Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 134 guests

Point of View: Wishes and Likes

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Point of View: Wishes and Likes
Post by cthia   » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:51 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

fallsfromtrees wrote:
cthia wrote:POV.

Nimitz requests a private meeting with Queen Elizabeth, after word of another impending SLN attack on the Home system with every single ship in the fleet.

"<SOUL OF STEEL> <PEOPLE> <CONCERNED> Many enemy ship attack."

"Yes Nimitz. My navy has it under control."

"Not concerned your navy. <S><L><N> fleet. Dances on Clouds brings storm. Slaughter wholesale. Bitch gone crazy."

And why would Nimitz consider wholesale slaughter of one's enemies crazy :?:

Because wholesale slaughter as a prevailing principle is indecent. Acknowledgment of such is what set the RMN apart from the rest. Needless killing is needless. Unfettered killing is savage. Treecats are not savages.

Honor Harrington understands that very well.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:33 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

I'd like the POV of Nimitz relating to the treecats about skinsuits - plumbing and thruster operation.

<And it goes where you want it to go Nimitz?>

<Yes. Move your foot, go here. Move this arm, go there>

<That simple eh>

Memory song of thruster operation
<You put your left foot in
you take your left foot out
You put your left foot in
And you shake it all about
You do the hokey pokey
And you turn yourself around
And that's what it's all about

clan response
<Wow>

The mentally slow treecat, Forest Slump ... <Explain plumbing again>

Collective treecats <NO, DON'T SING THAT SONG AGAIN>

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:49 am

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

cthia wrote:I'd like the POV of Nimitz relating to the treecats about skinsuits - plumbing and thruster operation.

<And it goes where you want it to go Nimitz?>

<Yes. Move your foot, go here. Move this arm, go there>

<That simple eh>

Memory song of thruster operation
<You put your left foot in
you take your left foot out
You put your left foot in
And you shake it all about
You do the hokey pokey
And you turn yourself around
And that's what it's all about

clan response
<Wow>

The mentally slow treecat, Forest Slump ... <Explain plumbing again>

Collective treecats <NO, DON'T SING THAT SONG AGAIN>

Very funny.
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Post by cthia   » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:59 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

<Been needing to tell you that many treecats sad that you killed Pavel Young>

"What! Why, Stinker?!"

<Many treecats wanted to bond with him>

"WHAT! THAT SCUM YOUNG? WHY?!

<Treecats bet Pavel dumb enough to put slicer on his head>

Post by cthia   » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:33 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

I'd like the POV of Honor's ship right after a successful operation. Perhaps after intensive maneuvers engaging a trio of pirates. She has retired to her quarters with orders not to disturb her for twenty-four hours and McKeon has the helm. She has left the entire crew to celebrate successful maneuvers on their own. They've worked rather hard non-stop for the last several weeks, doubling shifts. They are all drinking real Terran Whiskey, which is against regulation. But no one likes drinking regulation whisky that doesn't give you a buzz. People drink for the buzz, not for the taste. The entire bridge has been celebrating and painting one on. There's even some Stilthy weed floating around.

But who was supposed to be the designated drivers?

"FULL STOP! WE'RE ABOUT TO CRASH INTO THAT MOON!"

"We're where? How the hell did we get here?!"

"Oh God. Honor's going to kill us!"

"We're not going to tell her you idiot!"

"This isn't a '57 Chevy, Sir. We can't just roll back the odometer. She'll notice that many LYs for sure!"

"That damn Stilthy smoke! Get that weed off my ship!"
"And what the hell was that we were drinking?"

"Terran whiskey sir. Jack Daniel's."

"Jack's ass goes out the airlock now Ensign. Is that clear!"

"Yes, sir!"

"And what's that all over your face?"

"It's snot, sir. I'm a snotty."

"Santos. Pull out all the stops and get this ship back to where she belongs before our illustrious Captain returns to the bridge!"

"Sir, Santos just puked all over her spanners!"

"Why does this shit only happen to the first officer while her highness gets to sleep?"

Last edited by cthia on Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post by fallsfromtrees   » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:23 pm

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

cthia wrote:I'd like the POV of Honor's ship right after a successful operation. Perhaps after intensive maneuvers engaging a trio of pirates. She has retired to her quarters with orders not to disturb her for twenty-four hours and McKeon has the helm. She has left the entire crew to celebrate successful maneuvers on their own. They've worked rather hard non-stop for the last several weeks, doubling shifts. They are all drinking real Terran Whiskey, which is against regulation. But no one likes drinking regulation whisky that doesn't give you a buzz. People drink for the buzz, not for the taste. The entire bridge has been celebrating and painting one on. There's even some Stilthy weed floating around.

"FULL STOP. WE'RE ABOUT TO CRASH INTO THAT MOON!"

"This isn't a '57 Chevy, Sir. We can't just roll back the odometer. She'll notice that many LYs for sure!"

"Yes, sir!"

"Santos. Pull out all the stops and get this ship back to where she belongs before our illustrious Captain returns to the bridge!"

"Sir, Santos just puked all over the spanners!"

"Why does this shit only happen to the first officer while her highness gets to sleep?"

Not gonna happen - not on a ship Honor has been in command of for more that about 6 t-weeks. The crew would never disappoint her by letting her down that way. (On wayfarer, even Stillman didn't try any of that horse puckey).
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Post by cthia   » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:49 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

fallsfromtrees wrote:
cthia wrote:I'd like the POV of Honor's ship right after a successful operation. Perhaps after intensive maneuvers engaging a trio of pirates. She has retired to her quarters with orders not to disturb her for twenty-four hours and McKeon has the helm. She has left the entire crew to celebrate successful maneuvers on their own. They've worked rather hard non-stop for the last several weeks, doubling shifts. They are all drinking real Terran Whiskey, which is against regulation. But no one likes drinking regulation whisky that doesn't give you a buzz. People drink for the buzz, not for the taste. The entire bridge has been celebrating and painting one on. There's even some Stilthy weed floating around.

"FULL STOP. WE'RE ABOUT TO CRASH INTO THAT MOON!"

"Yes, sir!"

"Sir, Santos just puked all over the spanners!"

Not gonna happen - not on a ship Honor has been in command of for more that about 6 t-weeks. The crew would never disappoint her by letting her down that way. (On wayfarer, even Stillman didn't try any of that horse puckey).

Probably not. Well, not and her remain oblivious to it, with the empathic super powers she's got.

But you know it's happened. On some wholeasses ship, where the crew overly medicates every opportunity just to get through being aboard the ship of an incompetent lunatic, like Pavel Young.

Post by SWM   » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:04 am

SWM
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:Probably not. Well, not and her remain oblivious to it, with the empathic super powers she's got.

But you know it's happened. On some wholeasses ship, where the crew overly medicates every opportunity just to get through being aboard the ship of an incompetent lunatic, like Pavel Young.

You're thinking of A Ship Named Francis. :)
--------------------------------------------
Librarian: The Original Search Engine
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:04 pm

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

SWM wrote:
cthia wrote:Probably not. Well, not and her remain oblivious to it, with the empathic super powers she's got.

You're thinking of A Ship Named Francis. :)

Which, of course, Hutch does not accept as canon :mrgreen:
========================

Post by Hutch   » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:47 pm

Hutch
Vice Admiral

SWM wrote:You're thinking of A Ship Named Francis. :)

fallsfromtrees wrote:Which, of course, Hutch does not accept as canon :mrgreen:

Whhaaaaattt? :? :? :?

Here I was enjoying a bit of banter between several well-regarded posters and I get hauled into it?

FWIW, I enjoyed and still am fond of A Ship Named Francis while also thinking that no GSN ship would ever be like that...an opinion shared by many here, IMHO.
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5

Return to Honorverse