the Lenney Dets and the "other" things that have been very briefly mentioned in the books are going to turn out to be and be capable of. I can see Albrect- shorlty before he ceases to exist- sending out forces of Lenny Dets to devastate various primary systems that have now been arrayed against the Alignment in a plan to let the Alignment to rise from a crushing defeat though Alpha line agents still in place throughout the known universe. Could be good for 30 or 40 more books :)

My own personal little form of hell for the Mesan Alignments various members is to maroon them with nothing but the clothes on their backs and a years supply of food on an pristine and undeveloped world with absolutely no forms of technology or tools (even a knife or hammer).

-----------

Valen --

Have a little mercy -- at least give them the manuals on how to build a steam engine or distillation plant. They would still have to make the stone hammers and flint knives themselves.

-- Stewart
Post by Kytheros   » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:36 pm

Kytheros
Rear Admiral

As far as the one-liners are concerned:
"You have done unto others for centuries, now it is time for others to do unto you."
Post by cthia   » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:06 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

We're gonna make it rain 'cats and guerillas.

(Tone: matter-of-factly.)

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:08 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Knock knock!

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:12 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Missiles in your rear view mirror may not appear as close as they are.

Post by markm57   » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:39 pm

markm57
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Well, in the sense of having the series come full circle- I'd hope that somehow there's a SD(P) named Fearless in the armada at Darius.

As far as what I'd love to hear- it's the same line but could be delivered by at least two people in two scenarios at Daruis-

Honor to Detweiler, who's attempting to surrender on his terms- "Mr. Detweiler, you have no honor."

Or, delivered by TOm Theisman to Detweiler, while his flagship float through the remains of the Alignment fleet "Mr Detweiler, the Alignment had a lot of things , except the most important one, honor."
Post by Daryl   » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:51 pm

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Kytheros wrote:As far as the one-liners are concerned:
"You have done unto others for centuries, now it is time for others to do unto you."

Or - For what you are about to receive may you be truly thankful.
Post by Meshakhad   » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:30 pm

Meshakhad
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

"We, the Nations of the Grand Alliance, demand the surrender of the Mesan Alignment to stand trial for the following crimes:

The deaths of five million Manticoran citizens in the Yawata Strike...

[two days later]

...and funding the pirates responsible for the destructon of HMS Nike and the death of all her crew, including Commodore Sir Edward Saganami on August 11, 1672 PD.

The tradition lives, bitches."

Alternatively, just transmit the war-cries of a thousand treecats.
Post by cthia   » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:28 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Missiles off! You should have just enough time for a last cigarette.

Puff puff pass.

Return to Honorverse