Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: penny and 169 guests

Point of View: Wishes and Likes

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Point of View: Wishes and Likes
Post by stewart   » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:05 am

stewart
Captain of the List

Hutch wrote:I wish I had been able to see Aivars Therekov's reaction when he got the news that the 'Nasty Kitty" had been destroyed at Oyster Bay, along with his then-XO Austin FitzGerald and who knows how many more friends.

I would suggest any and all MAlignment folks stay well out his way....the man does have a bit of a temper... :o

------------------

And the race is on --

Each has their "little list" (or long list as the case may be)

Honor Alexander-Harrington

Michelle Henke

Anton Zilwicki

Victor Cachat

Thandi Palane

Aivars Terekhov

Who will get to have a "heart to heart talk" with the RF principals who have now (mostly) left Mesa ?

or would they paraphrase Tomas Ramirez and say "The Duchess would have my ass if I killed you....."

-- Stewart
Post by Hutch   » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:20 am

Hutch
Vice Admiral

stewart wrote:
Hutch wrote:I wish I had been able to see Aivars Therekov's reaction when he got the news that the 'Nasty Kitty" had been destroyed at Oyster Bay, along with his then-XO Austin FitzGerald and who knows how many more friends.

I would suggest any and all MAlignment folks stay well out his way....the man does have a bit of a temper... :o

------------------

And the race is on --

Michelle Henke

Anton Zilwicki

Victor Cachat

Thandi Palane

Aivars Terekhov

Who will get to have a "heart to heart talk" with the RF principals who have now (mostly) left Mesa ?

or would they paraphrase Tomas Ramirez and say "The Duchess would have my ass if I killed you....."

-- Stewart

And do not forget Sorrow Singer....
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Post by SharkHunter   » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:05 am

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

Hutch wrote:
stewart wrote:I wish I had been able to see Aivars Therekov's reaction when he got the news that the 'Nasty Kitty" had been destroyed at Oyster Bay, along with his then-XO Austin FitzGerald and who knows how many more friends.

------------------
And the race is on --

Michelle Henke
Anton Zilwicki
Victor Cachat
Thandi Palane
Aivars Terekhov

Plus Hutch added Sorrow Singer...
-- Stewart
Add Abigail & Protector Benjamin.... I think the paraphrase might be "...there's a few folks who will have my arse if I killed you before they get here. But they didn't say I couldn't hurt you first."
---------------------
All my posts are YMMV, IMHO, and welcoming polite discussion, extension, and rebuttal. This is the HonorVerse, after all
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:15 pm

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

stewart wrote:
------------------

And the race is on --

Michelle Henke

Anton Zilwicki

Victor Cachat

Thandi Palane

Aivars Terekhov

-- Stewart
Hutch wrote:

Who would not wait on the Duchess to dismantle him.
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Post by JeffEngel   » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:28 pm

JeffEngel
Admiral

fallsfromtrees wrote:
Hutch wrote:

Who would not wait on the Duchess to dismantle him.

Some months later, on New Potsdam:
Gustav Anderman receives a small, small box. Within: a toe of Gervais Detweiler.

"It was all that was left, Your Majesty. 'First come, first served.'"
Post by stewart   » Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:11 am

stewart
Captain of the List

cthia wrote:POV at the reclamation yards, the breakers ...

"Ye gonna nae dae that Lassie. Ye must let her goo. Ye must let her goo."

"I'll ...sigh ... damn well let her go when I please! I'll let her go when ... I ... I ... please. Fearless sir. She's ... Fearless, and she ... she ... she deserves ... be- ... be- ... better.

"That she does Lass. That she does."

--------------

Parts of some retired ships can be reclaimed and used in the newer, sometimes of same name.

The current USS New York -- an LPD (amphib / Marine Transport) is constructed (partially) from steel recovered from the WTC Towers.
One of my old ships (Enterprise CVN65) has engineering components from the incomplete Kentucky (BB66) as did Sacramento and Camden (AOE1 and AOE2).

There is a sense of continuity in parts of the older generation of ships continuing to serve as part of the new construction.

-- Stewart
Post by SharkHunter   » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:39 am

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

Aloysius O’Neal, when after leaving the RMN and having a multi year career as a ship captain with a private company, gets a message from the admiralty, saying (based on the Casimir Raid) "you have good street cred with Fleet Admiral Harrington AND our new friends in Torch. How'd you like to suit up again? We've got Taylor Nairobi standing by to work with you..."
---------------------
All my posts are YMMV, IMHO, and welcoming polite discussion, extension, and rebuttal. This is the HonorVerse, after all
Post by stewart   » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:49 am

stewart
Captain of the List

SharkHunter wrote:Aloysius O’Neal, when after leaving the RMN and having a multi year career as a ship captain with a private company, gets a message from the admiralty, saying (based on the Casimir Raid) "you have good street cred with Fleet Admiral Harrington AND our new friends in Torch. How'd you like to suit up again? We've got Taylor Nairobi standing by to work with you..."

----------------

Those two (assuming they've survived) would be GREAT mentors for the Royal Torch Navy; Maybe even instructors at the Torch Navy Basic Academy.

-- Stewart
Post by GofyTomcat1   » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:24 pm

GofyTomcat1
Commander

Wishes:
Shannon "Oops" Foraker, preferably if she is either around Honor or Sonja (and the latter in a serious relationship))

MORE HONOR!! A LOT MORE HONOR!! AS IN GIVE HER A COMMAND AGAIN HONOR!!

Treecats having their POV in a chapter or so!

Honor Stephanie-Alexander Harrington
Tom Theisman
Estelle Matsuko ( OBS and her views was SOOO GOOD!!!!)
Post by cthia   » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:28 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

The POV of internal Andermani politics.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense

Return to Honorverse