Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 150 guests

Point of View: Wishes and Likes

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Point of View: Wishes and Likes
Post by roseandheather   » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:14 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

cthia wrote:I'd really like to have the POV of Countess New Kiev's courier after the "sulfurous" tongue lashing from Estelle.

"I'm just the messenger. Why does everyone always want to shoot the messenger even though the rules clearly state 'Don't shoot the messenger?' Gees!"

:lol:

Poor guy. His ass has been chewed so much, being New Kiev's courier, they'll never remove all of the shark's teeth.

Forget the courier - I just want to see the tongue-lashing!!

Oh my God, Estelle Matsuko tearing multiple bloody strips off New Kiev's hide, even from light-years away? DO WANT.
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by stewart   » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:50 am

stewart
Captain of the List

roseandheather wrote:
There is a raid on the MAlign Bolthole. Incidentally, Nimitz and another treecat were the one's responsible for the capture of Detweiler.

Upon arriving back on Manticore, with Detweiler, Treecats - as a species, demand custody of Detweiler to stand trial in front of the Treecats and be metered a punishment from the cats. As a species, the bigger atrocity was committed to them.

Should there be an extradition?

Assuming the treecats felt that way yet hadn't already sliced his throat open, no, there couldn't be an extradition unless Manticoran laws governing treecats were changed. Remember that currently treecats effectively have a status comparable to minors. They do not have a recognized government or independent status to request extradition.

That does not mean that the government could not turn Detweiler over to the treecats, though. It just wouldn't be an extradition, and it would have to have a different explanation than turning him over for a treecat trial. Or perhaps it would trigger a re-examination of the status of treecats from a legal perspective.[/quote]

Frankly, I'm in Camp "Mysteriously Lose Him In The Middle of the Picketwood and Make Apologetic Noises Later".

I mean, if they don't have a body, nobody can be blamed for anything, right? Just ignore the clan or twelve of treecats mysteriously licking blood from their claws... :twisted:

Also, hey, I'm a Vice Admiral now! :mrgreen:[/quote]

---------------------

The only question in this scenario is whether the 'cats have him for dinner or a Hexapuma has him for dinner.

1) Only your picketwood tree knows for sure (and they are not telling)
2) I'd bet on the Hexapumas -- Detweiller may be toxic :o

-- Stewart
Post by cthia   » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:45 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Everyone knows about the intriguing conversation between Honor and Michelle regarding Henke's stubbornness and the fact that Henke herself held back her own promotions. All after Henke was given Ajax and Battlecruiser Squadron 81.

There was a line or two with Honor asking Michelle if she'd viewed her personnel file. Henke was a bit taken aback, iirc. Honor said, paraphrasing, "Well if you had bothered to break the rules this once you'd have known ..."

Then later Honor told her, paraphrasing, "Well if you're concerned about people pulling strings for you, I'd suggest you go out and prove you're worthy of that ship and promotion."

I'd like the POV of the follow up conversation between Michelle and Honor, with Honor ribbing Michelle for a change. "See? Was that so bad? Well done! I knew you could do it!"

Question:
Can anyone just view their personnel file? I'd think that'd be classified. And ... can Michelle generally use her own political status to circumvent certain classified materials?

Honor said something regarding "I'm surprised that you didn't bend the rules in this instance. Is it an honor (npi) system?
What about Elizabeth? Can Elizabeth request all classified materials, should she so desire?

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by SWM   » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:57 am

SWM
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:Everyone knows about the intriguing conversation between Honor and Michelle regarding Henke's stubbornness and the fact that Henke herself held back her own promotions. All after Henke was given Ajax and Battlecruiser Squadron 81.

There was a line or two with Honor asking Michelle if she'd viewed her personnel file. Henke was a bit taken aback, iirc. Honor said, paraphrasing, "Well if you had bothered to break the rules this once you'd have known ..."

Then later Honor told her, paraphrasing, "Well if you're concerned about people pulling strings for you, I'd suggest you go out and prove you're worthy of that ship and promotion."

I'd like the POV of the follow up conversation between Michelle and Honor, with Honor ribbing Michelle for a change. "See? Was that so bad? Well done! I knew you could do it!"

Question:
Can anyone just view their personnel file? I'd think that'd be classified. And ... can Michelle generally use her own political status to circumvent certain classified materials?

Honor said something regarding "I'm surprised that you didn't bend the rules in this instance. Is it an honor (npi) system?
What about Elizabeth? Can Elizabeth request all classified materials, should she so desire?

I don't think they are classified; they are restricted for the same reasons that certain personnel evaluations are restricted in the business world. And it is probably just as easy to arrange to see your own personnel evaluations as it is in the real world, too, with just a few connections. Seeing someone else's file is undoubtedly much harder.
--------------------------------------------
Librarian: The Original Search Engine
Post by cthia   » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:08 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

SWM wrote:
cthia wrote:Everyone knows about the intriguing conversation between Honor and Michelle regarding Henke's stubbornness and the fact that Henke herself held back her own promotions. All after Henke was given Ajax and Battlecruiser Squadron 81.

Question:

I don't think they are classified; they are restricted for the same reasons that certain personnel evaluations are restricted in the business world. And it is probably just as easy to arrange to see your own personnel evaluations as it is in the real world, too, with just a few connections. Seeing someone else's file is undoubtedly much harder.

I suppose that makes sense. It makes sense to me anyways. And I don't suppose one could glean references to other classified materials/incidences from one's file.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:15 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

I'd like the POV of Hamish's moonlight tryst with Theodosia Kuzak. That entire quite discreet affair, and the surviving friendship, garnered much of my respect for Kuzak. I'm sorry we lost her. I was anticipating much more from her character.

I wonder if RFC cut her strings because of the possible awkwardness emanating from her during those close proximities to Honor.

Honor could sense emotions and we all are only human. Kuzak may have had a poker face, but no one has a poker heart.

Did Kuzak know of Honor's empathic ability?

Who all knows now?

Aside:

If the only prerequisite is red hair and green eyes (OMG!) Then there won't be a shortage of gorgeous possibilities to portray her on HD ...

Alexandra Breckinridge
Rachel McAdams
Florence Welch
Melinda Clarke
Julie McNiven
Drew Barrymore
Grace Holley
Alyson Hannigan
Galadriel Steinman
Alison Sudol
Lindsay Lohan
Laura Prepon
Kate Winslet
Nicole Fox
Lauren Ambrose
Hayley Williams
Karen Gillan
Darya Lebedeva
Elena Satine
Melinda Clarke
Bryce Dallas Howard
Amy Yasbeck
Julianne Moore
Emma Roberts

http://www.listal.com/list/green-eyes-red-hair

Last edited by cthia on Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by cthia   » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:35 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

I'd like Samantha's POV regarding being bonded to Hamish as opposed to Harold Tschu.

I'd like the POV of a bonded human-cat pair when a human drinks himself under the Budweiser truck. What is the empathic mindglow of a drunkard?

Post by fallsfromtrees   » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:49 pm

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

cthia wrote:I'd like Samantha's POV regarding being bonded to Hamish as opposed to Harold Tschu.

I'd like the POV of a bonded human-cat pair when a human drinks himself under the Budweiser truck. What is the empathic mindglow of a drunkard?

It's not clear the someone that a cat would bond to would be interested in drinking the Old Tilman brewery dry, if only becuase of the pain it might cause their partner.
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Post by cthia   » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:23 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

POV.

Nimitz requests a private meeting with Queen Elizabeth, after word of another impending SLN attack on the Home system with every single ship in the fleet.

"<SOUL OF STEEL> <PEOPLE> <CONCERNED> Many enemy ship attack."

"Yes Nimitz. My navy has it under control."

"Not concerned your navy. <S><L><N> fleet. Dances on Clouds brings storm. Slaughter wholesale. Bitch gone crazy."

Post by fallsfromtrees   » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:02 pm

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

cthia wrote:POV.

Nimitz requests a private meeting with Queen Elizabeth, after word of another impending SLN attack on the Home system with every single ship in the fleet.

"<SOUL OF STEEL> <PEOPLE> <CONCERNED> Many enemy ship attack."

"Yes Nimitz. My navy has it under control."

"Not concerned your navy. <S><L><N> fleet. Dances on Clouds brings storm. Slaughter wholesale. Bitch gone crazy."

And why would Nimitz consider wholesale slaughter of one's enemies crazy :?:
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln

Return to Honorverse