Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 157 guests

Thandi vs. Honor

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Thandi vs. Honor
Post by SharkHunter   » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:36 pm

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

That said, I do know the '70's music to cue up when either of these ladies hits the fighting 'bot full force on some critical arm or leg joint. You know, it, right? the one that starts out...

BOOM chakalakalaka...
---------------------
All my posts are YMMV, IMHO, and welcoming polite discussion, extension, and rebuttal. This is the HonorVerse, after all
Post by cthia   » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:24 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

SharkHunter wrote:That said, I do know the '70's music to cue up when either of these ladies hits the fighting 'bot full force on some critical arm or leg joint. You know, it, right? the one that starts out...

BOOM chakalakalaka...

:lol:
You are nuts!

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Meshakhad   » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:36 pm

Meshakhad
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Thandi would win. Not instantly, but my impression is that her strength and speed are an order of magnitude beyond Honor's.

Of course, Honor's real secret weapon is Nimitz.
Post by SharkHunter   » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:46 am

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

Meshakhad wrote:Thandi would win. Not instantly, but my impression is that her strength and speed are an order of magnitude beyond Honor's.

Of course, Honor's real secret weapon is Nimitz.
Given that they're going to only spar, the outcome of their bout would be still be based on what is for all intents and purposes, a "power equation". Best comparison is when Honor went up against similar power in sparring with Gunny (Lewis) Hallowell; that was considered a pretty equal match.

Now then, to Thandi and Honor: both are tall, extremely powerful women with enhanced musculature, skeleton, and reflexes, etc., but Thandi is likely about 30% heavier aka near Hallowell's weight, PLUS is at least as fast or faster than Honor. So it's like a trained middleweight going up against an equally trained AND fast heavyweight. That usually favors the bigger battler.
---------------------
All my posts are YMMV, IMHO, and welcoming polite discussion, extension, and rebuttal. This is the HonorVerse, after all
Post by Kytheros   » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:08 am

Kytheros
Rear Admiral

Hmmm ... depends on how useful Honor's telempathic senses are in a fight. Remember, we haven't seen her in a fight, whether real or just sparring, against a human opponent since her telempathy developed into a useable form.
If it is useful, it just might give Honor a slight edge.
Post by cthia   » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:16 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

I wonder who's a better marksman.

Honor shot the Young off of Pavel. He's old news now.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by drothgery   » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:24 am

drothgery
Admiral

cthia wrote:I wonder who's a better marksman.

Honor shot the Young off of Pavel. He's old news now.

Honor's almost certainly a better marksman; she has a built-in cybernetic targeting system. I'd certainly expect her to win a duel or a target shooting competition. Thandi is better at mayhem; she's better at taking down a large number of targets in a short time (at least, until you start breaking out ship-borne weapons).
Post by clancy688   » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:06 pm

clancy688
Captain of the List

Taurus2 wrote:I'm not sure who would win. We know Honor is good, and I'm sure she could make Thandi work for it, but I can't recall if she's ever been noted as a contender for "best in galaxy" for her CQC skills. On the other hand, she does have her empathic sense, which might give her an edge in reaction times (it certainly seemed to when she was facing Burdette).

It's crystal clear who'll win.

Shannon Foraker, when she presses the button which turns the dojo in which the other women are dueling into very tiny pieces.
Post by cthia   » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:47 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

One thing is for certain, if they are standing back-to-back, it's a true invitation to get phucked up.

Post by Jonathan_S   » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:16 pm

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

clancy688 wrote:
Taurus2 wrote:I'm not sure who would win. We know Honor is good, and I'm sure she could make Thandi work for it, but I can't recall if she's ever been noted as a contender for "best in galaxy" for her CQC skills. On the other hand, she does have her empathic sense, which might give her an edge in reaction times (it certainly seemed to when she was facing Burdette).

It's crystal clear who'll win.

Shannon Foraker, when she presses the button which turns the dojo in which the other women are dueling into very tiny pieces.
Love it :lol:

Return to Honorverse