Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 145 guests

Lived long and prospered, RIP

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Lived long and prospered, RIP
Post by BobfromSydney   » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:07 am

BobfromSydney
Commander

Well RIP and RIP then. :(
Post by cthia   » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:01 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

SharkHunter wrote:Though not part of our Honorverse, I thought y'all would like to know that Leonard Nimoy passed today. Even though the Trek universe has alot more goofy physics in it, he played a very noble character and I wanted to pay a bit of tribute here

Thanks for the memories.

I was giving him tribute even before he died as none understands cthia like Leonard Nimoy.
Cthia was a Vulcan word, typically translated into English as "logic", but actually possessing the more complex meaning of "reality-truth". The term cthia was also often used to refer to the philosophy/religion of logic, emotional control, and pacifism preached by Surak. (TOS novel: Spock's World)

Cthia underwent many phases in its history. In the 22nd century, the variation of cthia practiced by many Vulcans involved considerably less emotional discipline than was often found in later practitioners. This was a result of the numerous interpretations of inaccurate recordings of Surak's teachings. One group's particular take on cthia was particularly unpopular -- the Syrrannites -- until the discovery of the Kir'Shara in 2154 by United Earth Starfleet Captain Jonathan Archer. With the discovery of the Kir'Shara, Surak's original set of teachings, cthia was revolutionized, and the tenants of Syrannitism came to dominate modern cthia. (ENT episodes: "The Forge", "Awakening", "Kir'Shara")

Cthia was harder to sustain for those who were not wholly Vulcan. (TOS novelization: Star Trek)

Spock's World, one of the most engaging sci-fi reads.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Theemile   » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:14 pm

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

wastedfly wrote:I believe namelessfly is also gone now.

RIP

Do they have shower scenes in heaven? :o

I feel embarrassed I didn't see this until now:

RIP

His unending pleads for equal screen time for Honorverse bathroom tiling and shower fixtures will be sorely missed.
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."

Return to Honorverse