Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: penny and 156 guests

Investment Opportunties in the Honorverse

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Investment Opportunties in the Honorverse
Post by SWM   » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:08 pm

SWM
Fleet Admiral

Smith & Westman, supplier of fine firearms to frontier planets, based at Montana
--------------------------------------------
Librarian: The Original Search Engine
Post by SharkHunter   » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:27 pm

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

SWM wrote:Smith & Westman, supplier of fine firearms to frontier planets, based at Montana
I'm in!
---------------------
All my posts are YMMV, IMHO, and welcoming polite discussion, extension, and rebuttal. This is the HonorVerse, after all
Post by Brigade XO   » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:40 pm

Brigade XO
Fleet Admiral

SharkHunter wrote:
SWM wrote:Smith & Westman, supplier of fine firearms to frontier planets, based at Montana
I'm in!

I'll invest!
Post by Brigade XO   » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:52 pm

Brigade XO
Fleet Admiral

Cie & Fuego, Fine Tobacco From a Dozen Systems
(follows list of heirloom tobacco strains including Cuban plus Central Amarican strains of filler and Connectict wrapper.......)

A sister company- perhaps Taste of Heaven- could be a liquor importer and between paired shops in shopping malls, termini duty free stations and just general sales of fine spirits and tobacco, you can do well in the luxury end of the market.
Post by Fox2!   » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:06 pm

Fox2!
Commodore

Brigade XO wrote:Concessionairs (licensed by the military) to sell entertainment and other stuff to SLN POWs. Swipe their KREDIT Cards for purchase and send transactions thought the interstellar banking systems for payment.

Depends a lot on the mechanism for credit transfer on an individual level when people are out of "home" system.

According to the Geneva Conventions, the detaining power is required to credit prisoners (or at least commissioned officers) with half their pay for canteen purchases. Presumably books are balanced through the Protecting Power (usually ICRC). I assume that the Deneb Accords have a similar provision.
Post by SharkHunter   » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:22 pm

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

...And in other recent news, the SS Botany Bay was rediscovered floating near the edge of Verge Space. The surviving cryo- crew members were shipped to Beowulf for defrosting and general mental decontamination and fix up.

In addition, however, it was discovered that there was an additional pod stuffed with Ensign Chekov's entire chip collection of 20th-23rd century Netflix greatest hits, and a whole bunch of things called YouTubes etc. from the early part of the 21st century.

For HD subscriptions including our "exclusive content sections" on YOUR planet and favorite HD channel, please contact Dewey Cheatem AndHowe Rental services....
---------------------
All my posts are YMMV, IMHO, and welcoming polite discussion, extension, and rebuttal. This is the HonorVerse, after all
Post by Brigade XO   » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:50 pm

Brigade XO
Fleet Admiral

SharkHunter wrote:...And in other recent news, the SS Botany Bay was rediscovered floating near the edge of Verge Space. The surviving cryo- crew members were shipped to Beowulf for defrosting and general mental decontamination and fix up.

In addition, however, it was discovered that there was an additional pod stuffed with Ensign Chekov's entire chip collection of 20th-23rd century Netflix greatest hits, and a whole bunch of things called YouTubes etc. from the early part of the 21st century.

For HD subscriptions including our "exclusive content sections" on YOUR planet and favorite HD channel, please contact Dewey Cheatem AndHowe Rental services....

In "By the Book" in Beginnings, there was a rather interesting way of a certain group to put a lot more information including books into the things that were being sent out with some of those early cryo colony ships.

What are the odds that there might be a number of packages of "adult content" material on things lke the Botany Bay or any other really old ship that turned up? For that matter, in the personal effects of some of those SLN personnel captured or killed at with Bing, at Spindle or 2nd Manticore.
Post by SharkHunter   » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:32 pm

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

--snipping with a ;) --
Brigade XO wrote:In "By the Book" in Beginnings, there was a rather interesting way of a certain group to put a lot more information including books into the things that were being sent out with some of those early cryo colony ships.

What are the odds that there might be a number of packages of "adult content" material on things lke the Botany Bay or any other really old ship that turned up? For that matter, in the personal effects of some of those SLN personnel captured or killed at with Bing, at Spindle or 2nd Manticore.
Contact your local office of Dewey.... etc. we'll license that stuff too! [Oh by the way. Dewey Disney owns a transtellar. They got the copyright limitation extended to 99 years plus prolong plus possible cryo plus cloning of author's long last-dead family member's DNA].
---------------------
Post by stewart   » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:21 pm

stewart
Captain of the List

SharkHunter wrote:What, no investors? no more silly opportunities?

Way too much gravitas! I mean gravities? San Martino's?

And there I was gonna have Michelle Henke's squad serving up pancakes, aka squished Sollie Ships for breakfast.

--------------

Just don't ask what's in the Soylent Green.

(for those of you that remember that far back.....)

-- Stewart
Post by stewart   » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:31 pm

stewart
Captain of the List

kzt wrote:"Vince"]"kzt"]Dear friend,

...Snip Nigerian Letter...

Finally, your financial compensation will be the 15% of the total cash. That is 15% of ( SOL$500,000,000.00 ).

Thanks.
Fayed.W. Bolkiah.

kzt, this is hilarious. The only thing that sticks out like a sore thumb is while dollars are used on Manticore, the Solarian League uses credits.[/quote]
Thanks.

I couldn't remember and I needed to go do something else.[/quote]

--------------

It still works -- the Nigerian "deal" e-mails usually have both mis-spelling, missed grammar and lost details. What makes any of us think that 2000 years will change the scheme ??

Credits / Dollars (of any type) / Kroners / Kuggarands

-- Stewart

Return to Honorverse