Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: George J. Smith, Google [Bot] and 38 guests

OpForce against OpForce

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: OpForce against OpForce
Post by cthia   » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:00 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

roseandheather wrote:
niethil wrote:Who's gonna be in charge of the cheerleading squad ?

DIBS ON TOURVILLE!

(Sorry, Honor. But... priorities. I have them. :mrgreen: Now if it was Allen Higgins in the sims...)

Somehow, I don't think Honor's going to be lacking in the cheerleader department.

There'll be an entire team of them on the sidelines using their limbs and jumping around just like regular cheerleaders and using their hands and arms to communicate, just like regular cheerleaders...

<Gimme an H-O-N-O-R. What do you got? HONOR!>

<Bleek bleek bleek>

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:31 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Blame it on the a, a a a, a alcohol. :lol:

Now these old friends sitting around the fire has one more Tilman more than one more Tilman too many. Now Harkness, Shannon, Anton and Helen is claiming "top computer hacker" status and are going to each connect to a network and try to out hack the other.

Even Honor has sobered on this one. :o

The pot is huge and the chance to get rich hangs in the air. If you correctly bet your chips! :lol:

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by SharkHunter   » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:23 pm

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

cthia wrote:Blame it on the a, a a a, a alcohol. :lol:

Now these old friends sitting around the fire has one more Tilman more than one more Tilman too many. Now Harkness, Shannon, Anton and Helen is claiming "top computer hacker" status and are going to each connect to a network and try to out hack the other.

The pot is huge and the chance to get rich hangs in the air. If you correctly bet your chips! :lol:
Oh boy. You be in trouble now. B I G trouble. House of Winton trouble. Friend of Thandi trouble.

You forgot Ruth.
---------------------
All my posts are YMMV, IMHO, and welcoming polite discussion, extension, and rebuttal. This is the HonorVerse, after all
Post by Tom   » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:53 pm

Tom
Ensign

SharkHunter wrote:

Oh boy. You be in trouble now. B I G trouble. House of Winton trouble. Friend of Thandi trouble.

You forgot Ruth.

I think Helen was inserted in Ruth's place. The younger Zilwicki has never shown any sort of interest in hacking.

Now, personally, my money is on the competition ending after they accidentally ferret out a copy of the North Hollow Files that no one but the original Earl knew about and accidentally dump it to the 'Net.
Post by cthia   » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:25 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

SharkHunter wrote:

You forgot Ruth.

Tom wrote:I think Helen was inserted in Ruth's place. The younger Zilwicki has never shown any sort of interest in hacking.

Now, personally, my money is on the competition ending after they accidentally ferret out a copy of the North Hollow Files that no one but the original Earl knew about and accidentally dump it to the 'Net.

Tom is correct. I erroneously substituted Helen for Ruth.

Apologies.

Post by SharkHunter   » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:30 pm

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

--snipping--
SharkHunter wrote: Oh boy. You be in trouble now. B I G trouble. House of Winton trouble. Friend of Thandi trouble.

You forgot Ruth.

Tom wrote:I think Helen was inserted in Ruth's place. The younger Zilwicki has never shown any sort of interest in hacking.

cthia wrote:Tom is correct. I erroneously substituted Helen for Ruth... Apologies.
Well of course, being the magnanimous soul that I am, I forgive you. And Ruth being a congenial soul, will prolly do likewise.

Just don't accept her offer to upgrade your 'puter for free afterwards... ;)
---------------------
All my posts are YMMV, IMHO, and welcoming polite discussion, extension, and rebuttal. This is the HonorVerse, after all
Post by timmopussycat   » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:03 am

timmopussycat
Lieutenant Commander

[quote="cthia"]Remember street basketball with eveyone standing around and two people begin to pick sides? I know it's been a while, but a Vulcan places two fingers on your forehead and says "remember."

All officers are standing around in peace time talking about the good old days. Someone decides on a friendly game of five on five. Honor is chosen to be the referee because she is deemed to be too much of an advantage, and, well, they need a referee.

Five on five OpForce against OpForce. Can you choose two evenly matched sides? Consider all hardware to be HotQ tech. Same rules as five on five as far as alternating picks. For instance, OpForce one chooses Hamish Alexander as a first round pick. OpForce II counters with Thomas Theisman.

All officers are chosen from the currently breathing, RMN, RHN, Grayson or IAN pool. I'd like to get an idea on all of your ideas of overall officer strength.

Hardware on both sides is the same. This game will be won on the strengths of the officers. Albeit, the task is to choose two evenly matched teams.

Feel free to extend the teams beyond five as long as they're evenly matched.

OpForce I
1. Hamish Alexander
2. Lester Tourville
3. Alice Truman
4. Warner Caslet
5. Genevieve Chin

OpForce II
1. Thomas Theisman
2. Henke (is she an effective enough deterrent to Tourville?)
3. Alfredo Yu
4. Michael Oversteegen
5. Graf Von Sternhafen

Are these two OpForces evenly matched? It isn't as easy as it sounds.

I have to know:

How come nobody noticed the significance of the presence of Graf von Sternhafen in Op Force 2 - an Admiral of such towering stupidity that he almost provoked the war that his emperor was "determined to avoid?"
Post by stewart   » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:57 am

stewart
Captain of the List

Tom wrote:Contention: a simulated battle between Honor Harrington and Thomas Theisman would be wonderful to watch.
One between Honor Harrington and Lester Tourville would be even better.

------------------------

I would also like to see Alice Truman vs. Lester Tourville.

Both have experience with SD(p)'s and CLAC's AND their tactical employment.

-- Stewart
Post by niethil   » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:57 am

niethil
Commander

timmopussycat wrote:I have to know:

How come nobody noticed the significance of the presence of Graf von Sternhafen in Op Force 2 - an Admiral of such towering stupidity that he almost provoked the war that his emperor was "determined to avoid?"

I had forgotten about him ... Now I find myself wondering whether he would make a better admiral for a UV fleet than Bing.
-------------
'Oh, oh' he said in English. Evidently, he had completely mastered that language.
Post by cthia   » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:32 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

niethil wrote:
timmopussycat wrote:I have to know:

I had forgotten about him ... Now I find myself wondering whether he would make a better admiral for a UV fleet than Bing.

:lol:

Me too! I suppose I finally have a response regarding the balance of my OpForces. And a reason as to why one is sorely lacking!

:lol:

Good eye!

Return to Honorverse