Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ThinksMarkedly and 137 guests

The enemy in "extended space": SLN or MAlign

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: The enemy in "extended space": SLN or MAlign
Post by StealthSeeker   » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:04 pm

StealthSeeker
Commander

SharkHunter wrote:
Because right now our planetary governments are often similarly corrupted by whatever vices or bad politics or whatever, and are making selfish, power seeking decisions, not those that are actually for the good of the world. (Aka Syria's Assad and cronies aren't dead yet, and the nations of the world haven't invaded Syria to totally decimate ISIL/ISIS, Ebola didn't get whomped by a major first world medical response, etc. (though we finally did help the medical crisis somewhat).

Well, that's part of what makes the SIFI genera of stories so appealing to me. I can immerse myself in a world that is distant from the world I live in and where better things eventually happen. And I do say "eventually" as right now the Honorverse has it's own share of not so nice things happening in it that we have today. Like slavery, corruption, oppression, wars, ineffective governments and so on. It's what makes the Honorverse so believable, I can relate it to what I know in my life, and it then allows me to dream of something better.
-
-
I think therefore I am.... I think

Return to Honorverse