Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 48 guests

So...Who Dies next?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: So...Who Dies next?
Post by cthia   » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:17 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

SWM wrote:
Oh, I'm not saying it couldn't happen. It's not implausible at all. I'm just picturing a big Detweiler headsmack if it does. :)

:lol:
Oh trust me, I do understand the Detweiler headsmack if it did happen, courtesy of Tierney ... again ... but because of that particular little brainstorming session with her, I've come to the conclusion that it'd lead to finding the MALign bolthole and ending piracy ...

Tierney: They can't knock off the Hauptmans Uncle.

Cthia: Why?

Tierney: It would be an even bigger mistake than the Havenites assassinating King Roger and getting Elizabeth in return for their troubles, and the ensuing asswhipping. Honor would end up in control of the Hauptman fortune. A naval officer, the Salamander, in control of the Hauptman fortune, who already has a few bones to pick with them. She'll spend every Hauptman credit searching for their lair.

Cthia: So, she still has to find them. Just like everyone else. How do you suppose she'll do that?

Tierney: For one, she can recruit every known pirate and put them on her payroll to search every backwater system for anything fishy. She'll pay them well Uncle. Suddenly, there won't be a single pirate doing anything else other than trying to collect an unheard of bounty on Detweiler's head. And they wouldn't even have to bring him in. Oh no, all Honor would want is location. "Leave the killing to me." Traditional piracy won't be considered lucrative anymore. Not compared to working for a royally pissed off scorned Salamander.

2. HD commercials. >Any information leading to the location of the MALign will result in a filthy rich crew. Filthier than you already are.<

3. Even greedy Solarians will be eligible for employment.

Cthia: :o Yea! Hey, then I sure hope it does happen!

Tierney: :roll:

My sister: :roll: You two! :roll:

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:40 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Hutch wrote:[snip]

Emily: It would clear up the marriage picture, but I'd just as soon cure Emily than kill her.

Um, Hutch, what needs to be cleared up in that marriage? Oh, I agree that full recovery by Emily would be sweet ... but, Emily has suffered enough, and deserves a little happiness. Honor is really good for that marriage. She literaly helped infuse it with life. Two lives. And Emily has found another reason to live. She crossed a lot of bridges. You can't kill her now.

Although, if I overthink it, RFC could have had Emily leave Hamish a legacy before she is killed.

Doh!

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Roguevictory   » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:40 pm

Roguevictory
Captain of the List

SWM wrote:Oh, I'm not saying it couldn't happen. It's not implausible at all. I'm just picturing a big Detweiler headsmack if it does. :)

Even more hilarious would be if the news arrives on a day everything seems to be going right for the MA. The Detweiler family is having a party to celebrate. They are sipping their drinks when the news switches to a story about Klaus' death and the suspicion he was assassinated. Beverages are spewed everywhere.
Post by Vince   » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:42 pm

Vince
Vice Admiral

cthia wrote:

Emily: It would clear up the marriage picture, but I'd just as soon cure Emily than kill her.

Um, Hutch, what needs to be cleared up in that marriage? Oh, I agree that full recovery by Emily would be sweet ... but, Emily has suffered enough, and deserves a little happiness. Honor is really good for that marriage. She literaly helped infuse it with life. Two lives. And Emily has found another reason to live. She crossed a lot of bridges. You can't kill her now.

Although, if I overthink it, RFC could have had Emily leave Hamish a legacy before she is killed.

Doh!

Emily already has given Hamish (and Honor as well) a legacy (the result of some prompting by Honor's mother). The legacy is named Katherine Alexander-Harrington.
-------------------------------------------------------------
History does not repeat itself so much as it echoes.
Post by Joat42   » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:44 am

Joat42
Admiral

You want a real tearjerker?

Nimitz is captured and dies horribly during dissection by the MAlign. :twisted:

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by Eagleeye   » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:01 am

Eagleeye
Commodore

Joat42 wrote:You want a real tearjerker?

Nimitz is captured and dies horribly during dissection by the MAlign. :twisted:

Nimitz can't be captured without Honor, too ... you know that, do you?
Post by strapakai   » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:08 am

strapakai
Ensign

Honor could die and Nimitz adopt Raoul.
Post by Annachie   » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:00 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Captain George R R Martin. He should be next. :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by SWM   » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:14 am

SWM
Fleet Admiral

Lt. Redd Schert. :lol:
--------------------------------------------
Librarian: The Original Search Engine
Post by cthia   » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:19 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:

Doh!

Vince wrote:
Emily already has given Hamish (and Honor as well) a legacy (the result of some prompting by Honor's mother). The legacy is named Katherine Alexander-Harrington.

Indeed Vince. That's what I was referring to.

But my point is, that RFC may have intended that to set us up for Emily's death.

Return to Honorverse