Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 73 guests

Point of View: Wishes and Likes

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Point of View: Wishes and Likes
Post by cthia   » Fri May 15, 2015 2:34 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

I'd like the POV from the...
Lost Diary of Stephanie Harrington

After reading this message, please forget. If ever confronted in public, I will deny it as vehemently as our Men In Black.

Stephanie was known as Death Fang's Bane. I'm just getting that!
Stephanie was the bane of a hexapuma's existence.

OIC! :roll: :oops:

Talk about a meaning cloaked in stealth. Or maybe I just had passive sensors on.

I'll deny it :!:

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by saber964   » Fri May 15, 2015 4:41 pm

saber964
Admiral

cthia wrote:I'd like the POV from the...

After reading this message, please forget. If ever confronted in public, I will deny it as vehemently as our Men In Black.

Talk about a meaning cloaked in stealth. Or maybe I just had passive sensors on.

Actually two of the critters.
Post by Weird Harold   » Fri May 15, 2015 6:56 pm

Weird Harold
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:...of where Anton had acquired the skills to keep that broken ship going, when he, Victor and company were almost marooned.

Forgive me, I forget the name of the ship or the company of the young lady that was along with.

The Ship was the Howli Sowle and while I don't remember names either, it was NOT Anton (or Victor) that repaired the hyperdrive by building a crude lathe and turning a new part; it was the elder of Ganny El's nephews.
Answers! I got lots of answers!

(Now if I could just find the right questions.)
Post by cthia   » Fri May 15, 2015 7:13 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Weird Harold wrote:
cthia wrote:...of where Anton had acquired the skills to keep that broken ship going, when he, Victor and company were almost marooned.

Forgive me, I forget the name of the ship or the company of the young lady that was along with.

The Ship was the Howli Sowle and while I don't remember names either, it was NOT Anton (or Victor) that repaired the hyperdrive by building a crude lathe and turning a new part; it was the elder of Ganny El's nephews.

I didn't say rebuild the hyperdrive. I said "keep the broken ship going."

I'm not saying I'm right. I just thought textev mentioned something about Anton keeping it together with duct tape or something.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by lyonheart   » Sat May 16, 2015 12:57 am

lyonheart
Fleet Admiral

Hi Hutch,

Yup, you're right.

Because I thought I was providing balance.

Wasn't I? ;)

Leaving it unanswered stuck in my craw.

But a major danger of opening that can of worms is somebody may have a far better return volley.

L

Hutch wrote:
lyonheart wrote:Hi Cythia,

First, please don't bring politics here to the forums.

It's one of the reasons I like the forums

Same here, but then you go and write a whole post of politics (yours), probably because you didn't read where cthia had pulled back and stopped the discussion...in other words, my friend, you posted before you read the rest of the thread and then did what you said we shouldn't do... :o

That's three lashes with a wet noodle, lyonheart... 8-) :lol:
Any snippet or post from RFC is good if not great!
Post by saber964   » Sat May 16, 2015 8:31 pm

saber964
Admiral

Weird Harold" quote="cthia wrote:...of where Anton had acquired the skills to keep that broken ship going, when he, Victor and company were almost marooned.

The Ship was the Howli Sowle and while I don't remember names either, it was NOT Anton (or Victor) that repaired the hyperdrive by building a crude lathe and turning a new part; it was the elder of Ganny El's nephews.[/quote]

It was Andrew Artlet.
Post by stewart   » Mon May 18, 2015 7:56 pm

stewart
Captain of the List

saber964 wrote:cthia"]I'd like the POV from the...

Actually two of the critters.[/quote]

----

One by knife, one by rifle;
all the others heard about the first two and stayed out of her way ..... :)

-- Stewart
Post by cthia   » Wed May 20, 2015 9:51 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

From Hutch's last post in the 'passages' thread...
Death, Life, and Sacrifice. And why they are called Lara's Own...

Which is why storyline promises superb storytelling of Grayson's armsmen on Torch. Can we say 'tactical collaboration' between Lara's Own and Grayson's armsmen?

Post by cthia   » Wed May 20, 2015 1:52 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Warning.

Whenever I visit someone's home, I take stock in the titles lining their library. You can tell a lot about someone by what they read. We are what we ingest. I'd like to know the listings lining certain character's library. We all know one title found in Honor's bookcase. General Clauswitz' On War.

What would occupy Elizabeth, Shannon, Cathy Montaigne, Victor, Anton, Shannon, Estelle, Alice Truman, Hamish, Eloise, Theisman, Benjamin, Benjamin's wives, Henke, Caparelli, Hemphill, 's library? I'd wager On War and The Art of War to be a subset of all libraries.

I admit it. Some people nosey about your medicine cabinet. I look around your library.

Post by SWM   » Wed May 20, 2015 6:26 pm

SWM
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:Warning.

Whenever I visit someone's home, I take stock in the titles lining their library. You can tell a lot about someone by what they read. We are what we ingest. I'd like to know the listings lining certain character's library. We all know one title found in Honor's bookcase. General Clauswitz' On War.

What would occupy Elizabeth, Shannon, Cathy Montaigne, Victor, Anton, Shannon, Estelle, Alice Truman, Hamish, Eloise, Theisman, Benjamin, Benjamin's wives, Henke, Caparelli, Hemphill, 's library? I'd wager On War and The Art of War to be a subset of all libraries.

I admit it. Some people nosey about your medicine cabinet. I look around your library.
I doubt that Clausewitz or Sun Tzu are in the Mayhew library. But I could see Il Prince, Das Kapital, On the Origin of Species, and Mendel's Experiments on Plant Hybrids. :)
--------------------------------------------
Librarian: The Original Search Engine

Return to Honorverse