Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 130 guests

Montana Beef, it's whats for dinner

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Montana Beef, it's whats for dinner
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:50 am

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

Hutch wrote:
In regards to the OP, I still think a trilogy would be better.

Book 1 is the Fall of the Solarian League, the Beginnings of the Search for the MAlignment and the beginnings of the RF.

Book 2 is the "MAlignment Strikes Back", where these new 'invincible' ships show up and the RF declares itself, with various disasters and deaths afflicting Our Heroes.

And of course Book 3 is the discovery and defeat of the MAlignment/RF foe and the Triumph of Truth and Justice.

And yes, if that sounds suspiciously like several other trilogies, well,that's because that sort of storyline has been a winner since Oog the Cro-Magnon explained the adventures of his last hunt to his family around the campfire....

And then he could go back, renumber them as books 4, 5, and 6, and then write book 1 as the creation of Manpower, book 2 as its rise to galaxy wide power, and book 3 as the corruption of the SL by them, but ending with the birth of HH as possibly the hope of the future.
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Post by Hutch   » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:14 pm

Hutch
Vice Admiral

fallsfromtrees wrote:
Hutch wrote:
In regards to the OP, I still think a trilogy would be better.

Book 1 is the Fall of the Solarian League, the Beginnings of the Search for the MAlignment and the beginnings of the RF.

Book 2 is the "MAlignment Strikes Back", where these new 'invincible' ships show up and the RF declares itself, with various disasters and deaths afflicting Our Heroes.

And of course Book 3 is the discovery and defeat of the MAlignment/RF foe and the Triumph of Truth and Justice.

And yes, if that sounds suspiciously like several other trilogies, well,that's because that sort of storyline has been a winner since Oog the Cro-Magnon explained the adventures of his last hunt to his family around the campfire....

And then he could go back, renumber them as books 4, 5, and 6, and then write book 1 as the creation of Manpower, book 2 as its rise to galaxy wide power, and book 3 as the corruption of the SL by them, but ending with the birth of HH as possibly the hope of the future.

Well-Played, Sir!!! I salute you!
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Post by lelder5   » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:27 pm

lelder5
Ensign

As I had hoped this forum has suggested some sub-plots that might be part of the next book. I'm skeptical about mike beating the Andies to Mesa, though the argument is pretty good but not concrete. I think it would be more intertaining if the Andies got there first. The main plot line will most likely be the battle of Beowulf and the consequenses for the Sollies. There is also the cabal of SL officers looking into the whole Mesan Alignment thing and what they can find out and the impact on the Sollies. I expect thatthey will find plenty have extreme adventures and be written off as a bunch of nutballs. They may break-off a chunk of the SLnavy and join it to the alliance, but I doubt they will stop the break-up of the leauge
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:27 pm

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

lelder5 wrote:As I had hoped this forum has suggested some sub-plots that might be part of the next book. I'm skeptical about mike beating the Andies to Mesa, though the argument is pretty good but not concrete. I think it would be more entertaining if the Andies got there first. The main plot line will most likely be the battle of Beowulf and the consequences for the Sollies. There is also the cabal of SL officers looking into the whole Mesan Alignment thing and what they can find out and the impact on the Sollies. I expect thatthey will find plenty have extreme adventures and be written off as a bunch of nutballs. They may break-off a chunk of the SLnavy and join it to the alliance, but I doubt they will stop the break-up of the league

I doubt that they are going to be senior enough to break off a chunk of the SLN, and a couple of them are marines or gendarmes, with no influence on the SLN.
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Post by n7axw   » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:31 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Daud and his fellow conspirators are interesting, aren't they? As low as they are on the totem pole, one wonders just what they can accomplish. And yet unless RFC simply included them only as POV characters, they will have a role in the story somehow. The question is what.

Don
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by SharkHunter   » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:14 am

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

n7axw wrote:Daud and his fellow conspirators are interesting, aren't they? As low as they are on the totem pole, one wonders just what they can accomplish. And yet unless RFC simply included them only as POV characters, they will have a role in the story somehow. The question is what.

Don
Given that RFC has been tracking them through multiple books, we'll find that even the SLN has some white hats. The question is, what impact will they have when the Mandarin's house of cards really really begins to fall?
---------------------
All my posts are YMMV, IMHO, and welcoming polite discussion, extension, and rebuttal. This is the HonorVerse, after all
Post by lelder5   » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:23 pm

lelder5
Ensign

Back to sub-plots and old characters, what if Norbrant (narcissitic nut-ball sociopath) gets into the new quadrant guard and gets to ship out to Mobius to relieve the marines, trying to hold the lid on. Might make for an interesting tail.
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:50 pm

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

lelder5 wrote:Back to sub-plots and old characters, what if Norbrant (narcissitic nut-ball sociopath) gets into the new quadrant guard and gets to ship out to Mobius to relieve the marines, trying to hold the lid on. Might make for an interesting tail.

Dear Dear Agnes will never bail on the FAK - she will fight it out to the bitter end. More interesting would be to see the reaction of her followers when it is proved that she has been accepting money and arms from Mesa and the OFS. Possibility with the suggestion that she had cut a deal with OFS to make her planetary supervisor after they had taken over. (All of this info found in the archives on Meyers of course).
========================

Return to Honorverse