Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 33 guests

The Battle of Darius - What would you say?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
The Battle of Darius - What would you say?
Post by Valen123456   » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:52 pm

Valen123456
Lieutenant Commander

Imagine this scenario.

Darius, the effective secret capital of the Mesan Alignment, is quietly going about its business, ships are under construction, science is being done, plans are being made, and the Alignment builds its strength for the coming conquest.

Then a massive hyper-footprint lights up the system, a huge fleet has dropped in out of no-where. They are accelerating far to fast to be anyone but the Alignments most hated and feared opponents. They (through some probably unlikely circumstances and a lot of narrative causality) have found their opponents secret refuge.

Only a single message from the fleets vengeful commander ("the handmaiden of death" herself) is transmitted before the firestorm hits.

What, in those circumstances, would you say if you were the one who sent the message?

Here is my statement:

"Yawata Crossing : And No Quarter!"
Re: The Battle of Darius - What would you say?
Post by saber964   » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:21 pm

saber964
Admiral

Valen123456 wrote:Imagine this scenario.

Darius, the effective secret capital of the Mesan Alignment, is quietly going about its business, ships are under construction, science is being done, plans are being made, and the Alignment builds its strength for the coming conquest.

Then a massive hyper-footprint lights up the system, a huge fleet has dropped in out of no-where. They are accelerating far to fast to be anyone but the Alignments most hated and feared opponents. They (through some probably unlikely circumstances and a lot of narrative causality) have found their opponents secret refuge.

Only a single message from the fleets vengeful commander ("the handmaiden of death" herself) is transmitted before the firestorm hits.

What, in those circumstances, would you say if you were the one who sent the message?

Here is my statement:

How about.
Remember the Black Rock
Post by BrigadeΔ   » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:34 pm

BrigadeΔ
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Is there anything wrong with the classic; Shall we dance?
Post by roseandheather   » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:35 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

Here is my statement:

...how has nobody taken the obvious reference yet?

"Hello. My name is Honor Harrington. You killed my family. And a clan of treecats. And a whole lot of other people I loved. Prepare to die."
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by Greentea   » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:36 pm

Greentea
Commander

Actually, I doubt it would be Yawata Crrossing and No Quarter. That gets into a war crimes area because surrenders will not be accepted. It would more likely be
Yawata Crossing ... and No Mercy
. A surrender will be accepted under those conditions, but they intend to destroy everyone unless they surrender.

Here is my statement:

Cup of tea? Yes, please.
Post by BrigadeΔ   » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:39 pm

BrigadeΔ
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

roseandheather wrote:
...how has nobody taken the obvious reference yet?

"Hello. My name is Honor Harrington. You killed my family. And a clan of treecats. And a whole lot of other people I loved. Prepare to die."

I think that one is better though maybe have her holding Andrew LaFollet's colonel's insignia at the time
Post by Brigade XO   » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:22 pm

Brigade XO
Fleet Admiral

There is the old "kill them all and let God sort them out".

If Masada is still a seriously bad swamp of a place full of politics, religion and general BIG PROBLEMS, Darius is full of self-created and More-Than-Humans "supermen". No shortage of megalomania filled Star Line clones and their manufactured servants. Much BIGGER PROBLEMS. Will guarantee that you give the Alpha and other Star Lines the opportunity to keep power and they come back at you in the future. Their technologies are not going to just go away if you let them keep any of it and the levels they now have to rebuild and advance all of that.

Fire Plan Lucifer would be the burning of everything in the system including the inhabited planet.
Probably too simple. Would earn some very harsh words from a lot of people. How do you make a billion or so people have a McBride moment?
Post by cthia   » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:18 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

"Attention. My name is Honor Harrington and I am honored," a pause and a cold smile, "to be the Commanding Officer of the Grand Alliance. I am here to carry out Operation Raging Justice. After all, turnabout is fair play."

A pregnant pause to let the irony set in.

"You have reeked havoc and released hell in several star systems and now that hell has come home to roost.

Death, becomes you."

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:48 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Regardless of what you may think, we are not here for revenge. Vengeance belongs to Tester.

We are here, to ensure you keep your appointment.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:09 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

"Greetings. I am Honor Harrington speaking to you from my flagship, the GA-Grim Reaper, the brainchild of two very scorned women. A message from our leaders..."

'You have chosen to severely modify your genetic code. We're here to severely mollify ours.

You reap what you sow.'

"All ships, execute!"

Return to Honorverse