Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 98 guests

Those In The Shadows: Favorite Minor Characters

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Those In The Shadows: Favorite Minor Characters
Post by cthia   » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:22 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

I really liked Honor's financial advisor, Willard Neufsteiler. Besides being brilliant, I loved his sense of humor.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Hutch   » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:14 pm

Hutch
Vice Admiral

Captain Molly DeLaney, Lester Tourville's Chief of Staff.

She Wants those MAligment bastiches nearly as bad as Honor does. And for some reason, she just strikes as being a basically decent character.
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Post by roseandheather   » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:45 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

Hutch wrote:Captain Molly DeLaney, Lester Tourville's Chief of Staff.

She Wants those MAligment bastiches nearly as bad as Honor does. And for some reason, she just strikes as being a basically decent character.

*cough*

MOLLY DeLANEY AND ALLEN HIGGINS!!!

You may now return to your regularly scheduled programming.
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by Hutch   » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:51 pm

Hutch
Vice Admiral

roseandheather wrote:
Hutch wrote:Captain Molly DeLaney, Lester Tourville's Chief of Staff.

*cough*

MOLLY DeLANEY AND ALLEN HIGGINS!!!

I could live with that. Albeit I had Geneviene Chin paired with Admiral Higgins.

Dear dog, she has me doing it AGAIN! :o 8-)
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Post by JeffEngel   » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:00 pm

JeffEngel
Admiral

Hutch wrote:
roseandheather wrote:MOLLY DeLANEY AND ALLEN HIGGINS!!!

I could live with that. Albeit I had Geneviene Chin paired with Admiral Higgins.

Dear dog, she has me doing it AGAIN! :o 8-)

Admirals Chin and Higgins would be an interesting meeting. They'd each be terribly, terribly afraid that the other would be about to inflict some sort of naval disaster on them. :)
Post by cthia   » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:16 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:
Chaser617 wrote:Aubrey Wanderman. I'm glad he's still around even if we don't see him very much. To be honest the entire crew of Midshipmen/women from Hexapuma, not just Helen. Thankfully save for Ragnild they are all still with us...

Oh my. I'm in the holiday spirit and all extra mushy and you just had to go and mention Ronnie. Oh my Ronnie. I so loved her. And I would have married her too, I would've. I just love her to pieces. I do. I simply do says I. 'sigh'

Now for my wet two cents ...

I adore the little sweet minx that handled the calvarous wormhole transit of Honor Harrington's elements to save the Home System in the Battle of Manticore.

Very loose paraphrase "Great Caesars ghost! WTH! Boys and girls, we're gonna be havin' lots o' company. Lots!"

That little lass should have gotten some sort of medal herself, for her own little courage under fire. At least extraordinary mention.

So, raise your glasses me fellow Honorites, here's to her.

klink klink klink ...

roseandheather wrote:You're thinking of Stephania Grimm, whom I also adore and who was next on my list. :D

Yes! That's her! Thanks Rose.

I suppose we could say Stephania was in a Grimm mood.
Or perhaps she was transiting the Grimm reaper herself, Honor.
Perhaps, also in uniform, were her brothers Grimm?

Excuse me Peeps, things are beginning to spin and look a bit grimm to me. Need to lay off the sauce. House full of company, and belly full of brandy and eggnog.

Karaoke all night long. And all the girls want to do Taylor Swift.

I'll never get Blank Space out of my head.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by niethil   » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:21 am

niethil
Commander

roseandheather wrote:You're thinking of Stephania Grimm, whom I also adore and who was next on my list. :D

I had completely forgotten about her. But I remember her colleague Michel Reynaud of course.
-------------
'Oh, oh' he said in English. Evidently, he had completely mastered that language.
Post by cthia   » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:16 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Don't know if MacGuiness is a minor character, but he's a favorite.

It would be nice if he had a love interest, to do another type cooking. He's earned it.

MacGuiness' mistress Mistress Thorn has a ring tone.

Post by n7axw   » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:16 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

fallsfromtrees wrote:
Chaser617 wrote:Aubrey Wanderman. I'm glad he's still around even if we don't see him very much. To be honest the entire crew of Midshipmen/women from Hexapuma, not just Helen. Thankfully save for Ragnild they are all still with us...

I'm sorry, but Ansten Fitzgerald, and many of the others on Hexapuma dies when the ship was destroyed during Oyster Bay. Aikawa was on leave and survived, and of course Paulo and Ginger were among those evacuated during hte Weyland drill, and so survived, but Hexapuma was destroyed with all hands.

Hi falls fromtrees,

Just wanted to comment here... Aubrey Wanderman was on Weyland assigned to fabrication when OB rolled in. Therefore he would have been evacuated as part of the exercise and would have survived.

Don
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:13 pm

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

fallsfromtrees wrote:I'm sorry, but Ansten Fitzgerald, and many of the others on Hexapuma dies when the ship was destroyed during Oyster Bay. Aikawa was on leave and survived, and of course Paulo and Ginger were among those evacuated during hte Weyland drill, and so survived, but Hexapuma was destroyed with all hands.

n7axw wrote:Hi falls fromtrees,

Just wanted to comment here... Aubrey Wanderman was on Weyland assigned to fabrication when OB rolled in. Therefore he would have been evacuated as part of the exercise and would have survived.

Don

Don,

I had taken that as a given since he was the primary subject of this section of posts. I just wanted to point out that most of the Hexapuma people had died witht he ship during OB.
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln

Return to Honorverse