Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 149 guests

Firebrand's agenda...

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Firebrand's agenda...
Post by SWM   » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:15 pm

SWM
Fleet Admiral

I think it is unlikely that Firebrand has a suicide protocol. He's a hired hand. He is not inside the Onion at all. He doesn't know enough to be worth giving a suicide protocol.
--------------------------------------------
Librarian: The Original Search Engine
Post by SharkHunter   » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:00 pm

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

n7axw wrote:Not intending to argue the point here, but do we really have textev for Firebrand being in on the onion? That does seem unlikely to me sinse my impression of the guy is that he is a free lancer whose loyalty doesn't go much beyond his paycheck. Not really a very likely candidate for the onion...

Don
If he's not "inside", he still knows enough to validte pretty much all of Manticore and the GA's current assertions: that Mesa and Technodyne were behind Monica and the plots to stir up things in the Talbott sector, what Aldona looks like and how tightly she was in bed Bying, Crandall, etc. Verrochio, Hongbo, etc., and that Mesa is behind the efforts to stir things up in the Verge systems (which the MAlign wants to blame Manticore for). I guess what I am saying is that my opinion is that he's nobody's fool, likely know where there are alot more MAlign connections, and would be on the short list of folks that Henke and Alfredo would like to interview.

Let alone Honor, and Nimitz, who by themselves are scary enough, but if they want they can always turn to the dynamic duo of Cachat and Palane to put some real fear (and likely the need for new underwear) into Damien's world view.
---------------------
All my posts are YMMV, IMHO, and welcoming polite discussion, extension, and rebuttal. This is the HonorVerse, after all
Post by n7axw   » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:27 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

SharkHunter wrote:
n7axw wrote:Not intending to argue the point here, but do we really have textev for Firebrand being in on the onion? That does seem unlikely to me sinse my impression of the guy is that he is a free lancer whose loyalty doesn't go much beyond his paycheck. Not really a very likely candidate for the onion...

Don
If he's not "inside", he still knows enough to validte pretty much all of Manticore and the GA's current assertions: that Mesa and Technodyne were behind Monica and the plots to stir up things in the Talbott sector, what Aldona looks like and how tightly she was in bed Bying, Crandall, etc. Verrochio, Hongbo, etc., and that Mesa is behind the efforts to stir things up in the Verge systems (which the MAlign wants to blame Manticore for). I guess what I am saying is that my opinion is that he's nobody's fool, likely know where there are alot more MAlign connections, and would be on the short list of folks that Henke and Alfredo would like to interview.

Let alone Honor, and Nimitz, who by themselves are scary enough, but if they want they can always turn to the dynamic duo of Cachat and Palane to put some real fear (and likely the need for new underwear) into Damien's world view.

Wile all the things you have listed here are true, they only represent the relatively limited sphere where he has been operating. While he is undoubtedly smart enough to be making some shrewd guesses about things beyond his operational sphere, they would be only guesses. And none of them would imply knowledge of the onion whose purposes he has really been serving.

Don
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by stewart   » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:25 pm

stewart
Captain of the List

n7axw wrote:"SharkHunter"]"n7axw"]Not intending to argue the point here, but do we really have textev for Firebrand being in on the onion? That does seem unlikely to me sinse my impression of the guy is that he is a free lancer whose loyalty doesn't go much beyond his paycheck. Not really a very likely candidate for the onion...

Don

Let alone Honor, and Nimitz, who by themselves are scary enough, but if they want they can always turn to the dynamic duo of Cachat and Palane to put some real fear (and likely the need for new underwear) into Damien's world view.[/quote]

Wile all the things you have listed here are true, they only represent the relatively limited sphere where he has been operating. While he is undoubtedly smart enough to be making some shrewd guesses about things beyond his operational sphere, they would be only guesses. And none of them would imply knowledge of the onion whose purposes he has really been serving.

Don[/quote]

-----------------

What I find amusing, (the irony likely intended by RFC) is Firebrand's accurate predictions of 10th Fleet actions in his statements and his internal dismissal of those actions.
He actually seems to be a superior tactical analyst, who "knows" the other side will NOT be doing his predictions.
Like many others, he underestimates the opposition.
"the file is not the man, the map is not the territory" -- Kevin Usher

-- Stewart

Return to Honorverse