Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 30 guests

I'm back

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
I'm back
Post by DianeSilva   » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:28 am

DianeSilva
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

After being a away from the forum for a bit I'm now on the next few books in the Honor HRrington Series.I finished Field of Dishonor and am now on Flag in Exile. I am ver much enjoying Honor"a story. I sure was glad Pavel young got his just desserts. He was such a bonehead. Honor certInly has made her share of enemies but she isSo resilient and tough. Love Nimitz the tree at. I always look forward to reading about. Think I'm going to get the boob The Treecat War. Should be a great read
Re: I'm back
Post by n7axw   » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:51 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

DianeSilva wrote:After being a away from the forum for a bit I'm now on the next few books in the Honor HRrington Series.I finished Field of Dishonor and am now on Flag in Exile. I am ver much enjoying Honor"a story. I sure was glad Pavel young got his just desserts. He was such a bonehead. Honor certInly has made her share of enemies but she isSo resilient and tough. Love Nimitz the tree at. I always look forward to reading about. Think I'm going to get the boob The Treecat War. Should be a great read

Treecat wars is a great read. With that series, though, I would read "A Beautiful Friendship" first. That starts you off in proper sequence. Stephanie Harrington is great!

Don
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:42 pm

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

n7axw wrote:
DianeSilva wrote:After being a away from the forum for a bit I'm now on the next few books in the Honor HRrington Series.I finished Field of Dishonor and am now on Flag in Exile. I am ver much enjoying Honor"a story. I sure was glad Pavel young got his just desserts. He was such a bonehead. Honor certInly has made her share of enemies but she isSo resilient and tough. Love Nimitz the tree at. I always look forward to reading about. Think I'm going to get the boob The Treecat War. Should be a great read

Treecat wars is a great read. With that series, though, I would read "A Beautiful Friendship" first. That starts you off in proper sequence. Stephanie Harrington is great!

Don

Actually Treecat Wars in the third in the series. The proper order is A Beautiful Freindship, Fire Season, and then Treecat Wars.
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Post by Theemile   » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:00 pm

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

fallsfromtrees wrote:Actually Treecat Wars in the third in the series. The proper order is A Beautiful Freindship, Fire Season, and then Treecat Wars.

Actually, I would recommend starting with the original Short story by the same name in one of the anthologies - it covers the same thing, but the book has so much more it has a different feeling (I alway like to compare and contrast such stories). I would also recommend reading "The Stray" short story - it ties into the book version of "A Beautiful Friendship several times and would be a good idea to read after the original SS but before the full book.
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Post by George J. Smith   » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:59 am

George J. Smith
Commodore

Theemile wrote:
fallsfromtrees wrote:Actually Treecat Wars in the third in the series. The proper order is A Beautiful Freindship, Fire Season, and then Treecat Wars.

Actually, I would recommend starting with the original Short story by the same name in one of the anthologies - it covers the same thing, but the book has so much more it has a different feeling (I alway like to compare and contrast such stories). I would also recommend reading "The Stray" short story - it ties into the book version of "A Beautiful Friendship several times and would be a good idea to read after the original SS but before the full book.

I agree Theemile but would suggest reading the first part of "A Beautiful Friendship" novel (as it has a lot more detail and additional material) then "The Stray" before reading the last part of A Beautiful Friendship.

T&R
GJS
T&R
GJS

A man should live forever, or die in the attempt
Spider Robinson Callahan's Crosstime Saloon (1977) A voice is heard in Ramah

Return to Honorverse