Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 137 guests

The return of Ganny El

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: The return of Ganny El
Post by n7axw   » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:02 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

JohnRoth wrote:
Which characters? Two or three books is awfully tight to bring this phase of the series to a satisfactory conclusion; I don't see a whole lot of space for characters like Ganny El, who are, after all, rather limited in their scope of operations. I grant you, Ganny El is amusing, but she really has no abilities beyond what we've seen to date.

We're much more likely to see Anton, Victor, Thandi and Yana. And remember that everything in the Torch series isn't Eric's. Maya sector is RFC's, and Erewhon is too central to lots of things to simply drop, although we really only have one important Erewhonese character.

I'm really just saying that it's a bit premature to say which characters get the ax. It depends on how the story is told. She could be used as a front of some sort intel gathering, or be involved in the liberation of Zach and Gail. I expect at least as much derring do with spies as military stuff.

As Hutch would put it, we shall see eventually...

Don
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Re: The return of Ganny El
Post by Jonathan_S   » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:42 pm

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

biochem wrote:Interesting characters have ways of coming back. If the main novels aren't a good fit for them, there is always short stories!
That's what I was thinking. Wouldn't be surprised if there was at least one more anthology - and that might give space for David, or Eric to come back, and show a bit more with Granny El and her brood.

Return to Honorverse