Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jonathan_S and 87 guests

Command Slots

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Command Slots
Post by stewart   » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:17 am

stewart
Captain of the List

fallsfromtrees wrote:---------------

I will go back and look, but I believe Styles as "allowed" to resign rather than face Court Martial.
Resignation is NOT retirement.

-- Stewart

True enough. But do you think that the Janacek admiralty wouldn't try to rehabilitate the officer the Harrington had "so unfairly maligned" in her report after the escape from Hades.[/quote]

--------------

Resignation is a permanent condition. Styles "could" be a senior advisor (if anyone, even the CA would have him), but he would not be back in an RMN uniform.

-- Stewart
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:36 am

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

stewart wrote:
fallsfromtrees wrote:---------------

I will go back and look, but I believe Styles as "allowed" to resign rather than face Court Martial.
Resignation is NOT retirement.

-- Stewart

True enough. But do you think that the Janacek admiralty wouldn't try to rehabilitate the officer the Harrington had "so unfairly maligned" in her report after the escape from Hades.

--------------

Resignation is a permanent condition. Styles "could" be a senior advisor (if anyone, even the CA would have him), but he would not be back in an RMN uniform.

-- Stewart[/quote]
The Janacek admiralty could easily have said "Hi resignation was forced, and we are therefore correcting the wrong committed against this individual by rescinding the resignation. It might well have done this as a method of striking out at Honor in an effort to discredit her. Do I think this happened off stage? No. There is no textev for it, but given the nature of the High Ridge governement, and its desire for anything with which to hammer Honor, I do consider it possible.
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Post by Annachie   » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:43 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Andrea Jaruwalski might have been put through the crusher as part of working for Honor at the place.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Draken   » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:56 am

Draken
Commander

She should have completed ATC, cus she is operational officer for Honor and she was creating plans and simulations for 8th and Grand Fleet. Without finished ATC that would be hard.
Post by roseandheather   » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:39 am

roseandheather
Admiral

Vince wrote:
Draken wrote:Known full admirals and vice:
Caparelli, Chakabrati, Terrible Sonja, Toscarelli, Honor, Truman, White Haven, Higgins, Henke, Khumalo. Grayson are: Yanakov, Yu, Caslet. Haven: Theisman, Toureville, Diamato, Foraker. These are ones which I'm sure that they're admirals.
Officers on fast track for flag rank Scotty, Jaruwalski, Terekhow. To be updated tomorrow.
There should be at least one more four star admiral, cus we need somebody with enough seniority so he doesn't have similar problems to Honor on Hell. Grayson and Manticore will create one TF and Haven another for one fleet and similar to other one. I'm thinking about something similar to 21st Army Group in the early days of Overlord. One army was from US and another from other allies.

You forgot two full admirals for Grayson: Fleet Admiral Honor Alexander-Harrington and Admiral Hamish Alexander-Harrington (the fact that Grayson made White Haven an admiral in the GSN was one of things that ticked off Janacek).

Also for Grayson (All from House of Steel): Admiral Cornelius Browning (Office of Shipbuilding), Admiral Austin Roberts (Office of Intelligence), Vice Admiral Justin Ackroyd (Office of Personnel), Admiral William Gaffney (Office of Technology), Admiral Leon Garret (System Defense Command) - first seen in The Honor of the Queen, Vice Admiral Thomas Albert, (Systems Command).

Note: I am not including Vice Admiral Mark Brentworth, as House of Steel lists him as CO Blackbird Yard. Inferred as being in the same conference with High Admiral Wesley Matthews when the Mesan Alignment destroyed Blackbird and killed the High Admiral.

Plus for Haven: Admiral Genevieve Chin (last seen in text at the Battle of Manticore, but mentioned as surviving in Mission of Honor).

Admiral Pascaline L'anglais (Capital Fleet), Vice Admirals Jennifer Bellefuille, Sampson Hermier and. All mentioned in A Rising Thunder (along with Vice Admiral Oliver Diamato who was already on your list) just before Filareta came to call.

Admiral Marquette, Chief of the Naval Staff and Vice Admiral Linda Trenis, head of the Bureau of Planning (responsible for NavInt), both mentioned in At All Costs.

And for Manticore: Admiral Sir Lucien Cortez (5th Space Lord), Vice Admiral Jessup Blaine (CO Task Force 302, Lynx Terminus Station before the Lynx Terminus fortresses were complete), Vice Admiral Quentin O'Malley (CO of Task Group 302.1 [battlecruiser squadron], part of the Lynx Terminus Station forces), Vice Admiral Lilian Danvers (3rd Space Lord), Admiral Mark Sarnow (CO of 9th Fleet and governor of the Silesian Sector in the Queen’s name), Vice Admiral Frederick Ormskirk (6th Space Lord), Vice Admiral Allen Mannock (7th Space Lord).

Don't forget Yancey Parks. Granted, it's entirely possible he was killed during First Manticore or Oyster Bay, but he might have survived, too. Yeah, he was kind of a dick, but he's also a more than capable combat commander, and I'll bet the White Haven admiralty could use him right about now.

Now leave me alone, I'm busy crying over Mark Brentworth.
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by Dafmeister   » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:27 am

Dafmeister
Commodore

fallsfromtrees wrote:The Janacek admiralty could easily have said "Hi resignation was forced, and we are therefore correcting the wrong committed against this individual by rescinding the resignation. It might well have done this as a method of striking out at Honor in an effort to discredit her. Do I think this happened off stage? No. There is no textev for it, but given the nature of the High Ridge governement, and its desire for anything with which to hammer Honor, I do consider it possible.

I think that would be very difficult to pull off. If Styles felt he was innocent of the charges, he should have faced the court-martial and argued his case. Resigning to avoid the court-martial meant that either he thought the charges were justified, or he lacked the moral fibre to defend himself. Either way, he forfeits the respect due to his rank and is unfit for command.
Post by Draken   » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:46 am

Draken
Commander

If Styles would be pulled back by Janacek & Co. That would be catastrophe, because every JAG, flag officer and peers in Parliament will be furious. No government can discuss with law and courts, similar to Janacek attack on Honor guards.
Post by SWM   » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:06 am

SWM
Fleet Admiral

If Styles came back, he could be court-martialed. Sounds like a good idea. :D
--------------------------------------------
Librarian: The Original Search Engine
Post by roseandheather   » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:09 am

roseandheather
Admiral

SWM wrote:If Styles came back, he could be court-martialed. Sounds like a good idea. :D

*YES-PLEASE-THIS.gif*
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by Armed Neo-Bob   » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:39 am

Armed Neo-Bob
Captain of the List

Draken wrote:If Styles would be pulled back by Janacek & Co. That would be catastrophe, because every JAG, flag officer and peers in Parliament will be furious. No government can discuss with law and courts, similar to Janacek attack on Honor guards.

This is a little unclear. If Styles were retained on active status, Harrington (as acting CO) would have initiated a court martial procedure, and he would have been gone before Janacek and crew came into office.

Janacek has his flaws, but he is too smart (as a political animal) to have wasted the effort and political capital it would take to resurrect someone who couldn't do anything whatever to promote his (Janacek's) agenda.

Recall that he didn't even balk for a second at sending Young's cousin to prison for decades, after Zilwicki brought the Manpower data back.

YMMV,

Rob

Return to Honorverse