Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 57 guests

OpForce against OpForce

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
OpForce against OpForce
Post by cthia   » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:12 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Remember street basketball with eveyone standing around and two people begin to pick sides? I know it's been a while, but a Vulcan places two fingers on your forehead and says "remember."

All officers are standing around in peace time talking about the good old days. Someone decides on a friendly game of five on five. Honor is chosen to be the referee because she is deemed to be too much of an advantage, and, well, they need a referee.

Five on five OpForce against OpForce. Can you choose two evenly matched sides? Consider all hardware to be HotQ tech. Same rules as five on five as far as alternating picks. For instance, OpForce one chooses Hamish Alexander as a first round pick. OpForce II counters with Thomas Theisman.

All officers are chosen from the currently breathing, RMN, RHN, Grayson or IAN pool. I'd like to get an idea on all of your ideas of overall officer strength.

Hardware on both sides is the same. This game will be won on the strengths of the officers. Albeit, the task is to choose two evenly matched teams.

Feel free to extend the teams beyond five as long as they're evenly matched.

OpForce I
1. Hamish Alexander
2. Lester Tourville
3. Alice Truman
4. Warner Caslet
5. Genevieve Chin

OpForce II
1. Thomas Theisman
2. Henke (is she an effective enough deterrent to Tourville?)
3. Alfredo Yu
4. Michael Oversteegen
5. Graf Von Sternhafen

Are these two OpForces evenly matched? It isn't as easy as it sounds.

Pool of Officers

Alfredo Yu.
Warner Caslet.
Michael Oversteegen.
Lester Tourville
Michelle Henke
Alice Truman
Chien-lu Anderman
Bin hwei-Morser
Hen-zhi Seifert
Graf von Sternhafen
Hamish Alexander
Thomas Theisman
Thomas Bachfish
Pepe Bautista
Shannon Foraker
Mark Sarnow
Wesley Matthews
Genevieve Chin
Helen Zilwicki
Naomi Kaplan
Cynthia Lecter
Veronica Armstrong

If anyone is inadvertently excluded from list, feel free.
If anyone is on the list that shouldn't be, disregard.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Re: OpForce against OpForce
Post by SharkHunter   » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:41 pm

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

--snipping--
cthia wrote:Five on five OpForce against OpForce. Can you choose two evenly matched sides? Consider all hardware to be HotQ tech. Same rules as five on five as far as alternating picks. For instance, OpForce one chooses Hamish Alexander as a first round pick. OpForce II counters with Thomas Theisman. All officers are chosen from the currently breathing, RMN, RHN, Grayson or IAN pool. I'd like to get an idea on all of your ideas of overall officer strength.

Hardware on both sides is the same. This game will be won on the strengths of the officers. Albeit, the task is to choose two evenly matched teams.

Alfredo Yu.
Warner Caslet.
Michael Oversteegen.
Lester Tourville
Michelle Henke
Alice Truman
Chien-lu Anderman
Bin hwei-Morser
Hen-zhi Seifert
Graf von Sternhafen
Hamish Alexander
Thomas Theisman
Thomas Bachfish
Pepe Bautista
Shannon Foraker
Mark Sarnow
Wesley Matthews
Genevieve Chin
Helen Zilwicki
Naomi Kaplan
Cynthia Lecter
Veronica Armstrong
One nit: you need to substitute Judah Yanakov for Wesley Matthews who was killed at Blackbird during Oyster Bay. Perhaps you meant Brent Matthews? who we haven't seen in a while.

I'm adding:
Judah Yanakov (substitution for Wesley Matthews)

Jennifer Bellefeuille
Andrea Jaruwalski
Oliver Diamato
Abigail Hearns
Aivars Terekhov
Molly Delaney

Just for fun I made it RHN vs. RMN
Op Force 1:
Theisman
Tourville
Bellefueuille
Foraker
Delaney
Diamato

Op Force 2:
Hamish Alexander
Alfredo Yu
Yanakov
Terekhov
Jaruwalski
Oversteegen
Abigail Hearns

For fun I'd give each of the officers a squadron of BC's plus equal levels of "screen" to make it more the overall battle(s) more of a challenge, and then have it be a best of five tourney. Honor sets up the sims, alternative who is the aggressor or defender for the 1st four, then the overall commanders flip for position for the fifth.

We'll call it the "Harrington Cup".
---------------------
All my posts are YMMV, IMHO, and welcoming polite discussion, extension, and rebuttal. This is the HonorVerse, after all
Post by roseandheather   » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:04 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

OpForce 1:

Mark Sarnow
Lester Tourville
Jennifer Bellefeuille
Michelle Henke
Sonja Hemphill

OpForce 2:

Hamish Alexander
Thomas Theisman
Judah Yanakov
Michael Oversteegen
Shannon Foraker

*makes popcorn*
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by cthia   » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:08 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

SharkHunter wrote:--snipping--
cthia wrote:
Five on five OpForce against OpForce. Can you choose two evenly matched sides? Consider all hardware to be HotQ tech. Same rules as five on five as far as alternating picks. For instance, OpForce one chooses Hamish Alexander as a first round pick. OpForce II counters with Thomas Theisman. All officers are chosen from the currently breathing, RMN, RHN, Grayson or IAN pool. I'd like to get an idea on all of your ideas of overall officer strength.

Alfredo Yu.
Warner Caslet.
Michael Oversteegen.
Lester Tourville
Michelle Henke
Alice Truman
Chien-lu Anderman
Bin hwei-Morser
Hen-zhi Seifert
Graf von Sternhafen
Hamish Alexander
Thomas Theisman
Thomas Bachfish
Pepe Bautista
Shannon Foraker
Mark Sarnow
Wesley Matthews
Genevieve Chin
Helen Zilwicki
Naomi Kaplan
Cynthia Lecter
Veronica Armstrong
One nit: you need to substitute Judah Yanakov for Wesley Matthews who was killed at Blackbird during Oyster Bay. Perhaps you meant Brent Matthews? who we haven't seen in a while.

I'm adding:
Judah Yanakov (substitution for Wesley Matthews)

Jennifer Bellefeuille
Andrea Jaruwalski
Oliver Diamato
Abigail Hearns
Aivars Terekhov
Molly Delaney

Op Force 1:
Theisman
Tourville
Bellefueuille
Foraker
Delaney
Diamato

Op Force 2:
Hamish Alexander
Alfredo Yu
Yanakov
Terekhov
Jaruwalski
Oversteegen
Abigail Hearns

For fun I'd give each of the officers a squadron of BC's plus equal levels of "screen" to make it more the overall battle(s) more of a challenge, and then have it be a best of five tourney. Honor sets up the sims, alternative who is the aggressor or defender for the 1st four, then the overall commanders flip for position for the fifth.

The Harrington Cup. :lol:
Sweet!

I love it! And your OpForces are interesting. I can't believe Henke didn't get picked. I also recognize your move to employ the most tactful tac-witch in existence. Nice strategy.

I think I'd give your OpForce 1 a slight edge. Hamish doesn't strike me as brilliant enough to counter Theisman. Hamish is accustomed to bigger hammers. And OpForce 1 also has Shannon. Plus Opforce 2 uses a much younger and inexperienced Abigail Hearns.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:19 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

roseandheather wrote:OpForce 1:

Mark Sarnow
Lester Tourville
Jennifer Bellefeuille
Michelle Henke
Sonja Hemphill

OpForce 2:

Hamish Alexander
Thomas Theisman
Judah Yanakov
Michael Oversteegen
Shannon Foraker

*makes popcorn*

But Rose, make that a small order of popcorn, because it seems to me you stacked the deck against OpForce 1. They don't stand a chance by my reckoning.

Post by SharkHunter   » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:30 pm

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

--snipping--
SharkHunter wrote: Just for fun I made it RHN vs. RMN
Op Force 1:
Theisman
Tourville
Bellefueuille
Foraker
Diamato
Delaney

Op Force 2:
Hamish Alexander
Alfredo Yu
Yanakov
Terekhov
Jaruwalski
Oversteegen
Abigail Hearns

cthia wrote:Sweet!

I love it! And your OpForces are interesting. I can't believe Henke didn't get picked. I also recognize your move to employ the most tactful tac-witch in existence. Nice strategy.

I think I'd give your OpForce 1 a slight edge. Hamish doesn't strike me as brilliant enough to counter Theisman. Hamish is accustomed to bigger hammers. And OpForce 1 also has Shannon. Plus Opforce 2 uses a much younger and inexperienced Abigail Hearns.
This is years later, remember? I'm assuming that by that point in time Abigail is likely at least a Captain Senior Grade. I'm matching her straight across with either Diamoto or Delaney.

As to Hamish, I figured he was the best available match up for Theisman, although Henke is likely as good or better a choicel. The reason I didn't pick Admiral Gold Peak is because I used two of her best hammers in Terekhov and Oversteegen. She can needle Michael incessantly for the next T-Year if they don't win. My guess is needling Sir Aivars might not be tactically a wise choice lest he be on the other side for the second Harrington ccup.

By the way, I'd also give the defensive edge to OpForce 1 because of Foraker and a slight tactical edge to OpForce 2 because of Alfredo Yu... who likely helped train Theisman.
---------------------
All my posts are YMMV, IMHO, and welcoming polite discussion, extension, and rebuttal. This is the HonorVerse, after all
Post by cthia   » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:34 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

SharkHunter wrote:--snipping--
SharkHunter wrote:
Op Force 1:
Theisman
Tourville
Bellefueuille
Foraker
Diamato
Delaney

Op Force 2:
Hamish Alexander
Alfredo Yu
Yanakov
Terekhov
Jaruwalski
Oversteegen
Abigail Hearns

cthia wrote:Sweet!

This is years later, remember? I'm assuming that by that point in time Abigail is likely at least a Captain Senior Grade. I'm matching her straight across with either Diamoto or Delaney.

As to Hamish, I figured he was the best available match up for Theisman, although Henke is likely as good or better a choicel. The reason I didn't pick Admiral Gold Peak is because I used two of her best hammers in Terekhov and Oversteegen. She can needle Michael incessantly for the next T-Year if they don't win. My guess is needling Sir Aivars might not be tactically a wise choice lest he be on the other side for the second Harrington ccup.

By the way, I'd also give the defensive edge to OpForce 1 because of Foraker and a slight tactical edge to OpForce 2 because of Alfredo Yu... who likely helped train Theisman.

Yes, you are correct; this is years later, but I didn't think Abigail could amass the experience over those old dogs. What was I thinking?

I like the idea of you giving OpForce 2 a slight tac edge due to Alfredo. Interesting. One thing I must say, is that you do have two fairly evenly matched forces.

I'd really like to see them go at it. With Honor grinning.

Post by jchilds   » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:37 am

jchilds
Captain of the List

Sadly, the true dream team is unavailable.

Janacek, Santino, Rajampet, Cranston & Byng. :P
Post by Fox2!   » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:57 am

Fox2!
Commodore

jchilds wrote:.

(Five) mortal men, doomed to die.

Something about a ring...
Post by SharkHunter   » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:05 am

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

Fox2! wrote:
jchilds wrote:.

(Five) mortal men, doomed to die.

Something about a ring...
think you meant Crandall?

Well, in their "honor" we can have a Hall of Shame for the 'tourney, sort of a Razzie award in honor of the Crunched Bunch, though we'd have to substitute Filareta in Janacek out. That also allows J. to be relegated to the dustbins where he belongs.
---------------------

Return to Honorverse