Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 152 guests

Investment Opportunties in the Honorverse

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Investment Opportunties in the Honorverse
Post by stewart   » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:36 pm

stewart
Captain of the List

SharkHunter wrote:Music lessons for Grayson grunge bands, obvious franchise opportunity with billions of people there...

*cough*...

I mean, how many times has RFC told us that the Yeltsin system/Grayson is lousy with Heavy Metals?

--------------

and here I thought Grayson ALREADY had BOTH kinds of music -- Country AND Western

:D

-- Stewart
Post by stewart   » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:43 pm

stewart
Captain of the List

SharkHunter wrote:...And in other recent news, the SS Botany Bay was rediscovered floating near the edge of Verge Space. The surviving cryo- crew members were shipped to Beowulf for defrosting and general mental decontamination and fix up.

In addition, however, it was discovered that there was an additional pod stuffed with Ensign Chekov's entire chip collection of 20th-23rd century Netflix greatest hits, and a whole bunch of things called YouTubes etc. from the early part of the 21st century.

For HD subscriptions including our "exclusive content sections" on YOUR planet and favorite HD channel, please contact Dewey Cheatem AndHowe Rental services....

----------------

I wonder how Ricardo Montalban will like Beowulf ?

-- Stewart
Post by stewart   » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:47 pm

stewart
Captain of the List

Mitchell, Esq. wrote:Maybe I'm completely unethical, but I'm really hot to get my hands on the captured SLN ships from destroyers to heavy cruisers and move them to various buyers out in the back of the universe for reasonable sums.

I mean, sure...I'd get the required End User documentation and the sales would have to be to legit governments, but how much raw BLING BLING is sitting in orbit that is of no use to Manticore when some world sitting out in the far reaches of space would like to have a few top of the line destroyers for below cost?

"Buy a light Cruiser or two Destroyers, and I throw in enough small arms to outfit your marines and national police force...Yes, powered armor is included...supplies limited to stock on hand...you want a maintenance contract...yeah, That is gonna be extra, but I'll make a phone call and we can see about sending a class to Haven Tech for 18 months for training on these guys."

How do I not make Bank with this racket?

I get a commission, the Crown gets cash and everyone is happy.

---------------------

everyone is happy except the forum dwellers who are STILL arguing over what should be done with two captured SLN fleets.

-- Stewart
Post by saber964   » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:39 pm

saber964
Admiral

Tabitha's Restaurant Chain specializing in Human and Treecat cuisine.
Post by Weird Harold   » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:46 pm

Weird Harold
Fleet Admiral

Need advice?

Call Wie, Fliesem, Goode and Howe. Investment Bankers
Answers! I got lots of answers!

(Now if I could just find the right questions.)
Post by SharkHunter   » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:53 am

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

Weird Harold wrote:Need advice?

Call Wie, Fliesem, Goode and Howe. Investment Bankers
You know... Maybe the GL should sell said captured Sollie SD's to the good investment folks at WFG and H for a pence a pound. Let those nice folks dispose of those ships! Might even be cheaper than hiring the breakers. That way Skimper et. al can buy a few!
---------------------
All my posts are YMMV, IMHO, and welcoming polite discussion, extension, and rebuttal. This is the HonorVerse, after all
Post by Brigade XO   » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:46 pm

Brigade XO
Fleet Admiral

The Beowulf Code places limits on what can be done with human genetics. Haven't seen a lot about what the rules or any code is for what can be done with animal or plant DNA (or its exo-biotic alternatives).

How about a variation of Jurassic Park for really big game hunting? You aren't limited to things like T-Rex or it's nastier cousins, there could be any number or really big or dangerous things out there that could be spliced out of things in the labs. Heck, you could make Dragons, compleat with flying and breathing fire. All those soon to be unemployed people on Mesa with all that techincal knowledge are a very big resource.
Post by saber964   » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:11 pm

saber964
Admiral

Brigade XO wrote:The Beowulf Code places limits on what can be done with human genetics. Haven't seen a lot about what the rules or any code is for what can be done with animal or plant DNA (or its exo-biotic alternatives).

How about a variation of Jurassic Park for really big game hunting? You aren't limited to things like T-Rex or it's nastier cousins, there could be any number or really big or dangerous things out there that could be spliced out of things in the labs. Heck, you could make Dragons, compleat with flying and breathing fire. All those soon to be unemployed people on Mesa with all that techincal knowledge are a very big resource.

Good idea, but for all we know there could already be a planet going through its Jurassic period. Also I think its mentioned in passing in CoS that there were some big game hunters either heading to or from a planet like that.
Post by niethil   » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:42 pm

niethil
Commander

Prime orbital location, high visibility !
Sphynx, Manticore A, unstable orbit

1 space available.
Total space available : 4000 SF
Rental rate : M$37.50 /SF/Year
Space type : Restaurant
Date available : February 1922 PD

Description :
Former Cosmo restaurant with approximately 100 inside seats. Formerly attached to Hephaestus space station. Approximately 1000 ships pass by this property daily. Building comes fully equipped as a restaurant*. To purchase the whole package is M$3.3 million.

Great visibility and location in Sphynx orbit.

A brand new space station just opened right in front of the building. Great location for brand name retailer / food service.

* Life-support not included
-------------
'Oh, oh' he said in English. Evidently, he had completely mastered that language.
Post by SharkHunter   » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:53 pm

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

CatManDoo, interrogation services.

Our tiny outfit comes completely equipped with one (undercover agent) retired RMN Marine with equipment. My able bodied assistant comes complete with built in lie detection equipment and a high speed set of matched cutting instruments.

We are currently offering a free low cost package designed for quick n dirty MAlign SliceNDice, our standard package of SL HeadMNShredM, or our deluxe package for OFS/Mandarin ByeBye ala Mode.. on ice.
---------------------
All my posts are YMMV, IMHO, and welcoming polite discussion, extension, and rebuttal. This is the HonorVerse, after all

Return to Honorverse