Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 131 guests

Beyond "A RISING THUNDER" (v.13 in Honorverse series)

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Beyond "A RISING THUNDER" (v.13 in Honorverse series)
Post by OrlandoNative   » Mon May 11, 2015 10:37 am

OrlandoNative
Captain (Junior Grade)

dreamrider wrote:Shy,
If you are so Honor focus'd for your enjoyment of the Honorverse, I fear you may be sadly disappointed at the lack of direct role for Honor in the remaining books of the series.

By the very nature of her seniority and position(s) (both formal and informal), she is going to be primarily a strategist, directing others to "go forth and do". Think of all the exciting action scenes featuring Thomas Caparelli over the years.

Of course, some idiot might try to assassinate her again, or Elizabeth. That should be good for a scene or two of "laughs".

The Band of Brothers held the world's oceans as Nelson's legacy. It is now the time for the Hands of Honor to carry the actions in and around the Haven Sector.

dreamrider

She could always do like Kirk in the Star Trek universe. Request demotion in rank. Kirk went from captain to admiral in the novels and movies, and then back to captain so he could captain a starship again.

Honor could, too. Don't know if David thought of/planned for that, but maybe he did.
"Yield to temptation, it may not pass your way again."
Post by SWM   » Mon May 11, 2015 12:49 pm

SWM
Fleet Admiral

OrlandoNative wrote:
dreamrider wrote:Shy,
If you are so Honor focus'd for your enjoyment of the Honorverse, I fear you may be sadly disappointed at the lack of direct role for Honor in the remaining books of the series.

By the very nature of her seniority and position(s) (both formal and informal), she is going to be primarily a strategist, directing others to "go forth and do". Think of all the exciting action scenes featuring Thomas Caparelli over the years.

Of course, some idiot might try to assassinate her again, or Elizabeth. That should be good for a scene or two of "laughs".

The Band of Brothers held the world's oceans as Nelson's legacy. It is now the time for the Hands of Honor to carry the actions in and around the Haven Sector.

dreamrider

She could always do like Kirk in the Star Trek universe. Request demotion in rank. Kirk went from captain to admiral in the novels and movies, and then back to captain so he could captain a starship again.

Honor could, too. Don't know if David thought of/planned for that, but maybe he did.

That's an interesting idea, but it doesn't seem to be the direction David is heading. From what he's said, it appears that Honor's role will be very high level, policy-making, and directing the Grand Fleet. However, given Honor's vehement statements, I think we can expect Honor to be there in the final battle.
--------------------------------------------
Librarian: The Original Search Engine
Post by OrlandoNative   » Mon May 11, 2015 1:01 pm

OrlandoNative
Captain (Junior Grade)

SWM wrote:That's an interesting idea, but it doesn't seem to be the direction David is heading. From what he's said, it appears that Honor's role will be very high level, policy-making, and directing the Grand Fleet. However, given Honor's vehement statements, I think we can expect Honor to be there in the final battle.

Well, he's changed his map of his "future history" before, so who knows?

But I would agree that she's not going to just "fade away"; there's bound to be some pivot point in the future. Maybe when Grand Fleet travels to the Sol System to accept the SL's surrender? :D
"Yield to temptation, it may not pass your way again."
Post by Lee Bickley   » Sun May 24, 2015 5:07 pm

Lee Bickley
Midshipman

SkyWriter,

While Mr Weber decided completed the book "A Rising Thunder" HH13 Mar 2012, he only published the first half of the book. He said you needed "Cauldron of Ghosts" CS03
March 2014,

So, I do not under stand why we have to wait another two years for s book that is already written.
Post by SWM   » Sun May 24, 2015 8:38 pm

SWM
Fleet Admiral

Lee Bickley wrote:SkyWriter,

While Mr Weber decided completed the book "A Rising Thunder" HH13 Mar 2012, he only published the first half of the book. He said you needed "Cauldron of Ghosts" CS03
March 2014,

So, I do not under stand why we have to wait another two years for s book that is already written.

It's published: Shadow of Freedom.
--------------------------------------------
Librarian: The Original Search Engine

Return to Honorverse