Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 168 guests

mike henke

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: mike henke
Post by n7axw   » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:01 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

RoseandHeather wrote:

It probably has to do with the difference between "heir presumptive" and "heir apparent". Caitrin's position could be displaced by the birth of Roger's child, and by the time she married, Roger was already heavily involved with Angelique. So though Caitrin was the heir to the Manticoran throne, everyone knew she probably wouldn't stay that way.

My response:

According to "I Will Build My House of Steel", Roger and Angelique and Ed Henke and Caitrin Winton had a double wedding...

So I guess Roger was heavily involved with Angelique when Caitrin married Ed! :lol:

Don
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by akira.taylor   » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:52 pm

akira.taylor
Captain (Junior Grade)

dennis535 wrote:what happened to the law that required that the crown marry a commoner if mike's mother married a lord

Their mother was still alive for the wedding, as I recall. Thus, Roger was heir, Caitrin was 2nd, and not effected by the rule. I don't have House of Steel to check, though.
Post by Jonathan_S   » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:55 pm

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

dennis535 wrote:what happened to the law that required that the crown marry a commoner if mike's mother married a lord

Pretty sure RFC chimed in and said it only applies to the current primary heir.

So because Mike's parents got married before Roger took the throne (IIRC), when Roger was still heir primus, the restriction didn't apply (yet) to Lady Caitrin Winton. It only would have been a problem if she waited to get married until after Roger was crowned (and would have ceased being a problem after he had a kid to supplant her as heir)

If you're already married to a noble when you end up heir (or end up on the throne) it's not a problem - you're both still noble, nobody has to give up their title or get divorced.
Post by Yow   » Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:01 am

Yow
Captain (Junior Grade)

roseandheather wrote:I admit, it is kind of odd to think that Honor is, in fact, older than Elizabeth.

SharkHunter wrote:Ya lost me -- I got that Michelle Henke is older than both Honor and Elizabeth, but not Honor older than Elizabeth? Admittedly I haven't looked it up however...

roseandheather wrote:Presuming that both Honor and Michelle went to the Academy at the usual age (which appears to be seventeen or eighteen, as it is today), they're going to be pretty much of an age, as we know they were in the same graduating class - they have to have been born within a year of each other, and Honor was born in 1859, whereas Elizabeth was born in 1865.

Wow. Honor and Mike are about sixty-two years old.

Cthia's father ~ "Son, do not cater to the common belief that a person has to earn respect. That is not true. You should give every person respect right from the start. What a person has to earn is your continued respect!"

Return to Honorverse