Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: tlb and 71 guests

Point of View: Wishes and Likes

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Point of View: Wishes and Likes
Post by cthia   » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:17 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Speaking of Miranda, I loved her POV re how Honor should have handled her problems with Solomon Hayes. She thought more like a treecat.

"I know someone who can break his legs!"

I don't know if Miranda had a treecat name, but it should have been Thinks like People.

I miss Miranda. I simply do.

Not so insignificant a consolation, however, that her love for Honor was so strong that she was among the people whose love Honor felt thru her link with Nimitz.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:24 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

More of Miranda's POV of just how much she loved Honor would have been ... mouth wateringly heart warming.

Perhaps Miranda would have been open to a bit of - how shall I say? - sensual exploration with Honor.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by saber964   » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:20 pm

saber964
Admiral

How about Raoul's POV on Allison Harrington arrival on Grayson.
Post by cthia   » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:16 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

saber964 wrote:How about Raoul's POV on Allison Harrington arrival on Grayson.

Good one. Yet easy.

"Memaw! Memaw! Memaw! giggle giggle spit-up"

Post by stewart   » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:34 am

stewart
Captain of the List

Just which witch would that be? If you're thinking Cordelia Ransom, she dies some time before the "Oops" and Shannon had nothing to do with it, it was all Harkness.[/quote]
Indeed, I was thinking about Ransom.

OOPS.

Forgive me, Harkness ... and readers too?

Thanks ... good glove![/quote]

----------

But Shannon's inspiration WAS Harkness , as soon as she saw TEPES blow up, she had figured out what had happened. Her "Oops" was Harkness' operation writ LARGE.

-- Stewart
Post by cthia   » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:35 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

I'd really like the POV of the female recipient re the practical joke with the stuffed treecat dismembered by the cultivator.

Is she still in therapy? :lol:

Did she have her revenge with a seemingly realistic plate of very delicious looking silk celery?
:lol: :lol:

Post by Lord Skimper   » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:09 am

Lord Skimper
Vice Admiral

I'd just like to see a book from a first person POV. Even a whole chapter or several chapters perhaps one each dealing with an incident from the POV of only one character looking out. First person in their head looking out. Even if it is just a mundane thing or series of things. A ship docking from a dock workers POV from the junior officer on the bridge, from the xo watching from the side. From an engineer and from a passenger waiting to board a shuttle watching intently. A guy perhaps a spy watching from a booth in a nearby restaurant. A security officer trying to figure out what has grabbed the spy's interest. ...
Post by cthia   » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:05 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Lord Skimper wrote:
I'd just like to see a book from a first person POV. Even a whole chapter or several chapters perhaps one each dealing with an incident from the POV of only one character looking out. First person in their head looking out. Even if it is just a mundane thing or series of things. A ship docking from a dock workers POV from the junior officer on the bridge, from the xo watching from the side. From an engineer and from a passenger waiting to board a shuttle watching intently. A guy perhaps a spy watching from a booth in a nearby restaurant. A security officer trying to figure out what has grabbed the spy's interest. ...

You mean like McQueen's defense of Trevor's Star.

"If Alexander thinks this is going to be another 'flight in the amusement park' then he doesn't have another think coming, 'cause he just wasted the one he had. I'm going to be the one amused."

Post by saber964   » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:14 pm

saber964
Admiral

cthia wrote:
saber964 wrote:How about Raoul's POV on Allison Harrington arrival on Grayson.

Good one. Yet easy.

"Memaw! Memaw! Memaw! giggle giggle spit-up"

Whoops, wrong Raoul, I thinking of the admiral. my guess is that where ever he is at ROFLMAO.
Post by stewart   » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:42 pm

stewart
Captain of the List

cthia wrote:I'd really like the POV of the female recipient re the practical joke with the stuffed treecat dismembered by the cultivator.

Is she still in therapy? :lol:

Did she have her revenge with a seemingly realistic plate of very delicious looking silk celery?
:lol: :lol:

-----------

Don't think gender was mentioned. LaFollett just referred to the recipient as one of the groundskeepers / gardeners. Since it was on Grayson and outside, I might surmise it MAY have been a male gardener, but that's just my supposition.

-- Stewart

Return to Honorverse