Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 131 guests

Investment Opportunties in the Honorverse

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Investment Opportunties in the Honorverse
Post by SharkHunter   » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:03 am

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

Totally non-military thread for a change.

Okay, so things are falling apart, economy wise, and you, Mr. Averagely super-wealthy person, need more places to invest your {hard earned cash, ill gotten gains, gambling winnings...}

We here at the wildly creative Forum Investment, Ltd. have just helped the GoodGuys put Dewey Cheatem and Howe back in jail where they belong, and have WONDERFUL places for your dough to earn us both health, wealth, wisdom, and...

How about....

Mesa Sky Domes, Ltd. (a division of a well known Grayson Co.)
The New Tilman Brewing company, a Grayson enterprise
Streak Informatics.
San Martin Counter-Grav Realty "we really lighten your loads"
Treecat Jury Management Services....
Parmley Nebula View Amusement Park Engineering and Management
Torch Pharm Day "trips" (of the hallucinogenic variety)...
Montana Advertising Bored (it's what's for dinner)

plus...

GHOP franchises, the IHOP of the future. Gotta keep the Palane(s) and the Harrington(s) of the 'verse fed after all. That's gotta be profitable.

[Y'all's turn. Don't get all serious either, that's no fun.]
---------------------
All my posts are YMMV, IMHO, and welcoming polite discussion, extension, and rebuttal. This is the HonorVerse, after all
Re: Investment Opportunties in the Honorverse
Post by Somtaaw   » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:40 pm

Somtaaw
Rear Admiral

:lol: :lol:

I'll be back when I can stop laughing, this is great Shark, exactly what I needed to start my day.
Post by SharkHunter   » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:44 am

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

What, no investors? no more silly opportunities?

Way too much gravitas! I mean gravities? San Martino's?

And there I was gonna have Michelle Henke's squad serving up pancakes, aka squished Sollie Ships for breakfast.
---------------------
All my posts are YMMV, IMHO, and welcoming polite discussion, extension, and rebuttal. This is the HonorVerse, after all
Post by Relax   » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:47 am

Relax
Fleet Admiral

BLOWHARD awards given to politicians who wants only $$$ opportunities. Lets bring on the politico PUNDITS! :mrgreen:
_________
Tally Ho!
Relax
Post by SharkHunter   » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:02 am

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

Relax wrote:BLOWHARD awards given to politicians who wants only $$$ opportunities. Lets bring on the politico PUNDITS! :mrgreen:

Political Pundit Windmill Farms, for sale cheap. Oh wait. That's the opinions of political pundits. They're still trying to sell the hot air for as much as they think it's worth at the time.

The rest of us will soldier on. Oh wait, I got it!

Eye drops to cure "rolled eye sprain syndrome" anyone?
---------------------
Post by Brigade XO   » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:06 am

Brigade XO
Fleet Admiral

How about the Copperwall Interrogation Services? Treecats (trained in sign language) hire out to police and attorneys to assist in quetioning of suspects or in trials.

Prosecutor to suspect: Did you kill Joseph Buckly?
Answer: NO,
Treecat: signs : LYING.
Prosecutor to Suspect: Can you explain your answer?
Answer: I would never kill him.
Treecat signs: Lying
Prosecutor to suspect: If it wasn't you, who was it?

and so forth.
Post by Brigade XO   » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:56 am

Brigade XO
Fleet Admiral

Smiling Jack's Used Starships and Army/Navey Store.
Lightly used Solarian Military ships and gear.
Huge inventory of military and non-miltary ships.
Need a part? We have a vast collection of junked ships and will are sure you can find what you need. We have a: you-find-it/you-pull-it policy.
Make us an offer
Dozens of Locations - Contact Smiling Jack at a most major wormhole termini.
Post by SharkHunter   » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:12 pm

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

Galactic U-Wrench it! I'm in!

I LIKE Smiling Jacks! Now Skimper, Belia666, and I can build weird ships! Warshawski sail to parts unknown! Become defenders of Truth, Justice, and....

What size wrenches do we need? Metric I presume... Oh, and a beeg arsed truck to haul our bits away.

(after fishing around for a while...)

Galactica? how'd that get in here? (best Geoffrey Rush imitation)

"Ja-a-c-k, ye be fishing in strange waters again?"
---------------------
Post by Brigade XO   » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:50 pm

Brigade XO
Fleet Admiral

Concessionairs (licensed by the military) to sell entertainment and other stuff to SLN POWs. Swipe their KREDIT Cards for purchase and send transactions thought the interstellar banking systems for payment.

Actual receipt of payment may take a while since exactly how the transaction gets to wherevere the SLN credit's their pay for usages may take a roundabout route. Of course the SLN may order the accounts stopped due to war conditions but .....there is always a but....that might cause a major snag in eventual release of POWs as release could be delayed pending settlement of debts/refused charges outstanding.

Depends a lot on the mechanism for credit transfer on an individual level when people are out of "home" system.

Will cause all manner of challenges for the SLN/SL not to mention possible significant credit drain as funds flow to Manticore though various 3rd party agencies.

( What, you think a million or so SLN military personnel on Manticore and Spindle are going to spend their time pumping iron, teaching each other classes in basket weaving or doing stoop labor to raise food for their prison compounds all of the time? If they have access to money -thought their ID or whatever is common in the Honorers- and are permitted to buy stuff, they will do it.)
Post by saber964   » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:59 pm

saber964
Admiral

Gold Peak or Harrington laundry services. We specialize in removing yellow and brown stains from 'SLN' uniforms.

Return to Honorverse