Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 136 guests

Point of View: Wishes and Likes

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Point of View: Wishes and Likes
Post by stewart   » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:59 pm

stewart
Captain of the List

cthia wrote:I know it's impossible, but I'd love to have McQueen's POV as to how things actually turned out.

In fact, I wonder about that quite often.

-----------------

We have a lot of McQueen's POV in RFC's Nightfall story as part of the "Changer of Worlds" anthology.

Although more detail of the last / final hours would be interesting

-- Stewart
Post by cthia   » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:35 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Shannon Foraker's POV regarding a certain button.
Oops. Did I do tha-at?

Foraker meets Urkel.

POV courtesy of my now 13-yr-old niece, Princess Tierney.

The youngest winner ever in the tribal pauau games!

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:53 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

The POV of CIC of every future SLN ship encountering a ship of the GA.

"Ruh-roh!"

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:18 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Did textev serve up the POV of Nimitz' clan regarding his injuries?

Post by Hutch   » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:51 am

Hutch
Vice Admiral

cthia wrote:The POV of CIC of every future SLN ship encountering a ship of the GA.

"Ruh-roh!"

It's going to depend on how fast, how far, and how accurately the news is getting out. Remember, in Shadows of Freedom, neither Dueñas or Admiral Dubroskaya had anything but rumors about Spindle, and General Yucel didn't know about Filareta.

So, depending what information the SLN is sending out (and while there is no evidence that they are lying to their ship commanders, they may have initially 'discounted' some of the 'wilder' reports. Presumably the new command is getting the word out about the real risks of engaging Manty ships, but it's a Big League and it may take months to get to the most distant outposts.

So there may still be a few Sollie Commanders who are not clued in to the fate awaiting those who engage the SEM.

Pity about that...
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Post by cthia   » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:33 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Hutch wrote:
cthia wrote:
The POV of CIC of every future SLN ship encountering a ship of the GA.

"Ruh-roh!"

It's going to depend on how fast, how far, and how accurately the news is getting out. Remember, in Shadows of Freedom, neither Dueñas or Admiral Dubroskaya had anything but rumors about Spindle, and General Yucel didn't know about Filareta.

So, depending what information the SLN is sending out (and while there is no evidence that they are lying to their ship commanders, they may have initially 'discounted' some of the 'wilder' reports. Presumably the new command is getting the word out about the real risks of engaging Manty ships, but it's a Big League and it may take months to get to the most distant outposts.

So there may still be a few Sollie Commanders who are not clued in to the fate awaiting those who engage the SEM.

Pity about that...

Uh huh. So essentially what you are saying Hutch, is that not until the impossibly long legged missiles begin flying, in conjunction with the hellishly effective ECM, etc., will we get a "Ruh-roh" outta them? :lol:

Post by MuonNeutrino   » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:40 pm

MuonNeutrino
Commander

cthia wrote:Uh huh. So essentially what you are saying Hutch, is that not until the impossibly long legged missiles begin flying, in conjunction with the hellishly effective ECM, etc., will we get a "Ruh-roh" outta them? :lol:

And it'll be a pretty *brief* "Ruh-roh", too. Maybe even just a "Ruh-". ;)
Post by Hutch   » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:49 pm

Hutch
Vice Admiral

MuonNeutrino wrote:
cthia wrote:Uh huh. So essentially what you are saying Hutch, is that not until the impossibly long legged missiles begin flying, in conjunction with the hellishly effective ECM, etc., will we get a "Ruh-roh" outta them? :lol:

I believe the actual term to be used in that circumstance will begin with the 15th letter of the Alphabet and conclude with a vulgar description of fecal matter..... 8-)
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Post by cthia   » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:23 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

MuonNeutrino wrote:
cthia wrote:
Uh huh. So essentially what you are saying Hutch, is that not until the impossibly long legged missiles begin flying, in conjunction with the hellishly effective ECM, etc., will we get a "Ruh-roh" outta them? :lol:

I believe the actual term to be used in that circumstance will begin with the 15th letter of the Alphabet and conclude with a vulgar description of fecal matter..... 8-)

Umm, Hutch. I think that's what they'll do after the "Ruh-roh!"

Post by cthia   » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:58 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

I'd sure like the POV of the bridge crew during Honor's and Klaus' confrontation aboard ship.

You just know that every single crew member was seething mad and if not foaming at the mouth, they were foaming at the mind.

Return to Honorverse