Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Theemile and 131 guests

Investment Opportunties in the Honorverse

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Investment Opportunties in the Honorverse
Post by Weird Harold   » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:50 pm

Weird Harold
Fleet Admiral

saber964 wrote:Gold Peak or Harrington laundry services. We specialize in removing yellow and brown stains from 'SLN' uniforms.

I should think "Gold Peak & Harrington Tailoring, specializing in adding yellow and brown accents," would be more likely. :o
Answers! I got lots of answers!

(Now if I could just find the right questions.)
Post by kzt   » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:34 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

Dear friend,

Based on the further explicit investment information about your country from my research i wish to invest in your country under your supervision.

I am Fayed W. Bolkiah, the eldest son of Jeffrey Bolkiah former finance minister of the Solarian Legaue. As you may know from the international media, The president had accused my father of financial mismanagement and impropriety of us$14.8 billion dollars this was as a result of the Manticoran Financial crisis that made my father company Amedeo Development Company and government owned investment company to be declared bankrupt during his tenure in the office. However my father was kept under house arrest, his bank account and private properties including a crude oil export refinery were later confiscated by the sultanate to avoid further prosecution from the preisdent and his security operatives, but before I could do that I was placed under house arrest by the president and not have access to phone but I have a hand-held computer from which I am sending you this mail. Some of the guard here are still loyal to me, so they would be my contact with you if there is any documents I need to send to you to enable you have access to this funds and invest it for me.

Before my in-castration, I went ahead to dispatch the sum of five undred million Solarian Dollars {SOL$500,000,000.00} in cash under special arrangement into the custody of different private Banks and trust company's for safe keeping abroad. The money where splited and kept in the following cities, : in Montreal, Paris, London, Amsterdam and in Chicago. Firstly, you will be required to travel to Chicago to claim the money there before prceeding to other cities.

I seek your good assistance to invest these funds into a profitable investment in your country to facilitate future survival for my family abroad. After due deliberation with my aids we decides to offer a certain percentage to you as compensation for your co-operation and kind sincerity to carry out this assignment.

Since there will be an expenditure from your side, I will advice you not to worry about it because you will be reimburse any amount you may spend as to enable this transaction get to it's final dream, for both local and international expenses will be given to you back while you will be part of the beneficiary of any investment made with this cash, to add to that, I will like to let to your understand that all this is not part of your financial compensation that will be given to you.

During this dispensation Please I count on your absolute confidentiality, transparency and trust while looking forward to your prompt reply towards a swift conclusion of this transaction. Many thanks and blessing remains with you.

Finally, your financial compensation will be the 15% of the total cash. That is 15% of ( SOL$500,000,000.00 ).

Thanks.
Fayed.W. Bolkiah.
Post by Castenea   » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:42 pm

Castenea
Captain of the List

kzt wrote:Thanks.
Fayed.W. Bolkiah.

http://www.419eater.com/

I think Inna Acci Dent Mending would be a better investment
Post by Mitchell, Esq.   » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:38 pm

Mitchell, Esq.
Commodore

I'm just going to buy all the SLN small arms the RMN will sell me, then go off to the verge and see who is willing to pay what...

Be back in a year or three with more $$$ than you can shake a stick at...
Post by SharkHunter   » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:46 am

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

War souvenirs. AKA what to do with them darn SD's, idea #3,650.

Marbles, you know, kids toy? I mean, with 800 million tons of SD to get rid of, yeah, that's a lot of marbles, but at a Manticoran dollar per pound, that's gotta buy a lot of something.

Shucks, you'd be able to sell them for the next fifty T-Years, in bags of 100. Billions of potential buyers. See Jacks for raw material sources, and Shredders R Us for the cutting machines.

Or. Pulsar darts, anyone? Lifetime supply... See Jack, etc...
---------------------
All my posts are YMMV, IMHO, and welcoming polite discussion, extension, and rebuttal. This is the HonorVerse, after all
Post by SharkHunter   » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:00 am

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

Terekhov Negotiations, Ltd.

He does give you a choice after all. The easy way or...
---------------------
All my posts are YMMV, IMHO, and welcoming polite discussion, extension, and rebuttal. This is the HonorVerse, after all
Post by Vince   » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:25 pm

Vince
Vice Admiral

kzt wrote:Dear friend,

...Snip Nigerian Letter...

Finally, your financial compensation will be the 15% of the total cash. That is 15% of ( SOL$500,000,000.00 ).

Thanks.
Fayed.W. Bolkiah.

kzt, this is hilarious. The only thing that sticks out like a sore thumb is while dollars are used on Manticore, the Solarian League uses credits.
-------------------------------------------------------------
History does not repeat itself so much as it echoes.
Post by kzt   » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:30 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

Vince wrote:
kzt wrote:Dear friend,

...Snip Nigerian Letter...

Thanks.
Fayed.W. Bolkiah.

kzt, this is hilarious. The only thing that sticks out like a sore thumb is while dollars are used on Manticore, the Solarian League uses credits.

Thanks.

I couldn't remember and I needed to go do something else.
Post by SharkHunter   » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:20 pm

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

RoseAndHeather MatchMaking Services. Ltd.

Ltd. to Haven, Talbott, and...

hmm....
---------------------
Post by timmopussycat   » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:41 pm

timmopussycat
Lieutenant Commander

SharkHunter wrote:RoseAndHeather MatchMaking Services. Ltd.

Ltd. to Haven, Talbott, and...

hmm....

I ain't investing in that one folks 'cause the eponymous owner is doling out too many free services.

Return to Honorverse