Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 57 guests

So...Who Dies next?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: So...Who Dies next?
Post by stewart   » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:48 am

stewart
Captain of the List

cthia wrote:The Salamander has made many enemies all throughout the Honorverse, and on (how many planets?) ...

1. Manticore
2. Haven
3. Terra
4. Mesa
5. Masada
6. Grayson

If I missed any, forgive me. Honor's been a good girl, but the Salamander - she's been very very naughty.

The human brain can fuel anger endlessly. If some entities wanted to really hurt Honor - and they do - then the next to die will be both of Hamish's babies. :o

(shhhh close that curtain there's a mob out there!)

-------------

Cthia --
Stand by for the likely assault and pummeling you can expect from Rose&H
although I expect that the "small squad" of Grayson Armsmen (and Armswomen) just MIGHT prove more capable than the bad guys would count on.
Of course that will just light-off Honor's inner monster (and likely Alfred's as well) to a truly formidable response.

-- Stewart
Post by SharkHunter   » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:24 am

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

I'm in agreement with fallsfromtrees that our happy havoc raisers on Mesa are safe for now. You can bet that before any Mesan holdouts in orbit gets a chance to get trigger happy, at least part of Tenth Fleet will have been informed where they are at on planet and either parked a few RMN ships in a defensive position, or informed any MSN ships within kinetic strike range of Neu Rostok that they really ought to dropping their wedge, scuttling, and abandoning ship, say, in the next 45 secons or so...
---------------------
All my posts are YMMV, IMHO, and welcoming polite discussion, extension, and rebuttal. This is the HonorVerse, after all
Post by George J. Smith   » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:43 am

George J. Smith
Commodore

fallsfromtrees wrote:
George J. Smith wrote:In a last minute act of defiance one of the MA minions unleashes a multi-megaton KEW strike on the Neue Rostok tower and kills everyone including our band of stalwart warriors.
:twisted: :evil:

T&R
GJS

Not bloody likely with Gold Peak currently in orbit. Even if the Board directed it, the commander in orbit would decline to commit suicide.

But what if the minion was a Frenchman :lol: ( GAUL :twisted: )

T&R
GJS
T&R
GJS

A man should live forever, or die in the attempt
Spider Robinson Callahan's Crosstime Saloon (1977) A voice is heard in Ramah
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:43 pm

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

George J. Smith wrote:In a last minute act of defiance one of the MA minions unleashes a multi-megaton KEW strike on the Neue Rostok tower and kills everyone including our band of stalwart warriors.

T&R
GJS
Not bloody likely with Gold Peak currently in orbit. Even if the Board directed it, the commander in orbit would decline to commit suicide.

T&R
GJS

Still not likely, as there appears to be no protection of Houdini involved, and he wouldn't throw away his life to no purpose. Besides, all of the GAULs have left for Darius, since staying behind could lead to the compromise of Houdini.
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Post by saber964   » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:42 pm

saber964
Admiral

fallsfromtrees wrote:

T&R
GJS

T&R
GJS

Still not likely, as there appears to be no protection of Houdini involved, and he wouldn't throw away his life to no purpose. Besides, all of the GAULs have left for Darius, since staying behind could lead to the compromise of Houdini.

My guess with the GAUL's is that most if not all of those left on Mesa are dead because they did't get 'pinged'.
Post by Imaginos1892   » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:46 am

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

Oh come on, everybody knows who dies next:

Joe Buckley!
Post by n7axw   » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:13 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Imaginos1892 wrote:Oh come on, everybody knows who dies next:

Joe Buckley!

Joe Buckley obviosly has more lives than a cat!! :o

Don
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by cthia   » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:01 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

n7axw wrote:
Imaginos1892 wrote:
Oh come on, everybody knows who dies next:

Joe Buckley!

Joe Buckley obviosly has more lives than a cat!! :o

Don

Because Joe Buckley never dies a real death. He dies a comic book death.

It's called Bucking the system. :lol:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comic_book_death

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by pokermind   » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:19 am

pokermind
Fleet Admiral

Chief. "Cthia, cthia, your pun-decitus strikes again, good for a chuckle, what the He double tooth picks :lol:"

Mange, <Puns are such low humor compared to elaborate practical jokes like Laughs Brightly's. Who can forget his classic stuffed treecat toy mangled by the cultivator :lol: >

"They also tend to fall flat on their face for our fellow members for whom English is their second language, just saying."

Poker & Mange
CPO Poker Mind Image and, Mangy Fur the Smart Alick Spacecat.

"Better to be hung for a hexapuma than a housecat," Com. Pang Yau-pau, ART.
Post by n7axw   » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:32 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:Because Joe Buckley never dies a real death. He dies a comic book death.

It's called Bucking the system. :lol:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comic_book_death

No... its buckling the system! :twisted:

Don
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.

Return to Honorverse