Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 154 guests

Merry Christmas

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Merry Christmas
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:34 pm

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

pokermind wrote:Image

from Poker & Mange

Nice -and I really hate the power of Satin - it feels so yucky on the skin - Satin sheets are the worst :o
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:34 pm

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

cthia wrote:
Merry Christmas to all of you wonderful members!

Easy on the spiked eggnog. Hope you've been good and not naughty, or good and naughty. :lol:

Drive Safely If You Must!!!

Remember, designated drivers are your friend.

fallsfromtrees wrote:A very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all members and especially to the Weber family and duckk for the fantastic work they do.

As as aside 4 posts in place of one is certainly a way to boost your post count :mrgreen:

cthia wrote:You are in error that I could give a Boston Butt about post count, or the accompanying rank.

First post was to acknowledge the first poster to show Christmas spirit, Spacekiwi, because I appreciate his starting this thread, and he deserves lone acknowledgment.

Second post was to wish, separately, Mr. Weber and family a Merry Christmas, because, well, he and his family deserve it.

Third post was to separately shine the light on Duckk because, well, he deserves it.

Fourth post was to wish a Merry Christmas to all posters, because, well, all deserve it.

Fifth post is to raise an eyebrow at someone on the naughty list, because rude posts are a way to boost your post count as well. If you care about that sort of thing.

Merry Christmas

I waited two days to reply to this so I was sure I wasn't answering in pique.

First of all, the first part of my post was a set of Merry Christmas greetings to all - clearly the most important part of the post.

Secondly, the twit about post count was a mild jest - as indicated by the mr green smiley at the end of that section. I was well aware that as a Fleet Admiral, you certainly no longer have to worry about post count to get promoted, and the fact that you have continued to post copiously since attaining that rank is an indication that achieving that rank was NOT why you were posting so much - like me, you clearly have a number of opinions that you are not hesitant to express. That said, it does bring to mind a paraphrase of the Bard:
The gentleman doth protest too much methinks

Lastly, if I offended you, I am sorry. That was certainly not my intent.
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Post by cthia   » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:38 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

fallsfromtrees wrote:
cthia wrote:
Merry Christmas to all of you wonderful members!

Easy on the spiked eggnog. Hope you've been good and not naughty, or good and naughty. :lol:

fallsfromtrees wrote:A very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all members and especially to the Weber family and duckk for the fantastic work they do.

As as aside 4 posts in place of one is certainly a way to boost your post count :mrgreen:

cthia wrote:You are in error that I could give a Boston Butt about post count, or the accompanying rank.

First post was to acknowledge the first poster to show Christmas spirit, Spacekiwi, because I appreciate his starting this thread, and he deserves lone acknowledgment.

Second post was to wish, separately, Mr. Weber and family a Merry Christmas, because, well, he and his family deserve it.

Third post was to separately shine the light on Duckk because, well, he deserves it.

Fourth post was to wish a Merry Christmas to all posters, because, well, all deserve it.

Fifth post is to raise an eyebrow at someone on the naughty list, because rude posts are a way to boost your post count as well. If you care about that sort of thing.

Merry Christmas

I waited two days to reply to this so I was sure I wasn't answering in pique.

First of all, the first part of my post was a set of Merry Christmas greetings to all - clearly the most important part of the post.

Secondly, the twit about post count was a mild jest - as indicated by the mr green smiley at the end of that section. I was well aware that as a Fleet Admiral, you certainly no longer have to worry about post count to get promoted, and the fact that you have continued to post copiously since attaining that rank is an indication that achieving that rank was NOT why you were posting so much - like me, you clearly have a number of opinions that you are not hesitant to express. That said, it does bring to mind a paraphrase of the Bard:
The gentleman doth protest too much methinks

Lastly, if I offended you, I am sorry. That was certainly not my intent.

Somehow, I thinks the Bard wouldn't think that way if the Bard was the recipient of so many rude, bitter, disrespectful emails, posts and quips, concerning this same childish thing since he joined the forum. Wethinks. (We, as in me, myself, Cthia and I. We are all annoyed.

Out of 15-20 of them, only two were decent. I'd like to meet those two.

And there it was, Christmas Eve, I'm in the Christmas spirit, surrounded by family and friends and I get another twit. And here I am again, having to defend myself, even the day after Christmas.

I think Duckk should create a Civilian status. There are civvies working with the navy. That way, those concerned won't have to worry about my unprecedented rank, and, perhaps, I won't be defending myself come next Christmas.

A guy can dream.

I'd be the first to resign my post and obtain Civilian status. Would even be the lone wolf, gladly.

If any of you are annoyed by my annoyance.
Then consider how I must feel.

He has a PhD in Engineering. BS degree in Computer Science. He's a civilian so you do not salute him, but you'd better listen to him 'cause the Pentagon does. Dr. Charles Blackwood, callsign Cthia. :D

Top Gun parody, with credentials changed, to protect the truth.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by stewart   » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:56 am

stewart
Captain of the List

cthia wrote:Merry Christmas to all of you wonderful members!

-------------------

As one AA friend of mine said, "If you must drink and drive, Drink Pepsi"

-- Stewart
Post by Howard T. Map-addict   » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:49 pm

Howard T. Map-addict
Rear Admiral

What? and get gas pains in your gut to distract you?

As my doctor once reminded me, the best drink of all is:
Pure Water!

HTM

stewart wrote:

-- Stewart
Post by Howard T. Map-addict   » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:54 pm

Howard T. Map-addict
Rear Admiral

My studies of Hindi have progressed to where I can say:

In Hindi, "merry Christmas" is spelt "meri khristmas"
(or the corresponding letters in the Devanagiri alphabet)
and means "my Christmas" with the implication that
"Christmas" is female, otherwise it would be:
Mera Christmas."

HT Map-addict
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:06 pm

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

Howard T. Map-addict wrote:My studies of Hindi have progressed to where I can say:

In Hindi, "merry Christmas" is spelt "meri khristmas"
(or the corresponding letters in the Devanagiri alphabet)
and means "my Christmas" with the implication that
"Christmas" is female, otherwise it would be:
Mera Christmas."

HT Map-addict

So do they wait on a visit from St. Nicolette?
========================

Post by Jonathan_S   » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:30 pm

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

Howard T. Map-addict wrote:What? and get gas pains in your gut to distract you?

Pure Water!

HTM

stewart wrote:

-- Stewart
Depends on how pure the water is. :D Totally pure water (like the stuff used in chip lithography plants) will leach necessary minerals right out of you (plus apparently tastes horrid).
Post by Hutch   » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:30 pm

Hutch
Vice Admiral

Howard T. Map-addict wrote:What? and get gas pains in your gut to distract you?

Pure Water!

HTM

Jonathan_S wrote:Depends on how pure the water is. :D Totally pure water (like the stuff used in chip lithography plants) will leach necessary minerals right out of you (plus apparently tastes horrid).

I recall the old W.C. Fields quote, "I don't drink water; fish **** in it."

*Pepsi addict here*

Oh, and just a note on the above side-commentary;

fallsfromtrees has been a member for 56 days and has posted 759 times = 13.56 posts per day average.

cthia has been a member for 341 days and has posted 3,203 times = 9.40 per day average.

hutch has been a member here 1495 days and has posted 1,376 times = 0.92 per day average.
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Post by Spacekiwi   » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:55 am

Spacekiwi
Admiral

I feel kind of bad now. I used to have a post rate of around 2.4, until october came round, then I kinda stopped to concentrate on exams and work, and havent had much time to spend around here this christmas. oh well. I still keep up with a few threads, and will probably get into a few more in jan.
`

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
its not paranoia if its justified... :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Return to Honorverse