Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 29 guests

Mesan Alignment Sector

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Mesan Alignment Sector
Post by james99   » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:02 am

james99
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

We have at this point no idea how big the MAN is. It may be 1/4 or more or less of the Solarian League and it may be core planets. Granted the core system is Darius and the planet Gamma. But how many planets have alpha, beta or gamma genomes in their leadership? We know that close to a dozen systems have MA leadership and of all the systems Mannerheim has the largest navy. We also know in the Darius system they are building warships of the Detweiler class. That may be in the super dreadnought class??
Re: Mesan Alignment Sector
Post by Brigade XO   » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:30 am

Brigade XO
Fleet Admiral

Darius is the only planet we know of that is fully Alignment. Even at that, the majority of population there is slaves that don't know they are slaves even if everybody there seems to be some version of Alignment modified lines.

The leadership- and that would be a very small percentage- of the RF systems are Alignment. In the case of Mannerheim we also know that a number of the SDF officers (from Sr down to Jr.) are Alignment and know they are. While that certainly will give the Alignment a lot of ability to direct things, it doesn't make a sizable portion of the Mannerheim population Alignment.

That makes me wonder just how the Alignment is tracking both the direct (active and inactive) agents/lines outside of Darius and what modifications/lines have been introduced to other populations. If they intend to "uplift" humans, and one of the goals is to introduce various Alignment modification into populations as part of this, how are they managing this. The plan seems to be that humans will end up as parts of one or another of various lines or broad classification designed for something specific. Very much a Cast system an essentialy permanent as defined by the genetic work built in to the individuals. We have seen thoughts of different people indicating that billions are going to die and most of the rest are going to be little more than material to be used so I expect that it doesn't matter to the Alignment when a lot of people who have Alignment modifications die, they will be replaced by better or at least more usefull (to the Alignment) models.

As long as the majority of or a sufficient number of the people of any system follow the Alignment seeded leaderships, it doesn't matter if they are Alignment or not.
Post by Zakharra   » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:05 pm

Zakharra
Captain of the List

james99 wrote:We have at this point no idea how big the MAN is. It may be 1/4 or more or less of the Solarian League and it may be core planets. Granted the core system is Darius and the planet Gamma. But how many planets have alpha, beta or gamma genomes in their leadership? We know that close to a dozen systems have MA leadership and of all the systems Mannerheim has the largest navy. We also know in the Darius system they are building warships of the Detweiler class. That may be in the super dreadnought class??

As Brigade said, as long as some of the leadership of the worlds are MAlign sleepers, the planet has a chance of being, unofficially, MAlign. If the populations knew who they leaders were really loyal too, those leaders would be lynched. Hence the need for secrecy of those leaders. As for the number of planets that have MAlign leaders <insert secret handshake and decoder ring code>, I wouldn't put that at more than a couple of dozen. The more of their people they try to get put into place the more chances of a break in security. Especially since with democracies, it is a lot harder to guarantee the voter outcomes you want while keeping all of it a secret.

But the MAN? That is tiny. Really tiny especially compared to the SEM, Grayson, RH, the Andermani Empire and the SL. Quality wise, it is above the SLN (almost anyone is but hey, the SLN had a -huge- Navy), but still below the GA ships (even the RHN is better unless the MEN has some new sorts of missiles that are better than anything out there) but the numbers of ships? The MAN certainly isn't a interstellar conquering navy, its more of a very powerful SDF at the moment.
Post by james99   » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:55 pm

james99

I agree that "improved genomes" of the MAN are a tiny fraction of a planets population. It may, however, be a large number of the planets leadership.
Post by Armed Neo-Bob   » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:07 pm

Armed Neo-Bob
Captain of the List

james99 wrote:I agree that "improved genomes" of the MAN are a tiny fraction of a planets population. It may, however, be a large number of the planets leadership.

Eh? I thought it was only a tiny fraction of even Mesa's government. All they want to do for most of them is guide them in the right direction. At New Tuscany, that took only one agent. . .

Rob
Post by Armed Neo-Bob   » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:13 pm

Armed Neo-Bob
Captain of the List

Brigade XO wrote:<snip>
That makes me wonder just how the Alignment is tracking both the direct (active and inactive) agents/lines outside of Darius and what modifications/lines have been introduced to other populations.
<snip>
As long as the majority of or a sufficient number of the people of any system follow the Alignment seeded leaderships, it doesn't matter if they are Alignment or not.

A wonderful question. Wouldn't it be great if McBryde's cyber attack not only hit the "threat" files, but also the "asset in place" files?

Regards,

Rob
Post by james99   » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:45 pm

james99

For those that know they are members of an leadership genome the treecats may be able to identify them. I think that will be a potent weapon of the Grand Alliance.
Post by Valen123456   » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:14 pm

Valen123456
Lieutenant Commander

james99 wrote:For those that know they are members of an leadership genome the treecats may be able to identify them. I think that will be a potent weapon of the Grand Alliance.

That still however is dependent of large numbers of Non-Manticoran people (who number in the trillions I should point out) believing that the Treecat's identification works, and is not some GA made up cover for their imperialist power grabs (to quote present/future Solarian newscasts).

The best version I can come up with along this line, is that the GA learns of the Renaissance Factor and outs them on at the same time the Factor is publicly launched. That or having some form of genetic key or sequence that identifies Alignment Alpha lines. All they have to do is get that info spread wide enough and the planets own populations will either lynch their leaders or turn them out of office.

That would spell total failure of the Alignments plans since it is via the Factors good PR image that they intend to replace the League.
Post by Weird Harold   » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:18 pm

Weird Harold
Fleet Admiral

james99 wrote:We have at this point no idea how big the MAN is.

Yes we do. There is Darius and the twelve systems of the Renaissance Factor. Minus Mesa which has been abandoned by the MAlign even though it has the highest percentage of "star lines" other than Darius.

The MAN, Mesan Alignment Navy, consists of the System Defense forces of the Renaissance Factor, lead by the Mannerheim SDF. The Spider Drive equipped ships and other weapons built or under construction at Darius are also part of the MAN, but will not be integrated with the conventional forces until the RF is firmly established and the GA neutralized. They may be used to neutralize the GA, but as a separate covert attack force.

As to the percentage of MAlign genomes in any given system, it is only relevant as to the percentage of those in charge. Darius is a model of how the MAlign eventually wants all of human space organized; Just about half the population are genetic slaves, the rest Alph, Beta and Gamma lines.

Mission of Honor (eARC)
Chapter Thirty-eight wrote:
By now, the Darius System's total population was in the very near vicinity of 3.9 billion, of whom just under two billion were representatives of one of the alpha, beta, or gamma genomes the Alignment had worked to improve for so long. The remainder of the system population were genetic slaves, but the conditions of their slavery were very unlike those which obtained elsewhere. For one thing, they were treated far better, without the often savage discipline slaves often received elsewhere. In fact, the Darius System was one of the very few places where the Mesan Constitution's official legal protections theoretically intended to protect slaves from gross mistreatment were actually enforced. For another, they had a much higher standard of living. And for yet another, they formed the backbone of a highly trained, highly skilled labor force which had earned the respect of its supervisors.

As long as MAlign Übermensch are in charge, the "normals" don't count.
Answers! I got lots of answers!

(Now if I could just find the right questions.)
Post by Weird Harold   » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:26 pm

Weird Harold
Fleet Admiral

Valen123456 wrote:... and the planets own populations will either lynch their leaders or turn them out of office.

You have a very idealistic view of human nature: If the Star Line leaders are perceived as good for their constituents, no amount of rumor, innuendo, or verifiable facts will cause them to rise up against their leaders.

If public outrage were as simple as you make it out to be, the composition of the US Congress and other legislative bodies around the world would be considerably different from the agglomeration of pure politicians they are now; nor would most of the dictators and autocrats of history survived, let alone become national heroes.
Answers! I got lots of answers!

(Now if I could just find the right questions.)

Return to Honorverse