Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 148 guests

Enquiring Treecats

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Enquiring Treecats
Post by cthia   » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:34 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

<What are People-Mesan rules of engagement Do People Kill On Sight>

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:37 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

<Detweiler> <Dead or Alive>

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:20 pm

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

cthia wrote:<What are People-Mesan rules of engagement Do People Kill On Sight>

Do you really think that the cats are going to ask about the rules of engagement when dealing with Mesan? There was
a line in one of the books about treecat views on enemies: Enemies come in two states, those who still have to be dealt with, and those who are dead.
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Post by cthia   » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:08 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

fallsfromtrees wrote:
cthia wrote:
<What are People-Mesan rules of engagement Do People Kill On Sight>

Do you really think that the cats are going to ask about the rules of engagement when dealing with Mesan? There was
a line in one of the books about treecat views on enemies: Enemies come in two states, those who still have to be dealt with, and those who are dead.

I do think. Chain of command. They must learn to operate within the constraints of the navy. Honor had to be reminded of the very same thing a few times herself.

Never said they'd enjoy the asking.

Besides. Bonded cats ask all the time. Do you not think that Honor's enemies were also Nimitz' enemies as well? What do you think kept Nimitz from ripping rawhide out of a few asses?

Last edited by cthia on Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by cthia   » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:39 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:<Take me where it rains cats and dogs.>

Idioms are used to make language more vivid and descriptive. Analogies are used to make descriptions clear and meaningful. Both would not be needed in an empathic species where communication is clear. Perhaps non-literal communication would be absent as well.

Cats may need to assimilate the difference.

Last edited by cthia on Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by cthia   » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:13 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

"Honor <Nimitz> wants <kaboom> device like Victor Cachat In case of Mesans no take <Nimitz> alive <O><K>"

after a pregnant pause of intimate communication ...

<O> <K>

Post by cthia   » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:57 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

<In case> <Nimitz> <sends> this <imagery> <Ride> <S><D> <Fast> <past> <bridge> <Bond> <collapse> <naturally>

after pregnant pause of intimate communication ...

<TtEeAaRrSs>

I truly wonder about the depth and breadth and distance a broken bond thru death can reach.

Just like identical twins-in-a-pod and bonded pair, death communicates across the small expanse of the universe.

Unexplained phenomena. "I just know." Twin sense.

Post by cthia   » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:41 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:Honor:
"By the way Stinker. About your performance at Protector's Palace that day.

<W> <T> <F>"

Everybody else:

"By the way Nimitz. About your performance at Protector's Palace that day.

<W> <T> <F>"

<To People> <life> <like box of pizza> <Never know what you gonna get> <til we done slicing>

Post by cthia   » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:52 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

You know, now that they can communicate, I'm sure Nimitz and Honor joke around with each other a lot more. Especially at the dinner table.

<Damn girl. You can go. You not eat Nimitz one day will you>

"Of course not Stinker!"

<Well, don't let Hamish eat me either!>

"Don't be silly Stinker. Why would Hamish want to eat you?"

<Ask him. I overheard him telling Emily that he was going to eat your cat tonight>

" :oops: "

Post by cthia   » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:36 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

"Nimitz, what is the first thing on your bucket list?"

<First thing <on> bucket list <slice> Detweiler <off> bucket list>

Return to Honorverse