Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: markusschaber and 124 guests

completing a series

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
completing a series
Post by fmfmedic   » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:37 am

fmfmedic
Midshipman

Why start a new series before finishing another? I, and probably quite a few others, have been waiting for the last book, or books, of the Honor Harrington series to find out what happens to Mesa and the Alignment, and the same thing with the Safehold series. Instead we get a new series started, Manticore Assendent. It doesn't seem quite right.
Re: completing a series
Post by kzt   » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:55 am

kzt
Fleet Admiral

They are not exactly connected that way.
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:29 am

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

kzt wrote:They are not exactly connected that way.

I think that Timothy Zahn and Tom Pope are doing most of the writing in the Manticore Ascendent series.
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Post by Jonathan_S   » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:20 am

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

fallsfromtrees wrote:I think that Timothy Zahn and Tom Pope are doing most of the writing in the Manticore Ascendent series.

That's certainly my understanding from the way they talked about the series at Honorcon.

RFC laid out some of the broad background details, and Tom Pope (as head of BuNine) figured out a lot of that era's tech and helps Timothy Zahn stay within the lines while writing the story he wants. :D David is available for consultation, but it's primarily Tim and Tom's show.

Return to Honorverse